ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bobobo

Re: waiting

Post by bobobo » Tue May 01, 2012 3:01 pm

touche to that
waitwaitwait wrote:Hi guys,

I have been reading all the info you have shared on this forum.
I am another victim of this situation where I have been waiting since 08th feb. Its been 12 weeks now and still I havent got my docs back or the BRP.
Its a straightforward case with everything in place but still no sign of getting the docs or BRP.

My timeline is -

Date Docs sent: 08/02/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 20/02/12
Date bio-metrics booking letter received: 20/03/12 (dated 16/03/12)
Date bio-metrics enrolled (at Holborn post office): 22/03/12
Date BRP received: waiting
Date Docs received: waiting

I do wish all of us get it asap and I'm sure two years down the line we all will be applying for Indefinite Leave on the same day rather than sending it by post again.

cheers

tcbrasil

Re: RE:

Post by tcbrasil » Tue May 01, 2012 3:23 pm

endivolac wrote:
tcbrasil wrote:Hi billnome,

No, I haven't heard a thing til today. And what I don't understand is that some here applied after us and already got everything. It's really confusing... I'm getting depressed too...
billnome wrote:I been waiting since jan..
Applied in Jan,
Biometric 16th Feb....
Rest just waiting>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>................

TCBRASIL did you hear anything... Anyone still waiting that long....
I am getting depressed by HOME OFFICE, how the hell they f...k.in operate...

Do they not know the basic human rights???
Tcbrasil, have you tried writing to your MP? I was also waiting a long time (since 3rd December) and finally got the approval letter on Saturday (28th April) and biometric card yesterday (30th April). Basically had a 5 month wait and was beginning to go crazy. Before I wrote to my MP, I was also very depressed and could not understand why others got returned in a month or even less.

I honestly believe that they misplace them, forget about them or that if they are wanting to check something, it gets passed on to another department where it can be held up for ages. I said all this to my MP and explained that the lack of information was causing severe emotional distress and that it is due to the complete lack of information and transparency about the process. And it was effective, got a request from the UKBA asking for more docs (wanting more evidence of accomodation, very annoying but still soemthing) and after a few more days got the letter saying biometric card will arrive soon.

I would definately urge you to write to your MP, I know how distressing a long wait can be and I was so glad when we got this help.

I know its hard to not get depressed but you will get your letter through, just a matter of time.

Hi endilovac,

Thanks so much for your advice! I think I might just do that, because it's taking the piss...

Do you still have your letter example so I could have an idea on what and how to write to my MP, cos I've never done this before so it would help me and anyone elso who wishes to do the same a lot.

Thanks again!

Aussie1987
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie1987 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Ive been waiting for 14 weeks (8 weeks since biometrics).

My timeline so far......

Date Applied/Docs sent: 25/01/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 01/02/12 (Dated 27/02/12)
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 05/03/12 (dated 01/03/12)
Date Biometrics Appointment Old Street Post Office: 06/03/2012
Date Passport/Docs received from HO: Waiting....
Docs arrived: Waiting............
Biometric Card: Waiting.............
Visa Type : FLR(M) for unmarried partner
Visa From: Tier 5 Youth Mobility

vaseline
Newly Registered

Post by vaseline » Tue May 01, 2012 8:47 pm

I've got my biometric letter today and have done it today as well. Is this a "clue" that I might get my visa soon? Thanks

Aussie1987
Newly Registered

Post by Aussie1987 » Wed May 02, 2012 10:07 am

vaseline wrote:I've got my biometric letter today and have done it today as well. Is this a "clue" that I might get my visa soon? Thanks
No apparently not. I rang UKBA and they advised me that you will not be assigned a case worker until you have had your biometrics taken. So god knows what they are doing with you application between receiving it and sending you you biometrics letter!

Good Luck!

endivolac
Newly Registered

Re: RE:

Post by endivolac » Wed May 02, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi tcbrasil (I don't seem to be able to get my posts on this forum to correctly quote previous posts!)

Here what I wrote:

<<<I am writing to you about an immigration matter that is affecting me.

