ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO WP+T1 Croydon 2nd of May 2012 - Success

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

legalalien
United Kingdom

PEO WP+T1 Croydon 2nd of May 2012 - Success

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 11:27 am

Ok whiilst the caseworker is checking my LIUK test I thought I should update my progress so far. Appointment at 8am allowed in 7:30 and by 8:20 i had gone through initial checks, payed and had. My biometrics taken....then waited in the second floor for just under 2hours...i got anxious so asked the person at desk 44 whcih is specific for ad hoc enquiries...the guy took my ticket and 5mins later i was called to the desk...I am writting this while the caseworker is calculating my points...there are a few issues to point out but will do so later. I am less stressed now, still no outcome but case worker is asking for a document at a time...exciting stuff[/quote]
Last edited by legalalien on Tue May 07, 2013 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

krthk.s

Re: PEO SET O Croydon 2n of May

Post by krthk.s » Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 am

legalalien wrote:Ok whiilst the caseworker is checking my LIUK test I thought I should update my progress so far. Appointment at 8am allowed in 7:30 and by 8:20 i had gone through initial checks, payed and had. My biometrics taken....then waited in the second floor for just under 2hours...i got anxious so asked the person at desk 44 whcih is specific for ad hoc enquiries...the guy took my ticket and 5mins later i was called to the desk...I am writting this while the caseworker is calculating my points...there are a few issues to point out but will do so later. I am less stressed now, still no outcome but case worker is asking for a document at a time...exciting stuff
[/quote]

Good luck legalalien. Hope everything turns out well.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 11:51 am

ILR granted...caseworker dealt with case there and then...full details later on

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 pm

legalalien wrote:ILR granted...caseworker dealt with case there and then...full details later on
hehehhehe I think you are the first person to update the thread right in front of case worker :P

CONGRATULATION mate....

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Wed May 02, 2012 1:01 pm

[quote="legalalien"]ILR granted...caseworker dealt with case there and then...full details later on[/quote]

Legendary !!! Live Updates straight from the den!!!!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 02, 2012 1:36 pm

Congrats legalalien !

naeed

Post by naeed » Wed May 02, 2012 2:23 pm

legalalien

Many many congratulations on ur ILR.

please do post ur experiences when u r free.

Thank u.

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed May 02, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congrats mate on getting your ILR and I must say u r legend to update the forum from inside the PEO. Thats a record I think.

Please do kindly share your experience in details I would love to read about it.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 4:34 pm

SETO WP + T1
WP 28th of May 2007
T1 26th of July 2010 - based on old 75 points requirements.
5 years on the 27th of May 2012
Application via PEO Croydon on the 2nd of May 2012

First of all, a special thank you to selva, smam, linkers,jacck seth, to name of a few of the brilliant people in this forum who really made my experience at the PEO a lot easier, go bless you all. I thought the live updates would help me calm down and will provide my forum friends some insight to life at the den :)

As stated appointment was 8am, but they opened the doors at 7:30, there must have been about 8 of us for Visas and I was third in the queue.

Passed the airport style security checks, they allowed me to bring food in, though I had bad stomach so never ate anything.

First desk is a checking desk, they looked at the first two or three pages of the application, asked the guy if he needed a photocopy to which he replied "I am not dealing with the case I am just checking for validity". I could hear the guy next door was asked to bring specifically all p60s or employment letters as he was a wp for three different companies...so note to all wp holders make sure you get all your p60s/p45s and previous employer letters with you.

Somewhat, I ended up with number 1 ticket!! did not complain, next up is the payment at the first floor. I was informed straight away that they will call the bank as Natwest have a security measure for any transaction above £1000. Lucikly I remembered my security password and transaction was completed successfully.

Next step is another checking desk at the first floor, time now is 7:50am, I was called in at 8:00am, asked for passport, application and photos, entered a few things on the PC then asked me to go the biometrics room which is at the end of the hallway. I was called in straight away, made to sign a declaration about deception and state any previous fingerprints given as part of an application. I have then given my fingerprints and they took a photo. The guy told me to go to the 2nd floor and I will be called once the biometrics checks were completed.

From around 8:20am I waited in the 2nd floor, I was surprised that none of the guys who were with me at the beginning are here in the second floor!
As the wait was getting longer, I got a bit agitated that they must have sent me to the wrong floor. I noticed a guy who is number 6 was called around 9am, his case must have taken 30mins to conclude...happy days for him and his wife. The numbers kept increasing yet number one (mine) was not called, they must have reached number 70 (not in any specific order). There were a lot of EU/non biometric applicants and I gathered their cases are much quicker than SET O.

