ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Due date

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rubzah
Newly Registered

ILR Due date

Post by rubzah » Fri May 04, 2012 3:51 am

Hi,

I am on HSMP+Tier 1 General in this country.

I need to know the date when I am eligible for ILR. My dates are as under;

1-Date of Entry Clearance Visa : 05 Sep 2007
2-Date of Entry in UK: 20 Oct 2007
3-Date of Residence Permit(Extn): 12 Sep 2010
4-Date of Residence Permit Expiry : 12 Sep 2012

As you can see, I came to UK after 28 days. I know the settlement IDI is confusing.

Will the date be 28 days before point 1? or it will be 28 days before point 4. If it is 28 days before my fifth anniversary of arriving in UK then I have to go for an extension of visa.

Need advise.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri May 04, 2012 6:30 am

You shouldn't need another extension. 28 days before point 1.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

guessmewhoswho
Newly Registered

Post by guessmewhoswho » Fri May 04, 2012 7:27 pm

I believe you can apply on or after (First Visa start date + FIVE YEARS) - 28 days......provided you entered in the UK within three months of the start date.

But how can you have more than five years visa....your first visa issued on 5th Sept 2007 until 5th Sept 2010 and should have next extension visa until 5th Sept 2012....not sure how would you get until 12th Sept 2012?

rubzah
Newly Registered

Post by rubzah » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:35 pm

vinny wrote:You shouldn't need another extension. 28 days before point 1.
Hi Vinny,

Can I apply through PEO? or I have to send my applicantion via post. As per your advise, I have already booked an appointment at PEO for 8 Aug 2012.

If, however, you feel that the only way for application is postal, I can cancel my appointment and send the application by post.

Need your advise.

Thanks

Rubzah