ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR document evidences

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

fatbudha2012
Newly Registered

ILR document evidences

Post by fatbudha2012 » Fri May 04, 2012 3:27 pm

Hello,
Can any one guide me to understand, how I go about calculating the days out from UK. The passport stamping is not very tidy and clear.

Is this something we need to prepare, or can this be easily found out by the Home office from their systems.

Also is the day of travel and day of return, calculated as being out from the country.

Thanks in advance.

Tats

Post by Tats » Fri May 04, 2012 4:09 pm

From their system, they should easily know when you returned to the UK. but as there are no exit stamps, it may be difficult for the CW to know when you left the country. Meaning that they may be unable to know how long you were away. The stamp on your passport at your destination could give an idea of when you left. You will need to prepare a document indicating your exit and entry dates, destination, etc.

My understanding is that any day you are physically present in the UK is not counted as being away and i want to believe that it is correct.
See link to a post which provides some guidance.
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378

Smam

Post by Smam » Fri May 04, 2012 5:02 pm

Hi

To the very best of my knowledge I would advice you to ask for a SAR report from the UKBA and specially mentioned that you want to see your Date of Arrivals and Exits in that report and just try to match it from your passport I am sure you'll get a near enough idea I know I really agree with you with the fact that some times most of the exit and entry stamps are just not very clear on the PP.

Hope this will answer your question.