(I took out a paragraph here. It was basically a description of my visa history, personal cirumstances, UKBA references and a short summary of the stage I was at, don't want all details on the net!)

Despite having a straighforward application the application is now entering its 4 month. As we cannot enquire about any application until 6 months has passed, the UKBA will refuse to give any information about the application, such whether it has even been considered yet. The emotional stress this is causing for both of us is severe. Not only can I not work, travel or access non-emergency medical care, we no idea if the application will be successful. I am certain it will, but since we are provided with no information and the process has taken 4 months so far, we are racked with doubt. This is not a free or cheap service provided by the UKBA.

This matter does not affect only me, countless others are stuck in the same bureaucratic limbo. It may be that the application will be approved tomorrow and everything will be fine. But that's the point, there is no information provided at all until a huge amount of time has passed.

Any advice or help you could provide would be greatly appreciated.>>>

This is basically what I wrote, however I also added in details such as my previous visa (in that paragraph I left out). If there are any pressing circumstances such as a need to return home (in my case my passport was going to run out before 6 months had passed) mention them too.

I should point out that it was actually not my MP who dealt with my case personally. It was a representative of the MP's office. But this is the same (the enquiry to the UKBA is made in the MP's name, suppose they get lots of enquiry's). Basically I am trying to say not to worry if someone contacts you that is not your MP, still have the same effect!

For everyone on the forum, if you do write to your MP make sure to include all details (for example if it is not a straightforward case), they can only help you if they have all the info!

I hope this helps tcbrasil, keep us up to date on your app, hope it gets sorted soon!

leopold
Newly Registered

Post by leopold » Wed May 02, 2012 6:57 pm

i have heard that ukba and homeoffice employees are on strike so apps decisions will delayed but i it is just a rumour!

tommyc
Newly Registered

Post by tommyc » Wed May 02, 2012 10:42 pm

Sent documents by post 3rd March 2012, submitted biometrics 31st March, still waiting for any news - now 4 and a half weeks. So frustrating!! Need passports back for holiday at end of July so getting anxious that they take so darn long... :(

Post by 2222 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:23 am

I applied for FLR M on 23rd of Feb and today is 3rd May and I am still waiting.... Kill me now, I wish I applied in person and paid the £300 extra.... 11 weeks it is more than enough on a straight forward case.[/b][/url]

Echo721
Newly Registered

Post by Echo721 » Thu May 03, 2012 1:37 pm

2222 wrote:I applied for FLR M on 23rd of Feb and today is 3rd May and I am still waiting.... Kill me now, I wish I applied in person and paid the £300 extra.... 11 weeks it is more than enough on a straight forward case.[/b][/url]

Hi I sent out my application round about the same time as you. :) I enrolled my biometrics on 23/3/2012. I'm still waiting too. :( I dreamed about receiving my documents and visa last night... Hopefully it's a good sign. :idea:

Waitingwaiting
Newly Registered

Hi guys, nice to meet you.

Post by Waitingwaiting » Thu May 03, 2012 4:05 pm

Here's mine:

Docs. sent: 12/03/12
Ack. Letter issued: 15/03/12
Ack. Letter received: 20/03/12
Biometrics letter issued: 23/03/12
Biometrics letter received & enrolled: 28/03/12
Docs arrived: Waiting.....
Biometric Card: Waiting.....
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Tier 4 Student

A bit worried now. It's been more than 5 weeks. Should have spent the extra £300....

I have applied it without Certificate of Approval since Home Office has abolished it last year. Is this ok? Anyone please?

tcbrasil

Re: Hi guys, nice to meet you.

Post by tcbrasil » Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 pm

Waitingwaiting wrote:Here's mine:

A bit worried now. It's been more than 5 weeks. Should have spent the extra £300....

I have applied it without Certificate of Approval since Home Office has abolished it last year. Is this ok? Anyone please?
Hi Waitingwaiting,

We both are in the same case, cos my visa also was from Tier 4 and I'm still waiting for my visa since 28/02. The Certificate of Approval has been abolished indeed,so you have nothing to worry. They simply take the piss! (pardon my french :lol:)
Settlement we all apply in person!

Waitingwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by Waitingwaiting » Thu May 03, 2012 4:28 pm

Hi tcbrasil,

Thanks for the quick reply :) I am a little bit relieved now.

Good luck to all of us here!

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:38 am

I can't wait anymore, what should I do? 11 weeks today and I am still waiting, since 23rd Feb.....

I can't plan anything :( ........ help please.

Papertrail

%@$# HITS THE FAN!

Post by Papertrail » Fri May 04, 2012 4:17 am

Hello beautiful people!

Am back after a short hiatus :)

I decided to just concentrate on other things for a while because i was practically on the verge of going krakers!
Am sure even the post man noticed i stopped hounding him for a while.

I have been waiting for 5 months now...yes 5 MONTHS...for the biometric appointment letter.

After trying to call UKBA for weeks (don't even bother doing this!)I wrote to my MP asking her to enquire on my behalf and the person who got back to me from the MP's office was told (this was March 21st 2012) by whoever they talked to from UKBA that my application was awaiting allocation to a case worker. They said they would get back to me....still waiting...(EXHALES!!)

This was after 3 months of waiting.For those who may be wondering when i applied, my Application date is 4th January 2012, changing from a Fiance visa to a Spouse Visa.
I was getting really stressed out so i pretended to forget about this for a while... then i saw this!!!!!!

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/uk/y ... 11397.html

The word is out! FINALLY!

toki
Newly Registered

Re: flr m no acknowledgement received

Post by toki » Fri May 04, 2012 9:38 am

auzaman wrote:Hi All,
I applied for flr (m) for my wife on 7th March and the special delivery was received by HO on 10th of April but still have not received any acknowledgement letter...any one in similar situation?
yes ,
i posted 12 march 2012 ,i have completed my bio matrices and waiting for further results............

toki
Newly Registered

Re: switching from fiance to spouse visa inside uk

Post by toki » Fri May 04, 2012 9:48 am

andrea.cro wrote:DO sent to HO:25.10.2011
Received confirmation letter :27.10.2011
Letter for biometrics: 06.11.2011
Biometrics done in post office: 06.11.2011

Received my husband (he is british) passport today, 21. 11. 2011 and a letter from Home office saying that I have to provide my original speaking and reading TOIEC test results! And I have already provide original documents!!!My heart almost stopped, and then I read on this forum that had already happen to Laudo9. I did the same what Laudo9 did. Sent them a letter explaining that they should have it in their possession. I hope it will be alright, as I am 100% sure I sent all original documents.

Wish good luck to everyone!

Update:

Documents received: 25.11.2011!!!

Visa approved .

[/b]
hi congratulations............please tel me did you post them toeic score result.or certificates?because some body telling they(ukba) wants toeic score result and certificate as-well.my exam centre provided me only the toeic score results(where mention my score,level,passport no,date of birth,full name.). i posted my FLR m application with that toeic score results.after hearing that certificates matter, i am bit worried.

waitwaitwait

Re:

Post by waitwaitwait » Fri May 04, 2012 1:31 pm

tcbrasil wrote:
Waitingwaiting wrote:Here's mine:

Hi Waitingwaiting,

We both are in the same case, cos my visa also was from Tier 4 and I'm still waiting for my visa since 28/02. The Certificate of Approval has been abolished indeed,so you have nothing to worry. They simply take the piss! (pardon my french :lol:)
Settlement we all apply in person!

Hi waitingwaiting and TCbrasil , I am switching from tier4 to spouse as well and been waiting since 08/02/12. Altogether 13 weeks now.

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:47 pm

Hi everyone

Thanks so much for posting your timelines and stories, although I'm not sure if they're making me feel better or worse. My Aussie partner is planning to travel to Europe with her mum on May 23rd (she hasn't seen her for 2 years.) But we're waiting for the visa.. we were hoping to send the form and docs off in early Feb but it took longer to get the stuff together than we thought. Now hearing about the IT crash, and seeing some of your stories, aghh! We are worried. I so wish we'd applied in person!

