ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR 10 yrs help

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

s_raj11

ILR 10 yrs help

Post by s_raj11 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:26 pm

Hello,

I am applying for ILR under 10yrs rule. I have couple of queries and need help and suggestions. your suggestions will enable me to prepare a strong covering letter.

In one instance i had my visa expiry on 31/12/2005. I posted for extension before expiry and the application was reurned to me on 30/01/2006 stating cheque was returned by the bank. I then sent the application on 04/02/2006 with a different cheque but the application was again sent back on 13/03/2006 stating void application. ( In my SAR report what was given is invalid application as it was lapsed.)

I again posted my application on 18/03/2006 and was granted Visa on 04/04/2006.

The doubt for me here is whether the above will be considered as a gap and if not considered as a gap what might be the reasons for the HO to say the application was invalid. I couldnt remember anything and i feel now a need to mention this in my covering letter.

Your help is much appreciated as it is worrying me a lot.

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 03, 2012 12:34 pm

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Thanks Vinny. But how about the second time it was returned saying invalid application. Even the fees was not taken and the whole application was sent back.

Do you feel this as a gap????

What is that i could provide in my covering letter to cover this issue.

Please your suggestion is very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 03, 2012 12:48 pm

Do read the link to see if it's applicable.

What category were you under then?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:52 pm

Hello vinny,

I was student then, sent FLRS form. I later checked and even version of application form which seemed to be right. Couldnt rememeber what was the reason for sending that back as an invalid application.

Does it cover under the rule as mentioned in the link before May 2007.

Please suggest me how to proceed now.

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 03, 2012 11:55 pm

Clearly, 2005/2006 are prior to 2007. Hence, 16(2) would be applicable.

Moreover,
vinny wrote:Note that between 1st August 2003 and 29 February 2008, they were supposed to request extra details and give you 28 days to respond before declaring an application as invalid.