ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW visa refused from pakistan

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moh-pak
Newly Registered

PSW visa refused from pakistan

Post by moh-pak » Wed May 02, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi every one,
Please help me to sort out my problem. I applied PSW visa from karachi, Pakisatn, but it was refused on 15/April/2012 in Abu Dhabi. ECO didnot give me 20 points in qualification. Acually I did post graduate diplima from southampton university after I did MSc (top up) from Bradford university. This MSc is supplementary program. But ECO gave me this reason"
The PGD your have submitted is southampton university the letter from your college states that your awarding body is the university of Bradford. [/i]

Only ECO gave this reason for refused. I think visa office confused in PGD and Master degree (top up). Please let me know its worth to apply for administrative review. This is look like ECO compeletly ignore that my master degree awarding body is different from my PGD diploma awarding body.
I am planing to apply for administrative review soon please let me know all your comments to help me to make good case.

Please reply .

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 02, 2012 5:04 pm

It does look like an oversight if you are using the MSc from Bradford, so requesting an AR would be appropriate.

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Wed May 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It does look like an oversight if you are using the MSc from Bradford, so requesting an AR would be appropriate.

Thanks for your reply. Means I am on right side. ECO clearly made mistake to mix my PGD and Msc degree awading body. Please if you can help me to write good sentence for administrative review. I will be very thankfull to you.
Please let me know how this administrative review will take from Abu Dhabi for PSW.

Please reply.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 02, 2012 5:23 pm

Are you able to post the precise wording of the refusal statement? Was any mention made to the MSc?. What is the MSc course subject?

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Wed May 02, 2012 6:09 pm

Lucapooka wrote:Are you able to post the precise wording of the refusal statement? Was any mention made to the MSc?. What is the MSc course subject?

Thanks for your reply. Here is the precise wording

Reason for refusal shown in the refusal letter:
ECO Comment:
"you claimed 20 points for your Master of Science from Ethames Graduate School (awarding body University of Bradford). According to the published guidance the qualification that can be accepted are:
a) A UK recognized bachelor or postgraduate degree or
b) A UK postgraduate certificate or Diploma or
c) A Higher National Diploma (HND) from a Scottish institution because:
You need to submit you original Certificate of award which shows:
Your Name
The Title of qualification
Name of the awarding body
If this certificate yet to be issued, the guidance states that an original letter must be provided. This letter must be on the official headed paper of the United Kingdom institution at which you studied, have been issued by an authorized official and must confirm:
• Your name
• Title of Qualification
• Date of Award
• The body awarding the qualification
• Explain the reason why the applicant is unable to provide their orginal certificate of award
• Confirm that the certificate will be issued.

The postgraduate Diploma you have submitted is from the University of Southampton the letter from Ethames Graduate School states that your awarding body is the University of Bradford. "

These are coments from Visa officer. I did MSc in health and social care(top up) from Ethames Graduate school (higly trusted college), my awarding body was Bradford university. This course is supplimentary course. Start date from Oct 2011 to March 2012. I submitted original letter from my college with written all requirment above mention by visa officer. My degree will come after 4 to 6 week. its wriiten on the letter as well.
Before this I did PGD in leadership and management from Southampton university, Start date oct 2009 to 30 jan 2012. My student visa was expire in 30 jan 2012. MSc need 180 credit , my 120 credit from southampton university and 60 credit from bradford university. Total is 180 credit. I fulfill my MSc requirments according to Uk immigration law but visa officer didnot understand. Please let me know what you think about this. Please reply.
Thanks

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 pm

I think you can only claim points for 1 qualification, why did you use both? The convention is to show both your certificate and university letter but for 1 qualification and from 1 university. That's what I understand from the guidance, good luck with your AR

moh-pak wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:Are you able to post the precise wording of the refusal statement? Was any mention made to the MSc?. What is the MSc course subject?

ECO Comment:
"you claimed 20 points for your Master of Science from Ethames Graduate School (awarding body University of Bradford). According to the published guidance the qualification that can be accepted are:
Your Name
If this certificate yet to be issued, the guidance states that an original letter must be provided. This letter must be on the official headed paper of the United Kingdom institution at which you studied, have been issued by an authorized official and must confirm:
• Your name
• Title of Qualification
• Date of Award
• Explain the reason why the applicant is unable to provide their orginal certificate of award

The postgraduate Diploma you have submitted is from the University of Southampton the letter from Ethames Graduate School states that your awarding body is the University of Bradford. "

These are coments from Visa officer. I did MSc in health and social care(top up) from Ethames Graduate school (higly trusted college), my awarding body was Bradford university. This course is supplimentary course. Start date from Oct 2011 to March 2012. I submitted original letter from my college with written all requirment above mention by visa officer. My degree will come after 4 to 6 week. its wriiten on the letter as well.
Before this I did PGD in leadership and management from Southampton university, Start date oct 2009 to 30 jan 2012. My student visa was expire in 30 jan 2012. MSc need 180 credit , my 120 credit from southampton university and 60 credit from bradford university. Total is 180 credit. I fulfill my MSc requirments according to Uk immigration law but visa officer didnot understand. Please let me know what you think about this. Please reply.
Thanks
Nefertiiti

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Wed May 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Thanks for your reply. I used only one qualification is MSc from bradford in the application form. But I attached PGD certificate with the application to show them my immigration histary.
Please let me know if I refused in AR review, what r the other options to appeal or complain about this matter to UKba. Please reply.

