ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What postal service is used for BC approval letter?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

semiautomatic
Newly Registered

What postal service is used for BC approval letter?

Post by semiautomatic » Thu May 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi, does anyone know by what postal method the approval is sent if applied through NCS? i.e. 1st, 2nd class or Special Delivery? Thanks

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Re: What postal service is used for BC approval letter?

Post by jms_uk » Thu May 03, 2012 7:24 pm

semiautomatic wrote:Hi, does anyone know by what postal method the approval is sent if applied through NCS? i.e. 1st, 2nd class or Special Delivery? Thanks
I haven't seen one, but I understand it is 2nd class post.

semiautomatic
Newly Registered

Post by semiautomatic » Thu May 03, 2012 7:45 pm

jms_uk wrote:
semiautomatic wrote:Hi, does anyone know by what postal method the approval is sent if applied through NCS? i.e. 1st, 2nd class or Special Delivery? Thanks
Thanks, that's a bit unreliable, and no way of knowing if it's lost in the post, unless you call up the HO and find out :?

workingmama
- thin ice -

Post by workingmama » Fri May 04, 2012 6:03 am

Thanks, that's a bit unreliable, and no way of knowing if it's lost in the post, unless you call up the HO and find out
And HO are very reluctant to divuldge anything, this is why the 6 month no information rule is a bad one especially as you pay for the processing service.
Quite a few applicants did not recieve their approval letters or letters requesting more info and its one of the items I have raised in a complaint to the Minister of Immigration.

If your unsure if anything has gone out especially if you have been waiting a while then now and again pop your local citizenship ceremony place an email to ask if they have recieved anything citing post problems your end. I know my local council are happy to let people know.

grantring
- thin ice -

Post by grantring » Fri May 04, 2012 9:18 am

jms_uk wrote:

£851 cant stretch to 1st class means there would be not profit init for them :lol:

jms_uk
- thin ice -

Post by jms_uk » Fri May 04, 2012 9:29 am

grantring wrote:
jms_uk wrote:

£851 cant stretch to 1st class means there would be not profit init for them :lol:
Or even 2nd class recorded. Which could be a final 'check' - if address supplied is legit.

AlexS

Post by AlexS » Fri May 04, 2012 10:28 am

semiautomatic wrote:
jms_uk wrote:
Thanks, that's a bit unreliable, and no way of knowing if it's lost in the post, unless you call up the HO and find out :?
It happened to me, the letter they sent asking for more documentation was sent to the wrong address, causing my application to be delayed by at least 45 days, until I called them and asked them about it. They first answered with the usual 6-month rule, but I insisted and they told me the letter was sent to the wrong address.
-----
Alex

manoj123
United Kingdom

Post by manoj123 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:30 am

From what I have noticed in the threads, people who applied via post and provided an self-addressed special delivery envelope, they might get

Support documents back in SD envelope provided and approval letter in 2nd class post.

OR

Both support documents and approval letter in SD envelope provided.

There seem to be no process defined.

semiautomatic
Newly Registered

Post by semiautomatic » Sun May 06, 2012 4:58 pm

Many thanks guys! Had posted this question under another topic which confirms its sent using 2nd class, which is rather unreliable. In this day and age the least they could do is have a system in place where they text/email you to look out for it once they send it out, don't see how that would add to the cost.