ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Renewal GNIB stamp 4 eufam

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BOPOH
Newly Registered

Renewal GNIB stamp 4 eufam

Post by BOPOH » Thu May 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Howdy:) I got a little problem here trying to renew my wife's gnib card. Iam an EU citizen, my wife is not. We've been married for 5 years all these years we've been living in Ireland, tho we got married in my country. All was grand until my wife had to change her passport. After she did change her passport we went to GNIB to renew her GNIB card for another 5 years but she got only 1 year more, because in her old passport, due to expiry date, she only had eufam stamp for 4 years (you know, they give you this stamp for as long as your passport is valid. When she got an approval for 4 eufam, her passport was valid for 4 more years) . We were told that in order to renew her card for another 5 years, she needs to send all the documents all over again. Is that true? www.citizeninformation.ie says you only need to bring your passport and old GNIB card.
Has anybody recently renewed their 4eufam GNIB card? What documents did you have to have?
Another thing is that my wife does not work. She was studying until a couple of moth ago. So how do we renew the card? Thanks in advance. All answers are greatly appreciated!

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Thu May 03, 2012 9:22 pm

All the information is here:
http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/EU ... y%20Rights
You wife will have to submit EU3 application form with all the original documents listed.
She can apply when she has 6 months left until the expiry of her latest EUFAM stamp (after 4.5 years from the original decision). The processing time is 6 months. Thus she would be still covered during the processing time.
It doesn't matter what she was doing all the 5 years. What matters is what YOU, the EU citizen, were doing all those 5 years and wether you have been exercising your EU Treaty rights.
She still has 6 months before she can apply, but you can start collecting all the documentation needed from now (employment records, P60s, tenancy agreements, utility bills, etc)

BOPOH
Newly Registered

Post by BOPOH » Thu May 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Thank you for your reply. I've been living and working in Ireland for 7 years. Thanks for your link but all I found there is how to apply but not how to renew 4 eufam. Are you sure it the same process? Sorry just want to be sure and doublecheck. Thank you

filish11

Re: Renewal GNIB stamp 4 eufam

Post by filish11 » Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 pm

BOPOH wrote:Howdy:) I got a little problem here trying to renew my wife's gnib card. Iam an EU citizen, my wife is not. We've been married for 5 years all these years we've been living in Ireland, tho we got married in my country. All was grand until my wife had to change her passport. After she did change her passport we went to GNIB to renew her GNIB card for another 5 years but she got only 1 year more, because in her old passport, due to expiry date, she only had eufam stamp for 4 years (you know, they give you this stamp for as long as your passport is valid. When she got an approval for 4 eufam, her passport was valid for 4 more years) . We were told that in order to renew her card for another 5 years, she needs to send all the documents all over again. Is that true? www.citizeninformation.ie says you only need to bring your passport and old GNIB card.
Has anybody recently renewed their 4eufam GNIB card? What documents did you have to have?
Another thing is that my wife does not work. She was studying until a couple of moth ago. So how do we renew the card? Thanks in advance. All answers are greatly appreciated!
Hi BOPOH, I just renew my GNIB card yesterday. I am married to an Irish and got a stamp 4 for my GNIB card. I have exactly the same experience as your wife. What they told you is the same as what they told me. My old passport has only 4 years due to expiration date. So on my GNIB card, they just gave me one year stamp to compensate the balance of 5 years. So basically, I have to go back next year to get another 4 years since my passport will expire after 4 years. What they need are marriage cert, utility bills, my passport, old GNIB card and of course my husband is present too. It will be the same requirements as when I renew it next year. I don't think you don't have to worry if your wife is working or not. As long as you have requirements, they'll be fine.

Hope my information helps:)

BOPOH
Newly Registered

Post by BOPOH » Fri May 04, 2012 8:50 am

Hi filish11 and thank you for your reply. Well, your list of required documents is way shorter than mine. That's why i am a bit confused. They told us to bring tons of documents, i.e.: proof of FAS registration, proof of any courses/classes taken, any jobs taken plus all what you have listed with contact details and dates. Weird... :shock:

jerzy
Newly Registered

Post by jerzy » Fri May 04, 2012 11:14 am

I wonder if anyone tried to make a complaint and demand to receive Stamp 4EUFam for 5 years as it should be. Passport expiry date is not an excuse to issue a GNIB card for a shorter period.

My demand is still being processed in SOLVIT system as my wife received Stamp 4EUFam for only 6 months (due to the passport expiry date) as well as we don't want the passport to be stamped as it's not an obligation to receive Stamp 4EUFam according to the Directive.

IQU
Diamond Member

Post by IQU » Fri May 04, 2012 11:24 pm

[quote="BOPOH"]Hi filish11 and thank you for your reply. Well, your list of required documents is way shorter than mine. That's why i am a bit confused. They told us to bring tons of documents, i.e.: proof of FAS registration, proof of any courses/classes taken, any jobs taken plus all what you have listed with contact details and dates. Weird... :shock:[/quote] AS SPOUSE OF IRISH NATIONAL IS DIFFERENT REQUIREMENT.YOU ARE UNDER EU TREATY RIGHTS ITS MORE DETAILS WWW.INIS.GOV.IE