ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension assistance required!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lastminute
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension assistance required!

Post by lastminute » Wed May 02, 2012 11:16 pm

Hello All,

My Tier-1 visa expires on 02 Jul 2012. I am on a permanent employment and I am applying alone for now. After spending some good time on UKBA website, I understand the following documents are to be sent to UKBA-

a) Completed Tier-1 General application ver. 04/12
b) 2 photographs with name on back
c) Original Educational qualification (same as submitted during initial tier-1)
d) Payslips and P-60 to support earnings
e) 3 months bank statement
f) Passport
e) Covering letter

The below are not required-
a) Certificate to prove English proficiency
b) Certificate to prove age
c) Marriage certificate (as I am not applying for dependant)

Could anyone please confirm? Kindly advise if I would need anything else to proceed with my application.

Also I understand applying for dependent separately is cheaper - Please correct if wrong.

Thanks in advance.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Thu May 03, 2012 8:21 am

c.why educational certificate again ?

e.Why not 12 month bank statement?

In educational part of form ,it has option not to send documents which you have send before,but language part no option like that.

Which method you will pay? I am undecided.

Mind_The_Gap

Post by Mind_The_Gap » Thu May 03, 2012 8:53 am

esmsi wrote:c.why educational certificate again ?

In educational part of form ,it has option not to send documents which you have send before,but language part no option like that.

Which method you will pay? I am undecided.
The T1 Guidance on Supporting documents for Previous earnings is given below:

The applicant must provide at least two different types of supporting document for each source of earnings claimed. Each piece of supporting evidence must be from a separate source and support all the other evidence so that together they clearly prove the earnings claimed. For example: When providing documents for salaried employment, an applicant should not send payslips together with a P60, because we consider both of these documents to be from the same source.

lastminute
Newly Registered

Post by lastminute » Thu May 03, 2012 3:26 pm

esmsi wrote:c.why educational certificate again ?

I am unclear on these... hope some seniors enlighten us...!
esmsi wrote: Which method you will pay? I am undecided.
Debit card??

lastminute
Newly Registered

Post by lastminute » Thu May 03, 2012 3:34 pm

Thank you Mind_The_Gap.

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Thu May 03, 2012 9:52 pm

a) Completed Tier-1 General application ver. 04/12
Correct.
b) 2 photographs with name on back
Correct. Must be latest photos. Not used on any of existing visa's on your passport.
c) Original Educational qualification (same as submitted during initial tier-1)
Not needed. They will give you same marks as previous qualification. Unless you have increased your qualification and want to secure marks for that.
d) Payslips and P-60 to support earnings
Payslip and P-60 are from same source. You need 12 month's (or whatever months you are showing for points of earning to satisfy the case worker that salary on your payslip are credited in account after tax/NI deduction)
e) 3 months bank statement
-- for maintenance
f) Passport
Correct.
e) Covering letter
Correct

Also, attach PBS Calculator PDF. This will expedite your process.

The below are not required-
a) Certificate to prove English proficiency
b) Certificate to prove age
c) Marriage certificate (as I am not applying for dependant)
Even if you are applying together, you don't need marriage certificate. As they have granted dependent visa earlier looking at the marriage certificates and all documents you have provided together. They have all details of yours and your wife.

Cheerio
Gaurav

Send me IM if you need more details and guidance. :)

lastminute
Newly Registered

Post by lastminute » Mon May 07, 2012 12:48 am

Thanks so much Gaurav!
shargaur wrote: e) 3 months bank statement
-- for maintenance
For the above(maintenance), should I get a certificate from bank or the 12 months bank statement that I am going to get for earnings suffice?

Also for the english language proficiency points, I don't have to submit any supporting documents - please confirm.

Thanks once again!

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Mon May 07, 2012 1:08 am

lastminute wrote:
For the above(maintenance), should I get a certificate from bank or the 12 months bank statement that I am going to get for earnings suffice?

12 months bank statement can be used for Maintaince fund. No need for bank certificate or another statements from different account.

Also for the english language proficiency points, I don't have to submit any supporting documents - please confirm.

Nope. In the application form you just tick Degree taught in English option.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon May 07, 2012 9:46 am

L. English Language

In the application form page 40

Select the tick box
Applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General)
migrant, or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has
previously satisfied the English Language requirement
Go to L7

L7
L7.
Tick to confirm that the applicant has claimed 10 points for English language:

You do not need to send any documents.

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Mon May 07, 2012 9:49 am

H4. Please tick to confirm the documents that the applicant has sent as supporting
evidence of the qualification for which he/she is claiming points. (The applicant should
refer to the Tier 1 (General) Policy guidance to establish the circumstances in which
documents other that the original certificates of award will be accepted.)

Select tick box
Evidence previously provided with the
applicant’s initial Tier 1 (General) application

nkanalyst

Post by nkanalyst » Mon May 07, 2012 9:55 am

Do we need to show covering letter if we going PEO ?

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Mon May 07, 2012 10:18 am

nkanalyst wrote:Do we need to show covering letter if we going PEO ?
What is this question in relation to? I.e. covering letter for what? Generally speaking if you are referring to a covering letter the applicant is writing, this wouldn't be required if you are going for a in-person PEO appointment, as the applicant will be there to explain whatever they would have done in a covering letter.

