ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension - date of appointment assistance

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ukvisa2012
Newly Registered

Tier 1 extension - date of appointment assistance

Post by ukvisa2012 » Thu May 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Hi

My visa was granted on 28/07/2009 and I came to the UK on 29/08/2009. I intend to book appointment for my extension (visa expiring on 28/07/12) in the beginning of July. I understand that I will get extension for 2 years from the date my visa is approved i.e. beginning of July. In that case I will not complete 5 years when my extended leave will expire. Will I still be eligible for ILR or will require to apply for another extension.

Please can you guide me.

Thank you

silent_warrior
Member of Standing

Re: Tier 1 extension - date of appointment assistance

Post by silent_warrior » Thu May 03, 2012 2:53 pm

ukvisa2012 wrote:Hi

My visa was granted on 28/07/2009 and I came to the UK on 29/08/2009. I intend to book appointment for my extension (visa expiring on 28/07/12) in the beginning of July. I understand that I will get extension for 2 years from the date my visa is approved i.e. beginning of July. In that case I will not complete 5 years when my extended leave will expire. Will I still be eligible for ILR or will require to apply for another extension.

Please can you guide me.

Thank you
Hello ukvisa2012.
Though you may fall short for ILR, there are certian scenarios where caseworker can count the date visa was granted (entry clearance) and date the applicant entered UK
Follow this link to to Annex B
Annex B - Calculation of the qualifying period of continuous leave for settlement

ukvisa2012
Newly Registered

Post by ukvisa2012 » Fri May 04, 2012 11:11 am

Thank you for the prompt response