ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

So much delays

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jhumbo
Newly Registered

So much delays

Post by Jhumbo » Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 am

Please could forum members please advise urgently.

Application status of my dependant who is 6 months old is as follows:

Application Submitted: 17th February
Ack. letter received: None
Biometric invitation letter received: 15th March (dated 13th March)
Biometric Given: 16th March
Documents and BRP: Waiting

There is now an urgent need for us to travel to the US by the last week of May 2012. Given the timeline so it is becoming unlikely that UKBA will return the documents in time for us to make necessary travel arrangements

My questions:

1) How long does it take for UKBA to return passports if they are recalled by the applicant?
2) Would UKBA agree to return passports only to enable us travel whilst they continue with the process?

Thank you for your response.

Jhumbo

Mind_The_Gap

Re: So much delays

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Wed May 02, 2012 10:14 am

Jhumbo wrote:Please could forum members please advise urgently.

There is now an urgent need for us to travel to the US by the last week of May 2012. Given the timeline so it is becoming unlikely that UKBA will return the documents in time for us to make necessary travel arrangements

My questions:

1) How long does it take for UKBA to return passports if they are recalled by the applicant?
2) Would UKBA agree to return passports only to enable us travel whilst they continue with the process?

Jhumbo
Asking for the return of your passport before your application to remain in the United Kingdom is decided

"If you need your passport for identification reasons, such as opening a bank account, before we decide your application, we will return your passport. You should send your passport back to us as soon as you have used it to confirm your identity. We will not be able to decide the outcome of your application until you have returned it to us. Obviously this may delay the decision of your application.

You should not make plans to travel outside the common travel area while we are considering your application. If you ask for your passport, your application is automatically withdrawn when we send your passport back to you, even if you decide not to travel. If you decide not to travel and still want to stay in the United Kingdom, you will need to apply again and pay a new fee.

If you need to ask for the return of your passport, contact the Immigration Enquiry Bureau 0870 606 7766 "

Jhumbo
Newly Registered

Post by Jhumbo » Thu May 03, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks. I received the docs today 03 May in time for our trip.

[quote="Mind_The_Gap"][quote="Jhumbo"]Please could forum members please advise urgently.

My questions:

Jhumbo[/quote]

[b][color=blue]Asking for the return of your passport before your application to remain in the United Kingdom is decided[/color]
[/b]
"If you need your passport for identification reasons, such as opening a bank account, before we decide your application, we will return your passport. You should send your passport back to us as soon as you have used it to confirm your identity. We will not be able to decide the outcome of your application until you have returned it to us. Obviously this may delay the decision of your application.

You [b][u]should not make plans to travel outside[/u] [/b] the common travel area while we are considering your application. If you ask for your passport, your application is [b][color=red]automatically withdrawn[/color] [/b]when we send your passport back to you, even if you decide not to travel. If you decide not to travel and still want to stay in the United Kingdom, you will need to apply again and pay a new fee.

If you need to ask for the return of your passport, contact the Immigration Enquiry Bureau [b]0870 606 7766 [/b]"[b][/b][/quote]

ajf773

Post by ajf773 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:33 pm

It's nothing more than revenue gathering and makes it almost impossible to plan overseas travel given the unacceptable lengthy delays. UKBA doesn't acknowledge that immigrants have genuine work and family obligations as well as leisure as their reasons to travel outside of the UK. For them to be charged another £1500 for a fresh application is outrageous. There are also unconfirmed reports that a withdrawn application can take up to 15 days for the applicant to receive his/her passport.

Deeps123
Newly Registered

Post by Deeps123 » Thu May 10, 2012 3:31 pm

Jhumbo wrote:Please could forum members please advise urgently.

My questions:

Jhumbo