Nefertiiti wrote:I think you can only claim points for 1 qualification, why did you use both? The convention is to show both your certificate and university letter but for 1 qualification and from 1 university. That's what I understand from the guidance, good luck with your AR

moh-pak wrote:

ECO Comment:
Your Name
• Your name
• Title of Qualification
• Date of Award

Thanks

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Wed May 02, 2012 7:10 pm

I honestly don't know, but you can explain that in your AR. I think you're supposed to use your passport and visa or BRP to show immigration history. Just try and explain as best you can, using their policy guidance as your defence.
moh-pak wrote:Thanks for your reply. I used only one qualification is MSc from bradford in the application form. But I attached PGD certificate with the application to show them my immigration histary.
Please let me know if I refused in AR review, what r the other options to appeal or complain about this matter to UKba. Please reply.

Nefertiiti wrote:I think you can only claim points for 1 qualification, why did you use both? The convention is to show both your certificate and university letter but for 1 qualification and from 1 university. That's what I understand from the guidance, good luck with your AR

moh-pak wrote:

ECO Comment:
Your Name
• Your name
• Title of Qualification
• Date of Award

Thanks
Nefertiiti

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 02, 2012 7:34 pm

Nefertiiti: please stop quoting all of the previous comments in own replies as it only serves to confuse the general understanding of the thread.

Moh-pak. Can you say what date you applied for PSW and what date the MSc was awarded? It appears to me that this degree was awarded after you applied.
moh-pak wrote: My degree will come after 4 to 6 week. its wriiten on the letter as well.

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Wed May 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Thanks for reply. I applied on 4 April 2012. My Msc degree was awarded on 22 march 2012. I donot think this will be problem. Please reply.
Lucapooka wrote:Nefertiiti: please stop quoting all of the previous comments in own replies as it only serves to confuse the general understanding of the thread.

Moh-pak. Can you what date you applied and what date the MSc was awarded? It appears that this degree was awarded after you applied.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 02, 2012 7:48 pm

Did you provide a letter from Bradford stating the date of the award or did you provide the original certificate? The refusal statement seems to question that the letter was an original but I can't determine which qualification that is referring to.

If it's the former, what does the letter from Bradford say?

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Wed May 02, 2012 8:09 pm

I submitted these letter
1) Original letter from my institute Ethames graduate school with Bradford awarding body and mention all thing according to Uk PSW policy.
2 ) Original letter from Bradford university confirm my marks in MSc.
3) Original letter from Bradford university to confirm my awarding date is 22 march 2012.
4) Original PGD certificate from Southampton university

Thanks
Lucapooka wrote:Did you provide a letter from Bradford stating the date of the award or did you provide the original certificate? The refusal statement seems to question that the letter was an original but I can't determine which qualification that is referring to.

If it's the former, what does the letter from Bradford say?

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Wed May 02, 2012 9:36 pm

Letter from Ethames Graduate School it is official headed attached in which it is clearly mentioned:
My Name, Title of Qualification (MSc Health and social care), date of award 22 March 2012, Awarding body (Bradford university) and also it has mentioned that my original degree certificate will be issued in 4-6 weeks after the results.
Further to support these information I have been issued official headed letter from the awarding body Bradford University in which it is clearly mentioned that:
My name, Title of Qualification (MSc Health and social care), date of exam and date of results and my results and also mentioned that I have successfully completed and entitled for the award of Master of Science Degree.
Please reply if you need more explanation.Thanks.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Wed May 02, 2012 9:43 pm

I think your mistake was including the pg diploma certificate, I guess you did that because your top up MSc wasn't up to a full 12 months? I'm also guessing that your letter from bradford has the start date and end date of your course, which is also a requirement. Well you've submitted your review and I hope they are fair because you have the qualifications. Is there anything else you think you can do?
Nefertiiti

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 pm

Thanks for your reply Nefertiti. Thats the same thing I am going to explain in my AR review. What you think how many % chance I have to win this AR review. Please reply. This question very important for me. Please reply.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Wed May 02, 2012 10:01 pm

My dear, I honestly wish I could give you the reassurance you seek, but all I can do is offer words of comfort. Try your utmost best to state your case as clearly as possible in your AR. If you had the benefit of an appeal then maybe a solicitor may have helped you. As it stands just try to convince them that your MSc qualifies for 20 points. I think it would be a good idea to use the policy guidance as justification for why you should receive the maximum points based on the supporting documents you submitted.
I hope some of the senior members of this forum also give you their opinion before you submit.

Good luck.
Nefertiiti

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 am

Thanks for reply. I will for other members to reply in this case. Please reply.

moh-pak
Newly Registered

Post by moh-pak » Thu May 03, 2012 1:16 pm

Hi Lucapooka,
Please reply me in this case. Please reply when you get time. I like to hear your comments.