ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 PSW - delay...delay...delay... !!!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kartik_r
BANNED

TIER 1 PSW - delay...delay...delay... !!!

Post by kartik_r » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:58 am

Guys,

Application date : 10.Feb.2012
Acknowledgement : 14.Feb.2012
letter dt
Bio- metric dt : 18.Apr.2012
Bio-metric received : 23.Apr.2012
& done on the same day
Earl's Court, London

You could see the amount of days between Application date and Bio metric letter date. It's such a painful situation. Why're these people like this. ridiculous !

I have sent email and letter by post on this delay and requested documents and BRP Card ASAP as i need to plan for a Vacation and come back in a month.

Will the UKba grant me Visa within a week or two from now (23.Apr.2012) since they took more time for issuing bio metric invite letter. It's their responsibility to despatch the letter in 28 days from the Date of Application (10.Feb.2012). I would have given bio metric say... 1st week of Mar 2012 and by this time would have got my things sorted out.

I cant do any thing except sending Fax,letter in post or phone calls. I am keeping my prayers going!!

My email is kartik.raviraj@gmail.com, pl reply ASAP guys

Cheers !

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Hi,
I empathise with you for your delay. But I doubt whether UKBA would speed up your application even though for no fault of yours, the biometric letter got delayed. But no harm giving it a try. Probably try emailing them and explain your situation. I guess talking to them over the phone would do no good. With the way things are going currently, I guess you would be lucky if you get your Visa within the next one month . Good Luck!!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:04 pm

No they won't grant your visa in a week due to the delay in sending your biometric letter. Everyone is experiencing delays at the moment due to the closure of psw and the surge in applications before the closure.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Thu May 03, 2012 11:18 am

Greenie wrote:No they won't grant your visa in a week due to the delay in sending your biometric letter. Everyone is experiencing delays at the moment due to the closure of psw and the surge in applications before the closure.
Last edited by kartik_r on Tue May 08, 2012 6:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Thu May 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Dude, Remove your personal details.. This is a public forum for god-sake..

No one can help you mate cause there is a delay so you just have to wait. Try contacting them. Nothing much others can do about it ?
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

anon1234
Newly Registered

Post by anon1234 » Thu May 03, 2012 8:54 pm

you forgot to add your credit card number.
no one at ukba reads these long letters. they couldn't care less. the only thing they will consider are compassionate circumstances, and also then you need to provide proof, like a death certificate. don't waste your time telling them about your friends that got it before you did...

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Sat May 05, 2012 9:30 am

madona587 wrote:Dude, Remove your personal details.. This is a public forum for god-sake..

No one can help you mate cause there is a delay so you just have to wait. Try contacting them. Nothing much others can do about it ?
I'm extremely sorry that i didn't notice that this board don't allow an option to remove my post. Yes, as you say i have to delete the post. Can anyone be of any help, some one can mis use my details if its there online.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 am

bhamblues wrote:Hi,
I empathise with you for your delay. But I doubt whether UKBA would speed up your application even though for no fault of yours, the biometric letter got delayed. But no harm giving it a try. Probably try emailing them and explain your situation. I guess talking to them over the phone would do no good. With the way things are going currently, I guess you would be lucky if you get your Visa within the next one month . Good Luck!!
In my case, can some one roughly figure out as how long do i need to still wait to get a decision on my application. ( hw many months ?)

Also, i need to remove the personal details in the other threat, can you please advise !

My Student Visa expiry date : 14.Feb.2012 and now its May 2012, lets say they come back with a decision by Aug 2012 ( hopefully, a positive result).... will they hold responsiblity to the GAP in my Cv and what will be my PSW visa end date : ( is it August 2014 or Feb 2014)...( which will affect me in big time, even if i migrate to other country for jobs.. i.e., hongkong,frankfurt,zurich) my sort of investment banking jobs in few years from now..

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 am

Go back and edit the post to remove personal details, this should appear on the right hand side of the thread fella.

kartik_r wrote:
madona587 wrote:Dude, Remove your personal details.. This is a public forum for god-sake..

I'm extremely sorry that i didn't notice that this board don't allow an option to remove my post. Yes, as you say i have to delete the post. Can anyone be of any help, some one can mis use my details if its there online.

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue May 08, 2012 10:30 am

kartik_r wrote:
In my case, can some one roughly figure out as how long do i need to still wait to get a decision on my application. ( hw many months ?)

Also, i need to remove the personal details in the other threat, can you please advise !

My Student Visa expiry date : 14.Feb.2012 and now its May 2012, lets say they come back with a decision by Aug 2012 ( hopefully, a positive result).... will they hold responsiblity to the GAP in my Cv and what will be my PSW visa end date : ( is it August 2014 or Feb 2014)...( which will affect me in big time, even if i migrate to other country for jobs.. i.e., hongkong,frankfurt,zurich) my sort of investment banking jobs in few years from now..
UKBA will not be responsible for the GAP/Break in your CV. You could probably explain the case to your potential employers. PSW will be issued for two years from the date of approval and not from the date of application or student visa expiry date.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Tue May 08, 2012 10:36 am

bhamblues wrote:
kartik_r wrote:

UKBA will not be responsible for the GAP/Break in your CV. You could probably explain the case to your potential employers. PSW will be issued for two years from the date of approval and not from the date of application or student visa expiry date.

Thanks for that. However, my friends told that the psw recently being issued on taking the Student visa expiry date into consideration ( i dont have really any clue as howit was before)..

Infact, i have seen the BRP card from couple of my MBA collegues who received it last week ( filed application in Jan 2012) go the PSW expiry on Jan 2014..

WHY is that so... ?

Many Thanks,
Kartik

bhamblues

Post by bhamblues » Tue May 08, 2012 10:56 am

kartik_r wrote:
bhamblues wrote:
kartik_r wrote:

Thanks for that. However, my friends told that the psw recently being issued on taking the Student visa expiry date into consideration ( i dont have really any clue as howit was before)..

Infact, i have seen the BRP card from couple of my MBA collegues who received it last week ( filed application in Jan 2012) go the PSW expiry on Jan 2014..

WHY is that so... ?

Many Thanks,
Kartik
I wouldn't think so. I received my BRP last week.
Student Visa Expiry: 6th Feb 2012.
BRP issue date 25 April 2012 - Valid until 25 April 2014.
This has been the case for all those whom I know. Dont worry you should get years for two years from the date of approval.

kartik_r
BANNED

Post by kartik_r » Tue May 08, 2012 7:18 pm

A friend of mine got BRP Card today. He applied on Jan 13th and bio metric given on Mar 12, 2012.

He is very fortunate, since he spent loads of money on a Uni MBA in recession, he struggled hard to maintain £ 800 for 3 months post-mba. His visa expired on Jan 23rd 2012, so he was forced to apply before that (despite he didnt have savings of £ 800 for 90 days) by requesting bank statements from his bank.

I would call that he's brainy because he covered dates from 11.11.2011 (Nov) to 15.01.2012 (Jan) although it's not even 70 days he requested for only those days ( fortune favors the brave, we've to learn from this) and may be the case worker did nt count each day on the statements wherein he just looked at it from Nov to Jan whether all days are above £ 800 :-=)and granted it to him..

I know few ppl who had more than 90 days of savings £ 800 who still have their visas rejected by the immigration because thier statement had some days less than £ 800 after the 90 day count (should not have any thing less than £ 800 in any day, POINT TO NOTE ####)

But, i am very happy for him... Thank god, he has an opportunity to get at least 2/3 rd of the money back to go to some other country in twenty fourteen..

Any one, got away with this kind ...!!!!