ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (PSW) processing times

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ummer2000

Post by ummer2000 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:34 pm

Raptorroz wrote:Beeth_ven listen to me...Call the UKBA line, press the option "Applications more than 6 months" and talk to one of the advisers. ask them that ur BRP is with DX courier and you are still waiting for your document. Take the reference number of your documents recorded signed for mail and save it in case it was delayed. Dont worry. you will get yours within this week :)
And to others asking about my documents. I did call the UKBA and they told me my documents were sent out on Monday 30/4/12 and i got them today at 11:45 AM.
Dont worry friends, Always allow up to three working days to get your documents back and again.. Best of luck :) :)
beeth_ven wrote:Chasing UKBA and DX courier services have made my life hell ! :x Now I have even finished my calling credits trying to get past the automatic voice and waiting period on the phone :( My BRP was supposed to deliver on 30/04 but they did not turn up and now after having re-booked the delivery, I am still waiting the whole day and still no sign of the DX person !! :x Looking at Raptorroz's and bhamblues' cases, God knows if I will ever get to see my BRP and passport as maybe the documents have not yet been dispatched from UKBA!!! :evil:
Raptorroz wrote:
bhamblues wrote:
Same here. I received my BRP on 30th April(dated 25th April) and when I rang UKBA, they said they have posted my documents only yesterday. Can you believe that!!
Ive got my BRP on 25th April (Dated 21st buddy). The UKBA just remembered to sent out my documents the day before yesterday 30/4. its unbelievable, i cant believe this..and now lets hope that royal mail will deliver those within 3 working days as mentioned on their website. The UKBA wont let you wait only for a decision, as well as, you have to wait for your passport and documents to be dispatched and sent out from their offices.. daaaaaaaaaarn
I also called the UKBA, but there is no option for 6 month applications.please could you guide me how you have done????????

kashyapgada

BIOmetric March 28

Post by kashyapgada » Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 pm

Hello Friends.
I did my biometric of march 28th. I have got to know from a friend that one of his friend who did his bio on march 28th has got either his docs or brp card. But most of the people in this forum status is around 19th or 20th March. Its upsetting me so long. Its not a Developed country but i feel a frustrated country and are harassing students and other immigrants purposelfully :( :( :( :(

rabh

Re: BIOmetric March 28

Post by rabh » Wed May 02, 2012 9:30 pm

kashyapgada wrote:Hello Friends.
I did my biometric of march 28th. I have got to know from a friend that one of his friend who did his bio on march 28th has got either his docs or brp card. But most of the people in this forum status is around 19th or 20th March. Its upsetting me so long. Its not a Developed country but i feel a frustrated country and are harassing students and other immigrants purposelfully :( :( :( :(
I know it is very upsetting and that's how we all are but the reality is that's how it is going at the moment, you should be relieved to read the updated status in this forum. In fact it is good to hear from you that they are processing the applications submitted way far than what is mentioned on the website, if the result of 28th is true.
All the best!

shribalaji

Post by shribalaji » Wed May 02, 2012 11:41 pm

Was it? can you please make it sure I did mine on the same date. I'm literally fed up , the over all process of my application now crossed 70 days. Well I should blame myself for what I did. Kashyapgada, buddy plz keep me posted, thanks.

dreamfriend

Post by dreamfriend » Wed May 02, 2012 11:55 pm

UKBA received my PSW application 51 days ago, yet they haven't invite for biometric. every day looking for postman.... I knew it will take ages because PSW is closing but I tried to get appointment to apply by person but didn't get. :(

Maninder 84

Post by Maninder 84 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:41 am

Hi please confirm the biometric enrolment date and let us know is it true....that your friend has given it in 28th March....bcoz it can give us idea....if its wrong let us know that too.....we all are fed up....
Thanks
Maninder

momo0830
Newly Registered

Post by momo0830 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:50 am

Maninder 84 wrote:

Hi please confirm the biometric enrolment date and let us know is it true....that your friend has given it in 28th March....bcoz it can give us idea....if its wrong let us know that too.....we all are fed up....
Thanks
Maninder
Well, means his friend apply PSW outside UK. Not developed country...

that right?

