ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

which point based calculator to use?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

shishir30

which point based calculator to use?

Post by shishir30 » Wed May 02, 2012 4:05 pm

Hi,

I am applying for ILR in 2 weeks time and need to submit the self assessed points based calculation.

Looking at the calculator available at ukba website, there is no option for ILR... all options are for Tier 1/2/3 visas.

If I choose Tier 1 Migrant as an option (though I am applying for ILR after completing 5 years in UK), I fail the test because I have not maintained £800 in last three months. As I know maintenance of funds is NOT a requirement for ILR, how would I be able to pass the point based calculator test? I don't think it would be wise to lie about fund maintenance in the calculator when I need to submit the proof.

Please could you point me to the right direction (with a website link) for the point based calculator.

Thanks.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Shishir, can you confirm which route are you applying, why do you need the calculator, for example, I have applied using SET O and within it (section 9 for Tier 1) you tick the points you would like to claim and thats all. You can manually check that your total adds up to the required amount.

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Wed May 02, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi,

I am applying under 5 years completion rule and currently on Tier 1 Migrant visa.

Have you already applied for ILR without providing point based calculator printout and is your application successful?

If you look at Question A6 on page 18 of set(O) form, it says following: -

"A6. You should input your earnings into the Tier 1 (General) points based calculator and provide your
total earning claimed in the box below:"

Also in this forum, people have mentioned printout of Point Based calculation as a mandatory document.

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Wed May 02, 2012 6:45 pm

Hi Shishir, yes I have been granted ILR today WP+T1 and did not submit a point base calculation, I just completed the salary in A6 and ticked the corresponding points in A7 and I think that is what they mean by inputing the salary on the calculator.
I offered an excel break down of the monthly gross income but the Caseworker worked it out on his own using the payslips...I dont think a printout of Point Based Calculation is mandatory.

shishir30

Post by shishir30 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:14 pm

Thanks buddy for the clarification

legalalien
United Kingdom

Post by legalalien » Thu May 03, 2012 5:12 pm

good luck and keep us posted with your progress