ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

From Work Permit to Tier 2: How long? Other options?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

dminus
Newly Registered

From Work Permit to Tier 2: How long? Other options?

Post by dminus » Fri May 04, 2012 12:05 am

I would appreciate any advice on the following situation. I have been in UK on a work permit for almost four years. The situation with my current position became a bit uncertain, so it may terminate as of October this year. It seems that it would be possible to get another job, but I am not sure if there is enough time to do all the necessary paperwork to avoid a gap in employment. How long does it usually take to switch from a work permit to Tier 2? It seems I would qualify for Tier 1 (even with all the new tough requiremernts for "Exceptional Talent"), but it also seems that the only way to currently apply for it is from abroad, after quitting a job here. Also, with all my experience and funds available I should be able to qualify for an entrepreneur, but it seems the time on it can not be combined with that on a work permit. May be I am missing something here? Are there any other ways to come up with a backup plan to avoid the gaps and continue accumulating time for ILR?