ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transit Visa/Schengen visa confused

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Transit Visa/Schengen visa confused

Post by Hakim1984 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi all,

My Moroccan Wife who has a spouse UK visa, well we want to go see the family in August (morocco) but we want to drive down by car with my family via France and Spain. I have been told I need to get a transit visa, we will proably spend 24 hours in france and around 24 in spain.

Where do I apply for this visa? france embassy? spain embassy? uk Embassy? how much do they cost? Again we are only passing through not looking to spend holiday there not yet anyway.

Thanks for reading

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:23 pm

Just to add I am British born

ca.funke
Belgium

Re: Transit Visa/Schengen visa confused

Post by ca.funke » Fri May 04, 2012 3:36 pm

Hakim1984 wrote:Where do I apply for this visa?
How are your planning to go back to the UK? Flying directly, or driving back via Spain/France?

I assume driving back.

Your wife will need to apply for a dual-entry visa with the French embassy in the UK.

This will allow you to enter the Schengen-area twice, once arriving from the UK to France, and on the way back to enter Spain from Morocco.

Since you are British, the visa will be issued free of charge.

Rgds, Christian

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: Transit Visa/Schengen visa confused

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 4:31 pm

Hakim1984 wrote:...I have been told I need to get a transit visa...
Technically, you do not need a transit visa as the spouse of an EU national. (How you would get to enforce that would be another matter all together.)

However, you are not actually transiting, but entering, you will need a visa. French in this case.

Hakim1984
Newly Registered

Post by Hakim1984 » Thu May 10, 2012 4:31 pm

Thanks guys,

at the moment we are not sure if we are flying back or driving back (depends on my parents on what there plans are doing as they may stop in france for a week holiday) we will be most likely flying back though.

so would we just ring up the french embassy for an appointment, the Visa for her will be free? i like that! :)