ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Credit Card Fraud but Application payment not made

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

GeneNZ

Credit Card Fraud but Application payment not made

Post by GeneNZ » Tue May 01, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm in a bit of a predicament.

I used my Credit Card for my Tier 1 Visa Extension. I submitted by post of 14th April and it was received by the UKBA by 17th April.

Now due to the delay of the processing time, I don't expect my Credit Card to be charged for another week or two.

Today I received a call from HSBC saying that fraud had been committed on my card. Someone had charged £10 on my credit card somewhere in Canada that I didn't make. They've put a block on my credit card, but I haven't yet cancelled it because I'm well aware of my visa situation. What it means is that UKBA will not be able to process my application since they cannot take payment. The bank said if I call them up when I want to make the transaction, they'll let that through. But naturally I have no idea when the payment will be put through?

What are my options? If UKBA can't take payment will they write me saying that payment was declined and I can resubmit payment via another method? My leave to remain isn't until June 15th. But I'm wondering what I can do?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Gene Tang

WRS

Re: Credit Card Fraud but Application payment not made

Post by WRS » Tue May 01, 2012 2:06 pm

GeneNZ wrote:Hi Guys,

I used my Credit Card for my Tier 1 Visa Extension. I submitted by post of 14th April and it was received by the UKBA by 17th April.

Now due to the delay of the processing time, I don't expect my Credit Card to be charged for another week or two.

Today I received a call from HSBC saying that fraud had been committed on my card. Someone had charged £10 on my credit card somewhere in Canada that I didn't make. They've put a block on my credit card, but I haven't yet cancelled it because I'm well aware of my visa situation. What it means is that UKBA will not be able to process my application since they cannot take payment. The bank said if I call them up when I want to make the transaction, they'll let that through. But naturally I have no idea when the payment will be put through?

What are my options? If UKBA can't take payment will they write me saying that payment was declined and I can resubmit payment via another method? My leave to remain isn't until June 15th. But I'm wondering what I can do?

Regards,

Gene Tang
If your card is blocked, your payment will be declined and your application will be returned as invalid. You will then have to re-apply.

smithasushil
Newly Registered

Post by smithasushil » Wed May 02, 2012 10:36 am

hi ,

any updates on when the application was sent back to you ?
have you reapplied ? How long did the process take ?

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Wed May 02, 2012 2:50 pm

I don't know if this is possible or not, you can speak to your bank and find out.

Ask them to block your card for any other transactions except for the one which will come through UKBA and you can also tell them the amount they should expect. Explain them the nature of importance of this transaction and it may be worth speaking to manager if customer service are not able to help you.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Wed May 02, 2012 2:52 pm

The transaction will be in the name of "HOME OFFICE CROYDON".
Let the bank know that don't stop this transaction.

pgaitonde
Member of Standing

Re: Credit Card Fraud but Application payment not made

Post by pgaitonde » Wed May 02, 2012 3:30 pm

GeneNZ wrote:Hi Guys,

Regards,

Gene Tang
Call the Home office on 08706067766 and explain them your situation and i think they will ask you to send the change of circumstances form

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Wed May 02, 2012 4:07 pm

I have not seen the change of circumstances form but there might be a box to fill ' case reference number ' which you might not have at this stage.

Ask UKBA what to fill-in there while you will be on the phone.
My replies are just personel suggestions and not substitute of a professional advice

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed May 02, 2012 7:48 pm

If I were you, I would deal with my bank rather than UKBA. Just call them and explain them your situation.

You know the exact amount UKBA will charge you on that card. Tell your bank to let that transaction through. Blocking your card is just a preventive measure. I am sure they will let the UKBA transaction through, if you tell them to do it.

Sahib

Post by Sahib » Wed May 02, 2012 8:08 pm

I agree with Longshift, try to speak to different people at diferent times. Also try to get hold of manager if possible and explain them how important is for you to get this money throgh.

My personel suggestion will be not to ask/agree with replacement card until your payment is taken by UKBA otherwise they might block your card for any/all future transactions.