By 10am, I was really anxious, having stomach cramps which is not related to the application anxiety. So I went to the security lady and asked her whether I should be here or first floor. She directed me to desk 44 in the 2nd floor, which is an empty desk with a bell, noticed a couple were there in-front of me discussing appointment issues with the guy behind window 44. So I asked the guy about my number and he told me to sit down and he will check for me. He seemed to have ignored me at this stage.

10:10 the security lady was walking towards the staff room, she asked me if I have heard anything and took my ticket, five minutes later she came back and told me the manager is dealing with it (same guy behind 44) he kept my ticket and she apologised for the delays. I thought she was so sweat and helpful. I was called to the desk at around 10:20 (with the guy from 44 standing behind the caseworker with his thumbs up).

A friendly caseworker welcomed me and apologised for the delays, did not tell me why it took them so long to call me. He asked for application, then asked me to sit down and requested each evidence specifically one at a time.

For points calculation, he mentioned that I was given t1 based on 75points but started checking the system as he stated my T1 visa was issued on the 26th of July, so should be 80points. I did not know what he meant, did not argue with him but mentioned that my application was placed on the 10th of July hence 75 points were required at the time (and my ILR should be based on this) He asked about my salary then said it doesnt matter as you would score over 80 points anyways.

Overall the documents provided at the request of the caseworker were:
1- 12months Payslips
2- Bank statement to cover the period April 11 to March 12
3- LIUK test, i got 23/24... I joked about the question about the FA cup
4- Employer letter - I think it is for the wp period, been with same employer. Note that my job title is different from my WP letter and I am paid 100% more that WP salary. But it is within same SOC. And the caseworker never questioned it and did not even ask for WP letter.
5- I volunteered the p60s, he checked the employer name vs payslips and employer letter.
6- Caseworker never asked for statement to cover march to april 2012 for the purpose of section 5. I had a branch print out which I have provided anyway, the caseworker didn't look like he cared about those.
7- I reminded him about police registration, he took it, walked away to check something.

It seems like the main part of the application is checking the points, he went through each month and calculated the points - I could see he scored me 85.
At this point, he asked for photocopies of all documents, collated them together and said the magic words, I am happy to approve your ILR, you no longer need to register with the police. He gave me a letter, showed me the format of the BRP and returned all original documents. Note that he took about 30mins to process my application.

So there you have it, my experience confirms:
1- You can apply via PEO 28days prior to your 5 years contrary to this worrying response http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101788
2- Change in jobs during WP (without applying for a fresh wp) did not affect the outcome of my application- perhaps they follow same rule as per Tier 2 - change is not needed if switched within same SOC code and salary does not decrease.
3- For tier 1, the 12months payslips and bankstatement are adequate to cover for section 5 your finances. But dont take your chances, try to provide up to the month before your application - Branch printouts are acceptable without stamps/signature as long as in letterheaded paper.

Any questions, I am here all day

Thanks again

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed May 02, 2012 5:53 pm

Hi legalalien

You're not going to believe that how much happy I am for your great success and getting your ILR lots and lots of heartiest congratulations to you mate honestly. Thanks God a Million that so called stupid IT issues were not a problem for you Thanks God.

As we've already discussed that these changes in the WP jobs doesn't really applicable to us any ways that's all gone now.

I must say that you must have got bags of confindence in your self that you're updating us on the forum with your live feeds and literary the whole day at work I was trying to follow your posts as if I am there my self at the PEO :D .

Well I still have got 3 to 4 months to go for my self to go for my day of judegement but I've fullly made up mind not to go to Croydon I would love to go to Solihull well lets see how it goes when the times come nearer.

Thanks a lot for sharing your very detailed experience on the forum mate.

Wishing you very best of luck for your future and I hope that you'll keep inputting your experience and advices to the other forum members who need help in this regard most importantly it'll be my self for the coming 3 to 4 months.

panda143
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by panda143 » Wed May 02, 2012 6:02 pm

legalalien wrote:SETO WP + T1
WP 28th of May 2007
T1 26th of July 2010 - based on old 75 points requirements.
5 years on the 27th of May 2012
Application via PEO Croydon on the 2nd of May 2012

First of all, a special thank you to selva, smam, linkers,jacck seth, to name of a few of the brilliant people in this forum who really made my experience at the PEO a lot easier, go bless you all. I thought the live updates would help me calm down and will provide my forum friends some insight to life at the den :)

As stated appointment was 8am, but they opened the doors at 7:30, there must have been about 8 of us for Visas and I was third in the queue.

Passed the airport style security checks, they allowed me to bring food in, though I had bad stomach so never ate anything.

