ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

forms !!!

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

purplechoclate
Newly Registered

forms !!!

Post by purplechoclate » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:23 pm

Hi I am confused..... medical requests arrived today ( yippeee!!!) however they want also uptodate 'schedule 1' and ' IM008' forms for all family over 18. With the revised simplified forms there doesn't appear to be a schedule 1 ? or is it me ?

Also is the IM008 still for the principle applicant and am I included as a named member of the family detailed on the same form as before ?

Any advice much appreciated as I am trawling around the website looking for things I am not sure exist anymore.

Thank you !

FinPro
Newly Registered

Post by FinPro » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:03 pm

hi purple,

since u applied earlier, Simplified Procedure doesn't apply to you. You have to send the same forms what u had sent earlier.

Regards
FinPro

purplechoclate
Newly Registered

Forms

Post by purplechoclate » Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:26 pm

Hi Finpro

How do I find them though as they are no longer accessible on the website ? If they want 'updated' versions then there must be some means of accessing 'blanks' to complete ? still puzzled.

Would the copies that agents (we were using but are no longer) have be able to be re-submitted ?

purple choclate - Nice but dim right now !!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:03 pm

Purple chocolate:

Worry no more. This is a link to the root folder for CIC London. You would find all the forms you need. If you cannot find it, send me your email address with a list of all the forms and I will send them to you as an attachment.

http://www.canada.org.uk/visa-info/forms/skilled/

Have a nice day and hope this works.

Best wishes :lol:
Praise The Lord!!!!

sia2001

Post by sia2001 » Fri Nov 24, 2006 3:44 pm

when u did u apply and normally how much is taking nowadays to get to medical? does is it mean you have passed the criteria for scoring required marks?

purplechoclate
Newly Registered

Forms

Post by purplechoclate » Fri Nov 24, 2006 5:47 pm

Hi and thank you very much for the info regarding the location of the forms.

We applied April 2004, received AoR June 04. We were using an agent, but became so frustrated that in the end I contacted the CIC direct and within the week the medical requests have arrived. So not very pleased as we spent alot of money with the agent, anyway things are now moving. Yes we knew were ok from the points system when we initially applied, so really this is now the final hurdle. We have medicals om the 8 Dec and then await the request for the passports and then book flights and off we go. It is a long and frustrating process, I guess you need lots of patience and hope ! without that there's nothing !!!! Best of luck to you

mal
Newly Registered

Post by mal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:00 am

Hi purplechocolate,
firstly congrats, it seems like you are on the home stretch now!
When you say you contacted cic directly, how did you?phone?email?fax?
What did you say that caused them to respond so quickly?
Any tips greatly appreciated as I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with the wait.
Thanks,
Mal

purplechoclate
Newly Registered

The wait !!!

Post by purplechoclate » Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:17 am

Hi Mal

I don't in all honesty know that I said anything particularly clever to warrant a response. In all honesty I wasn't expecting one !! I emailed the CIC office from the contact email on their website and explained that we have been waiting too long 2 1/2 years for medicals !!! I said others who had applied AFTER us have since gone !!! so we were using an agent, but they have since been kicked onto touch as all they seemed to do apart from charging us a fortune was send us emails telling us to be patient !!considering the wait I found that an insult, my advice is DIY and don't waste your money !!!! Good luck

mal
Newly Registered

Post by mal » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:01 pm

Thanks for that reply purple chocolate,

I am AOR October 2004 and am wondering how much longer to be patient for before I start demanding answers from them!
Hopefully the new year will bring news...frustrated with the wait!

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:58 pm

Mal wrote:
I am AOR October 2004 and am wondering how much longer to be patient for before I start demanding answers from them!
I am afraid you cannot demand anything until the time given on their website has overlapped. Read below. Your application would be reviewed in December 06 and one of the following would be the result: Request for medicals, additional documentation or refusal.

I guess your best bet is to wait till January 07 if you have not heard anything and start flooding them with your email request.
Do also read their website constantly for updates.

Jes

Important News

Skilled worker applicants who submitted their application in October 2004 were sent a letter in August 2006 advising them to update their file within 90 days. If you submitted your application in October 2004 and have not yet responded to our letter, you have until November 14, 2006 to submit your updated information. After November, 2006 we will begin assessing applications received in October 2004. If the documentation on your file at the time of assessment does not support the points claimed or allow for an assessment of security or criminality, the officer will not be able to make a positive decision.
Praise The Lord!!!!

purplechoclate
Newly Registered

Quey over this ?

Post by purplechoclate » Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:10 pm

Hi Finpro

Hope you read this as I am further puzzled by the link sent through by CIC which did in fact send me to the new forms (simplified) despite us completing the old style ones initially ? The new forms ask for much the same data so does it really matter ? Also.... sorry questions questions !! but as these are updated forms that are being requested , so do we have to send more photos ? Much of this info is lacking in general on both forms and CIC website and whilst I am no dimwit, at times I do start to feel like one !!!

Any advice/guidance most welcome !
Thanks in advance
FinPro wrote:hi purple,

since u applied earlier, Simplified Procedure doesn't apply to you. You have to send the same forms what u had sent earlier.

Regards
FinPro