ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

working during waiting PSW is legal?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

malik69
Newly Registered

working during waiting PSW is legal?

Post by malik69 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:11 am

Hi guys,

I hope someone with in depth knowledge will help me. I applied for my PSW on 04-04-2012. My previous student visa have "Work not allowed" label.

Can I work legally while waiting for decision on my visa application? Because people with previous working rights as student can work legally.

Plz give links if have got the information. Thanking everyone in advance.

[/b]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 02, 2012 12:38 am

While you wait for the outcome of an application, the conditions for your existing leave apply. If you say that you are not permitted to work on your existing leave then you have your answer.

malik69
Newly Registered

Post by malik69 » Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 am

Lucapooka wrote:While you wait for the outcome of an application, the conditions for your existing leave apply. If you say that you are not permitted to work on your existing leave then you have your answer.

Thanks for replying bro. You said that "conditions for you existing leave apply". Can you give appropriate link from Homeoffice website or from the immigration law. Thanks again

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 02, 2012 6:53 am

Why don't you look for the information on the ukba website which is quite easy to find.

malik69
Newly Registered

Post by malik69 » Wed May 02, 2012 7:20 am

Greenie wrote:Why don't you look for the information on the ukba website which is quite easy to find.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ding-stay/#

Frequently Asked Questions

What is my immigration status while my application is being decided? Close If you make an application before your authorised stay ends, your existing immigration status will continue until your application is decided, even if the decision is not made until after the end of your permitted stay. If your existing visa or other permission to stay here allows you to work, you can continue to do so until your case is decided.

aftabkhan812

Post by aftabkhan812 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Guys I need your advice.. I sent my application by post on 22nd march and received the acknowledgment in the first week of April! Biometrics also given on the 14th of April. I worked part time for my company till may end after which I was made full time. And my Tier 4 visa stated that I am allowed to work 20 hrs per week during term time which I was doing according to my contract.. But is it true that you cannot get into full time employment till your psw is granted? and If yes, is my application liable to be rejected on such grounds? Thanks in advance!

quantum1
Member of Standing

Post by quantum1 » Fri May 04, 2012 1:36 pm

aftabkhan812 wrote:Guys I need your advice.. I sent my application by post on 22nd march and received the acknowledgment in the first week of April! Biometrics also given on the 14th of April. I worked part time for my company till may end after which I was made full time. And my Tier 4 visa stated that I am allowed to work 20 hrs per week during term time which I was doing according to my contract.. But is it true that you cannot get into full time employment till your psw is granted? and If yes, is my application liable to be rejected on such grounds? Thanks in advance!
The condition is usually, you work 20hrs a term and full time in vacations. Therefore you are asllowed to work full time but cannot take permanent employment. You should be fine.