ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shargaur

Tier-1 Extension

Post by shargaur » Wed May 02, 2012 3:08 pm

Hi Members,

My First tier-1 is expiring on 14 Jul 2012. I am planning to go for early extension probably next week.

I have enough points for my extension.

My dependent joined me on Mar 30 2012. Her visa was approved on 03 Jan 2012. I am planning to apply for her extension in first week of july.

Reasons:
1) She is currently looking for job so she needs her visa/passport.
2) Atleast one of us can go back to our base country if there is any emergency.

Questions/doubts:
1) Do I need to submit marriage certificate/marriage pics again for her extension?
2) Can I apply her extension even if my application is under consideration. (This can happen looking at the processing time UKBA is taking these days.)
3) I have only supplement 90 days bank statement for her application. Do I need to submit my salary slips also?

Need guidance.

Cheers
Gaurav

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier-1 Extension

Post by silent_warrior » Wed May 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Hello Gaurav,see replies in Dark Blue
shargaur wrote:Hi Members,

My First tier-1 is expiring on 14 Jul 2012. I am planning to go for early extension probably next week.

I have enough points for my extension.

My dependent joined me on Mar 30 2012. Her visa was approved on 03 Jan 2012. I am planning to apply for her extension in first week of july.

Reasons:
1) She is currently looking for job so she needs her visa/passport.
2) Atleast one of us can go back to our base country if there is any emergency.

Questions/doubts:
1) Do I need to submit marriage certificate/marriage pics again for her extension?
Many applicants have submitted marriage certificate. Dont need to submit marriage pictures
2) Can I apply her extension even if my application is under consideration. (This can happen looking at the processing time UKBA is taking these days.)
You would have to wait for your visa to get approved, as her new dates would have to be matched with your new dates of visa validity
3) I have only supplement 90 days bank statement for her application. Do I need to submit my salary slips also?
No
Need guidance.

Cheers
Gaurav

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Wed May 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Thanks silent_warrior.

Another doubt, how can I wait till my visa is approved. She will be without status if her visa get expired and she doesn't apply for extension.

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 pm

shargaur wrote:Thanks silent_warrior.

Another doubt, how can I wait till my visa is approved. She will be without status if her visa get expired and she doesn't apply for extension.
Apologies for not including this information in my previous post.
Yes, and I would recommend you both apply together or she will have to exit the country before visa expiry and apply for extension from her home country.

kingbobby57

Post by kingbobby57 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:48 am

me too agree with @silent_warrior.

mantasingh

Post by mantasingh » Thu May 03, 2012 11:52 am

Get in touch with the author of this post.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ht=#634099

He did the same thing. i.e. applied dependent separately when his own application was under process.

He will be able to tell you what happened to his application.