Docs sent: early March
Acknowledgement letter: 16th March
Biometrics done at Battersea Post Office: 31st March
Visa applied for: FLR(M) spouse
Existing visa: Tier 5 youth mobility (Expired 24th April)

Would it be completely crazy to withdraw the app and apply in person? Would it even help now?

kiwi87
Newly Registered

Post by kiwi87 » Fri May 04, 2012 5:27 pm

Hi everyone,

Have been following everyones posts for awhile now. Seeing if anyone is getting any results. My timeline is as follows,
sent docs: 03/03/12
ack letter: 08/03/12
bio letter: 23/03/12
bio done: 26/03/12
haven't heard anything since.
This really is taking the piss though. Have not been able to work as my previous visa has expired and am not able to go home as the home office has passports. It is such a joke.
Wrote to our local MP yesterday....haven't heard anything yet.
What are we meant to do now????? It will be 10 weeks next week since I sent the application off. Am tempted just to withdraw the whole thing and go home. Is it worth getting into debt for god knows how long????
With all this strike business and computer crashing...we could all be waiting for months!

blueboy
Newly Registered

Post by blueboy » Fri May 04, 2012 8:03 pm

New to this forum so hi to everyone. Frustrating situation to all on here for sure.

Sent all my documents in on the 8th March 2012 received a letter confirming receipt on the 12th & they cashed the cheque & since then not a damned squeak. No communication at all, no biometrics letter nothing.

Wrote to my MP yesterday to voice my frustration & dismay with the situation. If you can afford it then it can be done on the day so it can't be that time consuming to sort things out in a reasonable time. I want to take my wife home to see her aging (83) & unwell mother, I guess she will be gone before we will even have any passports to go there. So sorry for my wife as she may not see her mum again in this life because of bureaucracy here in the UK. I had to write to my MP to get her here as she had been waiting for a year for her visa to come in the first place. It seems terrorists & the like can come & go here without difficulty but go down the legal & proper route for a loved one & you get treated like all the people on here, makes me sad to be British at times.

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:47 am

Hi everyone

Thought it would be useful to give the following info. The other half called the return of documents helpline this morning. They confirmed that requesting the return of documents before the application is determined is treated as a withdrawal.

They also said that 65% of applications for FLR(M) are determined wihtin 4 weeks. Since we are now past 5 weeks, their advice was to wait. Very 'helpful'.

gops76
Newly Registered

same here

Post by gops76 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:42 pm

Same situation here posted on 9 th march with two dependants tier 2 extension received ackn on 18 th march and nothing after that i dono what the hell is happening pressure is building up. i am due for my ILR in august .
blueboy wrote:New to this forum so hi to everyone. Frustrating situation to all on here for sure.

Sent all my documents in on the 8th March 2012 received a letter confirming receipt on the 12th & they cashed the cheque & since then not a damned squeak. No communication at all, no biometrics letter nothing.

Wrote to my MP yesterday to voice my frustration & dismay with the situation. If you can afford it then it can be done on the day so it can't be that time consuming to sort things out in a reasonable time. I want to take my wife home to see her aging (83) & unwell mother, I guess she will be gone before we will even have any passports to go there. So sorry for my wife as she may not see her mum again in this life because of bureaucracy here in the UK. I had to write to my MP to get her here as she had been waiting for a year for her visa to come in the first place. It seems terrorists & the like can come & go here without difficulty but go down the legal & proper route for a loved one & you get treated like all the people on here, makes me sad to be British at times.

LNC
Newly Registered

my timeline

Post by LNC » Tue May 08, 2012 3:44 pm

have been watching/getting advice from here for quite some time now so thought I should post my (unhelpful) timeline:

Docs. sent: 17/02/2012
Ack. Letter received: 24/02/12
Biometrics letter received & enrolled: 22/03/12 (at old street post office)
Visa Type : FLR(M) for unmarried partner
Visa From: Tier 5 youth mobility (Expired 23rd March)

so over all this waiting, but at least, unlike some others here, I can still work so thank god for that!

dodokire
Newly Registered

what could be wrong?

Post by dodokire » Tue May 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi all, I and my wife submitted her application for spouse visa since 26th of april and we have not received any acknowledgement letter and the money for the application fee is still intact what could be happening pls?.