First desk is a checking desk, they looked at the first two or three pages of the application, asked the guy if he needed a photocopy to which he replied "I am not dealing with the case I am just checking for validity". I could hear the guy next door was asked to bring specifically all p60s or employment letters as he was a wp for three different companies...so note to all wp holders make sure you get all your p60s/p45s and previous employer letters with you.

Somewhat, I ended up with number 1 ticket!! did not complain, next up is the payment at the first floor. I was informed straight away that they will call the bank as Natwest have a security measure for any transaction above £1000. Lucikly I remembered my security password and transaction was completed successfully.

Next step is another checking desk at the first floor, time now is 7:50am, I was called in at 8:00am, asked for passport, application and photos, entered a few things on the PC then asked me to go the biometrics room which is at the end of the hallway. I was called in straight away, made to sign a declaration about deception and state any previous fingerprints given as part of an application. I have then given my fingerprints and they took a photo. The guy told me to go to the 2nd floor and I will be called once the biometrics checks were completed.

From around 8:20am I waited in the 2nd floor, I was surprised that none of the guys who were with me at the beginning are here in the second floor!
As the wait was getting longer, I got a bit agitated that they must have sent me to the wrong floor. I noticed a guy who is number 6 was called around 9am, his case must have taken 30mins to conclude...happy days for him and his wife. The numbers kept increasing yet number one (mine) was not called, they must have reached number 70 (not in any specific order). There were a lot of EU/non biometric applicants and I gathered their cases are much quicker than SET O.

By 10am, I was really anxious, having stomach cramps which is not related to the application anxiety. So I went to the security lady and asked her whether I should be here or first floor. She directed me to desk 44 in the 2nd floor, which is an empty desk with a bell, noticed a couple were there in-front of me discussing appointment issues with the guy behind window 44. So I asked the guy about my number and he told me to sit down and he will check for me. He seemed to have ignored me at this stage.

10:10 the security lady was walking towards the staff room, she asked me if I have heard anything and took my ticket, five minutes later she came back and told me the manager is dealing with it (same guy behind 44) he kept my ticket and she apologised for the delays. I thought she was so sweat and helpful. I was called to the desk at around 10:20 (with the guy from 44 standing behind the caseworker with his thumbs up).

A friendly caseworker welcomed me and apologised for the delays, did not tell me why it took them so long to call me. He asked for application, then asked me to sit down and requested each evidence specifically one at a time.

For points calculation, he mentioned that I was given t1 based on 75points but started checking the system as he stated my T1 visa was issued on the 26th of July, so should be 80points. I did not know what he meant, did not argue with him but mentioned that my application was placed on the 10th of July hence 75 points were required at the time (and my ILR should be based on this) He asked about my salary then said it doesnt matter as you would score over 80 points anyways.

Overall the documents provided at the request of the caseworker were:
1- 12months Payslips
2- Bank statement to cover the period April 11 to March 12
3- LIUK test, i got 23/24... I joked about the question about the FA cup
4- Employer letter - I think it is for the wp period, been with same employer. Note that my job title is different from my WP letter and I am paid 100% more that WP salary. But it is within same SOC. And the caseworker never questioned it and did not even ask for WP letter.
5- I volunteered the p60s, he checked the employer name vs payslips and employer letter.
6- Caseworker never asked for statement to cover march to april 2012 for the purpose of section 5. I had a branch print out which I have provided anyway, the caseworker didn't look like he cared about those.
7- I reminded him about police registration, he took it, walked away to check something.

It seems like the main part of the application is checking the points, he went through each month and calculated the points - I could see he scored me 85.
At this point, he asked for photocopies of all documents, collated them together and said the magic words, I am happy to approve your ILR, you no longer need to register with the police. He gave me a letter, showed me the format of the BRP and returned all original documents. Note that he took about 30mins to process my application.

So there you have it, my experience confirms:
1- You can apply via PEO 28days prior to your 5 years contrary to this worrying response http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=101788
2- Change in jobs during WP (without applying for a fresh wp) did not affect the outcome of my application- perhaps they follow same rule as per Tier 2 - change is not needed if switched within same SOC code and salary does not decrease.
3- For tier 1, the 12months payslips and bankstatement are adequate to cover for section 5 your finances. But dont take your chances, try to provide up to the month before your application - Branch printouts are acceptable without stamps/signature as long as in letterheaded paper.

Any questions, I am here all day

Thanks again
Congratulations!!!

If you had BRP card earlier, do they keep old BRP card?

Please inform, Many thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 6:05 pm

thanks smam, really appreciated your help with wp changes etc.
I was literally feeling sick at the PEO but felt that updating this forum somewhat gave me some comfort.

