ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Granted @ CROYDON - 01 MAY 2012

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

niteshj

Post by niteshj » Thu May 03, 2012 2:42 am

congratulations!
very detailed organisation - I will definitely refer to it in the future when I apply

dsoso

Post by dsoso » Thu May 03, 2012 6:27 am

dear avatar just as everyone else has said, thanks a lot for this first time comprehensive experience of yours with ilr @ peo.this forum offers you more value for money than any solicitor i must say!
I still have a few questions if you would oblige me please.
1. I have tried booking an appointment time for early july but the earliest i am getting is for june 13th , could this be because i can only book so far in advance?40days?
2. I see you listed applying for a dependant,was this your wife or son?if son was this why you took his birth cert?where you asked for it on getting there?if for wife,where you asked for your marriage cert?and did it not matter that your wife was not present even though you were applying for her?
3.although you have provided a detailed list of cohab docs you used,can you please advise me if you sorted them according to each quarter of the 2 years or if you simply provided them randomly covering these years?
I look forward to your response,thanks a lot and Godbless
Dsoso

northstar101
Newly Registered

Child not on appointment list

Post by northstar101 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:14 am

Hi

I have an appointment for ILR next week at PEO Croydon for self and 3 dependents. My youngest daughter was born here (seven month old) and I'm not applying for her at this time. Question is that can she be taken along when her name is not on Set O? We don't have family here to leave her behind.

northstar101
Newly Registered

Post by northstar101 » Thu May 03, 2012 7:17 am

apsaps wrote:I called up customer care minutes back and the lady was very polite and helpful : she replied : You can come to the appointment with your wife only , at any case you are removing the dependent which should be OK , had it been addition case than you may have required new appointment.

My personal opinion : Will take my son along but will apply for myself and wife only . ( will keep separate form which includes my son as well) who know they may say either apply all 3 at once or rebook , in that case I'll simply handover appliction form with son's details.

Rest my luck :)

Thanks again avatar and linkers !

APS
Hi apsap

Can u pls confirm what customer services number u rang up? I used the 0870 number and kept waiting for 10 min without a reply. Thank

avtarjain1980

dear dsoso

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:38 am

Dear dsoso,
Thanks. Please see answers in bold.
dsoso wrote:dear avatar just as everyone else has said, thanks a lot for this first time comprehensive experience of yours with ilr @ peo.this forum offers you more value for money than any solicitor i must say!
I still have a few questions if you would oblige me please.
1. I have tried booking an appointment time for early july but the earliest i am getting is for june 13th , could this be because i can only book so far in advance?40days?

that's true _ new bookings slots only appear at 42nd day in advance. You can not see any appointment ahead of 42. Please calculate ur self

2. I see you listed applying for a dependant,was this your wife or son?if son was this why you took his birth cert?where you asked for it on getting there?if for wife,where you asked for your marriage cert?and did it not matter that your wife was not present even though you were applying for her?
birthcertificate of son was additional document for cohab proof with wife. I did not include son in application. Wife has to be at peo for biometrics. Marriage certificate was not asked but I believe it might be asked

3.although you have provided a detailed list of cohab docs you used,can you please advise me if you sorted them according to each quarter of the 2 years or if you simply provided them randomly covering these years?

I have sorted them in three years. 2012 2011 2010 and also in date order
I have tried to put atleast 2 docs for start and end of years. It was not neccessarily for each qtr

I look forward to your response,thanks a lot and Godbless
Dsoso
cheers
AVTAR

avtarjain1980

Re: Child not on appointment list

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu May 03, 2012 10:18 am

northstar101 wrote:Hi

I have an appointment for ILR next week at PEO Croydon for self and 3 dependents. My youngest daughter was born here (seven month old) and I'm not applying for her at this time. Question is that can she be taken along when her name is not on Set O? We don't have family here to leave her behind.
Dear NorthStar,

Definitely You can take your daughter with you even though she is not in application. I was having same doubt in mind but all went well. I wasn't having family too :(

There is same like railways booking system so no one will even care if you are with your daughter or with any other kid. As I explained in my story it was all easy go. You sit in front of 20 counter, One of them will announce your ticket and they just need your documents. As far as your documents are completed No one will even ask your name. Your wife has to be with you is she is on SET(O) because of Fingerprints, thats it.

Best Of Luck
cheers
AVTAR

dsoso

Re- inquiry about peo success

Post by dsoso » Thu May 03, 2012 11:03 am

avatar,many thanks indeed for your quick response.
Ciao,
dsoso

apsaps

Post by apsaps » Thu May 03, 2012 11:12 am

I originally complete 5 Yrs on 3rd June 2012 but as per 28 days rule I am ok to apply on /after 6th May , my PEO falls on 16th MAY

This should be ok ?

Good day ahead

APS

avtarjain1980

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:20 am

apsaps wrote:I originally complete 5 Yrs on 3rd June 2012 but as per 28 days rule I am ok to apply on /after 6th May , my PEO falls on 16th MAY

This should be ok ?