Covering letters are generally used to clearly outline details that wouldn't otherwise be clear to a Case Worker when sending a Postal Application.

nkanalyst

Post by nkanalyst » Mon May 07, 2012 10:46 am

Thanks CS for your reply ! I am clear now.

lastminute
Newly Registered

Post by lastminute » Wed May 09, 2012 12:21 am

Thanks for all the answers... I've got couple more doubts-

a) I was under the impression that I have to get a consolidated bank statement for 12 months (duplicate statement in effect) but I read in this forum that the regular monthly statements that one gets from bank (mailed to home) is good enough. Is it right? If yes, do I have to get it signed again? Is just the statement as received from the bank monthly good to go?

b) The tier-1 application has a lots of instruction pages e.g. page 1 to 6 & 3 to 62 - should I still include these when I send to UKBA?

Please reply. Thanks!

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Wed May 09, 2012 7:50 am

lastminute wrote:
a) I was under the impression that I have to get a consolidated bank statement for 12 months (duplicate statement in effect) but I read in this forum that the regular monthly statements that one gets from bank (mailed to home) is good enough. Is it right? If yes, do I have to get it signed again? Is just the statement as received from the bank monthly good to go?

Original Monthly Bank Statements do not need any stamp or further authentication. They should be fine on their own. Highlighting your wages in them would be a good idea as stated by others in the forum

b) The tier-1 application has a lots of instruction pages e.g. page 1 to 6 & 3 to 62 - should I still include these when I send to UKBA?

Not sure about this. But logic says it should be fine. However, I would let other answer this for you as I am not sure.
Last edited by longshift on Wed May 09, 2012 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed May 09, 2012 1:17 pm

longshift wrote:
lastminute wrote: b) The tier-1 application has a lots of instruction pages e.g. page 1 to 6 & 3 to 62 - should I still include these when I send to UKBA?

Not sure about this. But logic says it should be fine. However, I would let other answer this for you as I am not sure.
I always include all pages of all forms. That way the caseworker knows everything has been included, e.g. if you remove some pages they don't know if they are missing (but should have been included) or aren't relevant at all.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Wed May 09, 2012 1:42 pm

Yes, I agree with Goldfish. I would include all pages of the form, and have done so in my previous visa applications.

lastminute
Newly Registered

Post by lastminute » Tue May 15, 2012 12:48 pm

Thanks everyone again...

I posted my application on 11 May 2012 via special post and the application is delivered at UKBA on 14 May 2012. Now waiting curiously to see money taken out of my account (I had shared debit card details).

I still have the following questions-

a) While coming across one of the posts, there was a mention of self addressed special delivery cover for UKBA to return documents. Is it really required? I don't remember reading this in the guidelines...!

b) Going by the timelines shared by others, there is a fair chance that the decision may take couple of months. Can I meanwhile apply for dependants with out any reference numbers whatsoever?

Please help.

Thanks!

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue May 15, 2012 12:56 pm

lastminute wrote:Thanks everyone again...

I posted my application on 11 May 2012 via special post and the application is delivered at UKBA on 14 May 2012. Now waiting curiously to see money taken out of my account (I had shared debit card details).

I still have the following questions-

a) While coming across one of the posts, there was a mention of self addressed special delivery cover for UKBA to return documents. Is it really required? I don't remember reading this in the guidelines...!

This is not required but can be included for your peace of mind.

b) Going by the timelines shared by others, there is a fair chance that the decision may take couple of months. Can I meanwhile apply for dependants with out any reference numbers whatsoever?

This might complicate the process. Why don't you apply for the dependants at the same time?
Please help.

Thanks!
Give me more Karma (+)

shargaur

Post by shargaur » Tue May 15, 2012 2:33 pm

This might complicate the process. Why don't you apply for the dependants at the same time?

Why this would make it complicate. Just wait for acknowledgement letter from UKBA. That will have reference number starting with PB. While applying for dependent visa you only need to give reference number and 90 days maintenance funds proof.

lastminute
Newly Registered

Post by lastminute » Wed May 16, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks QuickSam and shargaur.

lastminute
Newly Registered

Post by lastminute » Fri May 18, 2012 12:38 pm

shargaur wrote: Why this would make it complicate. Just wait for acknowledgement letter from UKBA. That will have reference number starting with PB. While applying for dependent visa you only need to give reference number and 90 days maintenance funds proof.
Hi Gaurav & Others,

Going by the present pace of UKBA (trackit status), it would be too late before I get my reference number I guess. Is it possible to apply for dependents before I get the acknowledgement letter? Please advise.

In the hindsight, I feel applying together (main + dependent) would save some nervous moments given UKBA's current efficiency.

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 18, 2012 12:47 pm

Possible ... but slightly risky!

Without a reference number to help them tag their application to yours, there are chances that their application and documents may get lost in UKBA's rubble.

If you/they do decide to apply before receiving your application reference number, make sure you use a covering letter and include your details to help them tag their application to yours (e.g. - name, dob, nationality, passport number, etc.).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Post by silent_warrior » Fri May 18, 2012 2:44 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Possible ... but slightly risky!

Without a reference number to help them tag their application to yours, there are chances that their application and documents may get lost in UKBA's rubble.

If you/they do decide to apply before receiving your application reference number, make sure you use a covering letter and include your details to help them tag their application to yours (e.g. - name, dob, nationality, passport number, etc.).
Also use the Change of circumstances form along with it

lastminute
Newly Registered

Post by lastminute » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:19 am

Thanks everyone. I finally got my acknowledgement letter. Will be applying for my wife soon. Have couple of question & have posted it separately.