Ofcourse I will keep an eye on this community to share my experience and help whenever possible. I will be looking out for your case, you sound like you are on top of things and with your straight forward application I agree with your choice of Solihull over Croydon. All the best

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 6:35 pm

Hi Panda,
I dont know to be honest as I never had a BRP...I presume they would keep the old one as it would be no longer valid once they grant ILR

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 02, 2012 9:19 pm

Glad it went smoothly & congrat's! Thanks for sharing such a detailed version of your experience; this will be useful to all and specially those who'll be applying with a WP+T1. I'll be in the same boat as you in around 8-9 months time, so appreciate your comments.

dsoso

salary codes-soc for work permit

Post by dsoso » Thu May 03, 2012 7:15 am

hi all, i appreciate all your postings on this forum and thus will like a bit of clarification on this salary code issue.
Firstly i am on work permit visa and prior to my knowledge of the soc thingy by ukba,i earned a salary just below the minimum for my job as listed in d ukba soc.with this,i advised my employer of the danger ahead and they agreed to increase it to just the minimum.
Thus, am i ok to say that this minimum is ok to apply for my ilr next month?
2.with regard to salary breakdown by my HR,can someone please explain or provide a sample of how it should be done because im sure my HR has not done this before.
Many thanks

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu May 03, 2012 8:28 am

Thanks cs..good luck with your app

Dsoso, you should be ok with salary as long as it matches the minimum as per your soc , for employer letter use this template http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=76413

Make sure that your payslip reflects the new salary, so if applying next month at least your may payslip should reflect the increased salary.

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Thu May 03, 2012 11:06 am

legalalien,
many thanks for prompt response.
Cheers,dsoso

dsoso

re-salary breakdown

Post by dsoso » Thu May 03, 2012 11:13 am

one more thing legalalien,
does this mean there really no need to ask HR to break salary down to hours per week/day as i have seen in some posting here please?

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu May 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Which soc code are you under...they need to express salary in same manager as soc, so for me for example it is stated annual salary and number of weekly hours...e.g. 30k annually based on 37.5hrs per week

sofyb
Newly Registered

Post by sofyb » Thu May 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Hi there,

Congratulations on your success.

I have my appointment on 22nd May at 9:30 at Croydon. I am currently self employed and very worried and nervous about this whole thing.

I would like to ask you about
" I reminded him abou police registration, he took it, walked away to check something. "

What is it ? I havent heard about it ? Do we need to do it ? Please suggest.

Regards,
Sofy

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Thanks Sofyb, I know the build up to PEO appointment could daunting, but as long as you are well prepared it will be ok.

You probably havent heard of police registration certificate because you dont need one. Only nationals from specific list of countries herehttp://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... appendix2/ require a certificate.
And normally your visa would state to register with police...so dont worry.

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Thu May 03, 2012 6:36 pm

legalalien,thanks as this clarifies it.im on civil engineer soc working 37.5hrs so will get them to state salary, job title and this weekly hrs right?

ajs

Post by ajs » Thu May 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Congratulations legalalien. I had my appt in Croydon on 2nd but was afternoon appt at 1.40pm.

I had a long wait and just before 5pm the lady on counter 44 called my ticket, asked to submit all my docs, made a note of the docs on a template paper and said caseworker will be looking into my appl and would call me. Then I can either collect the docs or they would post it. Only when I had asked the reason as why my appl will not be checked today she told biometrics results have not come yet. When asked for an eta she was not sure.

And today the IT problem. I wonder when I will hear from them. Apart from the premium fees comes the anxiety with it.

Did anyone else have a similar situation on 2nd may? Hope to hear some experinces

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Fri May 04, 2012 12:03 am

hi dsos, yes thats right, they should state annual salary and stated weekly hours. Note for civil engineers the stated salaries are based on 40hrs [Source: The Institution of Civil Engineers Salary Survey, based on a 40-hour week] - I think the caseworker will pro-rate yours as it is based on 37.5hrs...dont panic as it is an advantage.

E.g. if your job matches (2121 Participate in project work £23,000 - based on 40hrs in SOC- see soc document link below ) and you are earning 23,000 but based on 37.5hrs then your pro rata salary equivalent for 40hrs is 23000*40/37.5 = £24533.
Dont worry too much about details, just get your employer to state annual salary and weekly hours and leave the rest to the caseworker.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Fri May 04, 2012 12:10 am

Hi Ajs
I am sorry to hear about your experience, at least they took the documents off you, people applying on the 3rd had the worst IT issues experience thus far as the system totally collapsed, they were told to rebook.

I was lucky as I was the first one in, still took two hours for biometrics results so I can imagine with the number of people attending a small backlog could result in such huge delays for everyone.

Those who experienced IT issues back at the end of March started to hear from caseworkers after about a week....so I really hope you will hear from them soon. Keep us posted