momo0830
Newly Registered

Post by momo0830 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:54 am

dreamfriend wrote:UKBA received my PSW application 51 days ago, yet they haven't invite for biometric. every day looking for postman.... I knew it will take ages because PSW is closing but I tried to get appointment to apply by person but didn't get. :(
Hi,
I think 51 is not a long time, please compare with someone, who submited in last year.

moirareggie

Post by moirareggie » Thu May 03, 2012 1:59 am

You can email me your details I'll try and help.
beeth_ven wrote:Thanks Raptorroz! The problem is that now I don't have enough calling credits to call up UKBA or DX couriers as it was all spent on chasing them for my documents :( I can't even get out of the house as I have to wait for the DX delivery the whole day!! It is still not here but I have to still wait.... If someone could kindly help me out, could you please call the UKBA and DX couriers on my behalf? I can email you my details.
Raptorroz wrote:Beeth_ven listen to me...Call the UKBA line, press the option "Applications more than 6 months" and talk to one of the advisers. ask them that ur BRP is with DX courier and you are still waiting for your document. Take the reference number of your documents recorded signed for mail and save it in case it was delayed. Dont worry. you will get yours within this week :)
And to others asking about my documents. I did call the UKBA and they told me my documents were sent out on Monday 30/4/12 and i got them today at 11:45 AM.
Dont worry friends, Always allow up to three working days to get your documents back and again.. Best of luck :) :)
beeth_ven wrote:Chasing UKBA and DX courier services have made my life hell ! :x Now I have even finished my calling credits trying to get past the automatic voice and waiting period on the phone :( My BRP was supposed to deliver on 30/04 but they did not turn up and now after having re-booked the delivery, I am still waiting the whole day and still no sign of the DX person !! :x Looking at Raptorroz's and bhamblues' cases, God knows if I will ever get to see my BRP and passport as maybe the documents have not yet been dispatched from UKBA!!! :evil:
Raptorroz wrote:
Ive got my BRP on 25th April (Dated 21st buddy). The UKBA just remembered to sent out my documents the day before yesterday 30/4. its unbelievable, i cant believe this..and now lets hope that royal mail will deliver those within 3 working days as mentioned on their website. The UKBA wont let you wait only for a decision, as well as, you have to wait for your passport and documents to be dispatched and sent out from their offices.. daaaaaaaaaarn

beeth_ven
Newly Registered

FINALLY some good news!!

Post by beeth_ven » Thu May 03, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks moirareggie for offering your help! I think my desperation finally made its point with the UKBA and DX couriers and I FINALLY have some good news to share! :) So guys, I received my BRP yesterday evening around 6pm (sorry for the late update) and now waiting anxiously for my documents...keeping fingers crossed!

My timeline:

Application Sent: 26th Jan
Acknowledgment letter received: 4th Feb (dated 30th Jan)
Biometric invitation received: 12th March (dated 8th March)
Biometric submitted: 13th March (Old Street PO, London)
BRP received: May 2nd (was supposed to be delivered on April 30th but delivery man did not come and kept me waiting the whole day!!)
Documents: Still waiting....

So you see guys, it took almost HUNDRED days for my BRP to arrive !! This kind of delay seriously kills you! :x But thanks to my fellow forum contributors, I received a lot of support and guidance. So now keeping fingers crossed for my documents and I hope everyone's wait comes to an end soon :)
moirareggie wrote:You can email me your details I'll try and help.
beeth_ven wrote:Thanks Raptorroz! The problem is that now I don't have enough calling credits to call up UKBA or DX couriers as it was all spent on chasing them for my documents :( I can't even get out of the house as I have to wait for the DX delivery the whole day!! It is still not here but I have to still wait.... If someone could kindly help me out, could you please call the UKBA and DX couriers on my behalf? I can email you my details.

hakhatri
Newly Registered

Finally!!!!