Good day ahead

APS
Yes Dear APS, 16th May is perfect becasue any date after 06thMay your are eligible for ILR.

Few Other Things::
1. I assume you are not calculating any Student / Vistior/ Business/ Tourist Visa Entry. All 5 years is either of WP/HSMP/T2/T1

2. If I am not wrong you are planning to go india soon - Please consider delays in Citizenship and OCI for your son/daughter.

Best Of Luck
cheers
AVTAR

avtarjain1980

BRP Card Arrived

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 am

Guys brilliant News,
UKBA is faster than expected.

01MAY @ 4PM my appointment at PEO was finished
03MAY @ 11AM Received BRP cards for ME and myWIFE at HOME
cheers
AVTAR

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 03, 2012 11:43 am

That was pretty quick avtarjain1980. Congratulations !
Last edited by linkers on Tue May 08, 2012 9:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Veetee
Newly Registered

congrats

Post by Veetee » Thu May 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Hi congratulations

I need a bit of advice from you, I have submitted my application on March 26th 2012 and received acknowledgement on 31st march 2012, still haven’t heard anything from UKBA.
Now I want to make urgent travel, would it be possible to contact UKBA and book an appointment at any PEO and progress the application further.
Please give me some guidance, thanks in advance

avtarjain1980

Sorry Veetee

Post by avtarjain1980 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:12 pm

Veetee wrote:Hi congratulations

I need a bit of advice from you, I have submitted my application on March 26th 2012 and received acknowledgement on 31st march 2012, still haven’t heard anything from UKBA.
Now I want to make urgent travel, would it be possible to contact UKBA and book an appointment at any PEO and progress the application further.
Please give me some guidance, thanks in advance
Thanks and Sorry to hear about UKBA delays.
I have never heard for anyone booking PEO after postal.
Please do more wide spread search on this Forum for similar cases and start a new thread with your quesion with title -
PEO followed by Postal Application -URGENT HELP REQD
I hope you will get your answers.

Best of Luck
cheers
AVTAR

Veetee
Newly Registered

Thanks

Post by Veetee » Thu May 03, 2012 2:11 pm

Avtar
Thank you very much,

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm

dear avtarjain
1st of all congratulations for having ILR for youself and your family.
thanks very much for providing valuable information, your experience a journey to achieve ILR U.K.
I have just gone through very quickly the info you provide and soon I am goung to go through it thoroughly to proceed and follow the same what you did.
Can you suggest from your experience ,how many days before I should start looking to book for my appointment in crodon peo for my ilr as my 5 yrs are completing on middle of july.

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:07 pm

deat avtarjain
can you pls suggest did you include your child in the ILR application form or not.
if not, is he born in U.K. thats why u did not include him in to the application.

when you booked your appt in croydon peo , do they take set(o)fee money from you while you were booking your appt online 40 days before or you paid the application fee when you arrive on peo on 1st may 2012.

is it possible you can pass me your number or email id to discuss few very important things from you personally? that will be gr8 help if you can?

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:09 pm

dear avtarjain
1st of all congrates for achieving ILR U.K.

can you pls suggest did you include your child in the ILR application form or not.
if not, is he born in U.K. thats why u did not include him in to the application.

when you booked your appt in croydon peo , do they take set(o)fee money from you while you were booking your appt online 40 days before or you paid the application fee when you arrive on peo on 1st may 2012.

is it possible you can pass me your number or email id to discuss few very important things from you personally? that will be gr8 help if you can?

virgo2012

Post by virgo2012 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:11 pm

deat avtarjain

suravakonda
Newly Registered

congrats :)

Post by suravakonda » Tue May 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Heartiest congratulations Avtar...you have set a benchmark on this forum...which will help tens of people in the near future... :)

A few questions:

>> 5. P60 - 4 years -
Why is 4 years P60 required? Did they really look into it?

>> 8. Tier1/Tier2/WP letters
Why is this required?

>> 9. Letter from Employer [Just to add some weight - was not necessary for Tier1]
I thought this was mandatory to be shown in conjunction with payslips if you didn't have P60.

>> 10. Degree Certificates [Masters and Bachelor]
I thought this wasn't required if your qualification is shown in PBS and / or if your previous Tier 1 application had this proof submitted?

>> 11. Absence Spreadsheet [Downloaded from sticky notes of this forum - thanks again]
Were any questions asked on this?

>> 14. Previous Employer - Few Communication Letters [Appraisal/Resignation/Joining]
Why is this required?

>> 15. New Employer - Few Communication Letters - [joining/Contract]
Is this really required?

>> 16. Tenancy Agreement - Latest + Old
Why is this required?

>> 17. Utility Bills [New Address + Old Address] - as Latest possible
Is this for co-habitation?

>> 18. DVLA Paper license
Why is this required?

>> 19. Bunch of Cohabitation documents consisting -
As per application, only last 2 years documents are enough. Did you submit for all 5 years?

--> My son goes to local school. Do you think I should submit a letter from school? And any other documents for my son other than Birth certificate?

Finally are you able to answer 2 questions for me which I posted here:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=