Post by hakhatri » Thu May 03, 2012 11:31 am

Hey Guys,

This might be some reassuring information for some. My application took around 106 days! My biometrics invitation letter was sent to the wrong address twice. Got the letter they sent the second time from the address they'd sent it to. After giving my biometrics on 17th March, it took them until today (3rd May) to get my documents back to me with the approval letter. The letter is dated April 23rd. So to sum it up,

Application Sent: 18th Jan
Biometrics Invitation (1st Attempt) : 23rd Feb
Biometrics Invitation (2nd Attempt): 3rd Mar
Biometrics Invitation (3rd Attempt): 17th Mar
Biometrics Submitted : 17th Mar

Documents and Approval Letter (Dated) : 23rd Apr
Documents and Approval Letter (Received) : 3rd May

So well, a very thrilling ride it was! Its very weird how people that apply from their home country get it in just a few days. Anyways, since I have the approval letter and my documents back (finally), its cool if the BRP takes a little while longer (which I'm sure will be here in one or two days..:)

For all those still waiting for their documents and BRPs, hang in there. And just for clarifying, you can work after you've applied for a PSW on a contract. The only issue is with signing a permanent contract. You wouldn't be offered a permanent one by a company without your visa anyways.

Just hang in there. That's all. You'll get it soon. ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO WAIT... ;)

Raptorroz

Re: FINALLY some good news!!

Post by Raptorroz » Thu May 03, 2012 11:37 am

Congrats for the good news. so happy for you.. I will leave this country on 6/5, all booked and good to go :D finally.
About your documents, you should expect them within this week as well, after all, the hard part of waiting is over. :)
beeth_ven wrote:Thanks moirareggie for offering your help! I think my desperation finally made its point with the UKBA and DX couriers and I FINALLY have some good news to share! :) So guys, I received my BRP yesterday evening around 6pm (sorry for the late update) and now waiting anxiously for my documents...keeping fingers crossed!

My timeline:

BRP received: May 2nd (was supposed to be delivered on April 30th but delivery man did not come and kept me waiting the whole day!!)

So you see guys, it took almost HUNDRED days for my BRP to arrive !! This kind of delay seriously kills you! :x But thanks to my fellow forum contributors, I received a lot of support and guidance. So now keeping fingers crossed for my documents and I hope everyone's wait comes to an end soon :)

nnanku

Re: FINALLY some good news!!

Post by nnanku » Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 am

Raptorroz wrote:Congrats for the good news. so happy for you.. I will leave this country on 6/5, all booked and good to go :D finally.
About your documents, you should expect them within this week as well, after all, the hard part of waiting is over. :)
beeth_ven wrote:Thanks moirareggie for offering your help! I think my desperation finally made its point with the UKBA and DX couriers and I FINALLY have some good news to share! :) So guys, I received my BRP yesterday evening around 6pm (sorry for the late update) and now waiting anxiously for my documents...keeping fingers crossed!

My timeline:

All documents in now, ready to go.. :D :) :lol:

daisydee456
Newly Registered

Post by daisydee456 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:07 pm

Need to be in my home country on the 11th. Now I don't know whether I'll make it. So so frustrating :( :( :(

Neighbour
Newly Registered

Post by Neighbour » Thu May 03, 2012 12:43 pm

momo0830 wrote:
dreamfriend wrote:UKBA received my PSW application 51 days ago, yet they haven't invite for biometric. every day looking for postman.... I knew it will take ages because PSW is closing but I tried to get appointment to apply by person but didn't get. :(
Hi,
I think 51 is not a long time, please compare with someone, who submited in last year.
@dreamfriend, that is a longtime to wait for biometric invitation, the same happened to me I called them and they sent it, sometimes the letter gets lost in the post or the send to wrong address. Call them on 0870 606 7766 select option 4 and select the option for biometric enrolment I think is option 1 or so not sure, for further info check the forum with the heading biometric invitation not received this particular forum is for processing times. Hope this helps!!

redpepper140
Newly Registered

PSW waiting time after biometric

Post by redpepper140 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:06 pm

Hi,
Application made on 15.03.12.
Biometric enrolled on 16.04.12.
Can anyone suggest waiting time after biometric?

eternities
Newly Registered

Re: PSW waiting time after biometric

Post by eternities » Thu May 03, 2012 1:21 pm

redpepper140 wrote:Hi,
2 months, give or take

overload
Newly Registered

Post by overload » Thu May 03, 2012 1:33 pm

hi everyone

I had my biometric enrolled on 19.03.12. (clapham)

Nothing came back yet, but in just a few weeks I will need to move out of this flat, so I'm really hoping to get my documents before that.
That is actually why I'm really nervous not to miss a delivery guy. We dont have any bells, or anything, at our entrance door to the building, so delivery sometimes just knocks and if no one hears it, they just leave. So I keep staring at the window pretty much all the time, cause I don't wanna miss him.

Is there any way I can get to know when exactly will they arrive?

Thanks a lots for any suggestions in advance

all best

daisydee456
Newly Registered

Post by daisydee456 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Hey, I also did my biometrics on the 19th and some others on this forum did too. From what I gather, no one has gotten any docs or brp back yet. I guess we have to keep on waiting and playing the "wait for the postman" game. It sucks but what can we do?
overload wrote:hi everyone

Nothing came back yet, but in just a few weeks I will need to move out of this flat, so I'm really hoping to get my documents before that.
That is actually why I'm really nervous not to miss a delivery guy. We dont have any bells, or anything, at our entrance door to the building, so delivery sometimes just knocks and if no one hears it, they just leave. So I keep staring at the window pretty much all the time, cause I don't wanna miss him.

all best
:x

overload
Newly Registered

Post by overload » Thu May 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Yeah, i guess that's all we can do.

I just really hate them all there at UKBA with passion
daisydee456 wrote:Hey, I also did my biometrics on the 19th and some others on this forum did too. From what I gather, no one has gotten any docs or brp back yet. I guess we have to keep on waiting and playing the "wait for the postman" game. It sucks but what can we do?

all best

daisydee456
Newly Registered

Post by daisydee456 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 pm

I've been waking up everday for the past 3 weeks or so waiting for the doorbell to ring. I'm supposed to be somewhere sunny and instead I'm stuck here.
overload wrote:Yeah, i guess that's all we can do.

daisydee456 wrote:Hey, I also did my biometrics on the 19th and some others on this forum did too. From what I gather, no one has gotten any docs or brp back yet. I guess we have to keep on waiting and playing the "wait for the postman" game. It sucks but what can we do?

all best

rabh

Post by rabh » Thu May 03, 2012 2:03 pm

all best
Here I am pretty much in same position! Looking at the last week's updates in this forum I am expecting any day from here hopefully. So you can also expects the same.

All the best!

overload
Newly Registered

Post by overload » Thu May 03, 2012 2:06 pm

I'm exactly in the same situation, except I was stupid enough to believe that I will be able to be somewhere sunny on the Easter holidays already:)

I hate this constant waiting mode.
But what can we do.. just keep waiting really.
daisydee456 wrote:I've been waking up everday for the past 3 weeks or so waiting for the doorbell to ring. I'm supposed to be somewhere sunny and instead I'm stuck here.
overload wrote:Yeah, i guess that's all we can do.

all best

Be+
Newly Registered

Post by Be+ » Thu May 03, 2012 3:24 pm

Be+ wrote:
hello everyone,

Even I am in the same situation. My timeline is as follows:
Application submitted: 1st March 2012
Acknowledgement letter: 7th March 2012
Biometrics taken: 5th April 2012
Documents: waiting
BRP: waiting

has anyone submitted their application around this time? Also, I was wondering, is there anyone whose visa has been refused after Biometircs? just curious!

hello mate, I did my biometric as well on 04th of April 2012 at Cardif PEO. The barcode letter I received for biometric was not readable at the post office, called UKBA and asked me to book an appointment Otherwise I'd have given my biometrics in 30th of March.. Anyway no news yet.. hang on and please post me if you get anything.. cheers

Hello Saminda, I shall let you know about my progress. It would be great if you could keep in touch as well. Goodluck!

dreamfriend

Re: PSW waiting time after biometric

Post by dreamfriend » Thu May 03, 2012 3:44 pm

redpepper140 wrote:Hi,
Did they receive ur Application on 15.03.12 ? and When did u receive ur Biometric Invitation ? please can u post your complete time line.coz they received mine on 13.03.12 but still waiting for biometric invitation. thanks