ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Application Timelines - ONLY 1 TOPIC - UpToDate

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JJ03
Newly Registered

Post by JJ03 » Thu May 03, 2012 12:03 pm

jayven wrote:EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA = 02 may 12
RC = no news

Hey Jayven, at last the long wait is over. Glad you've taken one giant step. Was it back dated? And are you permited to seek employment?

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Thu May 03, 2012 12:32 pm

@ goodies

same reply on the phone and email

''I have forwarded your request, for a Certificate of Application, to the team where your application is currently located.''

greatscott
United Kingdom

Post by greatscott » Thu May 03, 2012 12:52 pm

marz wrote:@ goodies

same reply on the phone and email

''I have forwarded your request, for a Certificate of Application, to the team where your application is currently located.''
no COA since 6/12/11.....crickey, thats completely unacceptable.

--HO 20/2
--COA ??

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Thu May 03, 2012 3:06 pm

sharing personal xperience ,might b helpful

when i sent an email to

liverpooleuro.passportreturns@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

never got a rply

then i sent email to

liverpooleuro.passportreturns@ukba.gsi.gov.uk

got a reply within 4 hrs but intrsting part is the rply is from the 1st email addrss.

dnt know it make sense but i think i shd share

flashware

Post by flashware » Thu May 03, 2012 3:16 pm

marz wrote:sharing personal xperience ,might b helpful

when i sent an email to

never got a rply

then i sent email to

got a reply within 4 hrs but intrsting part is the rply is from the 1st email addrss.

What information do you need to send to them to get your passports back? I sent in my app a week ago and have some business travel that I need to do, so need to try and get it back ASAP. (I knew this was going to happen!)
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Thu May 03, 2012 4:30 pm

@ flashware

DO NOT EMAIL TO GET YOUR PASSPORT/S BACK , U MUST CALL
ON 0845 010 5200

and info u req
the applicant’s full name
date of birth
Recorded or Special Delivery number
the date on which the application was posted
the Home Office reference number if you one

v got our passports bk in 4 ''working'' days,

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Thu May 03, 2012 4:35 pm

i sent email coz i hv changed my address and informed them by post , in writing , i was worried as no CoA and no confirmation that they record chage of address.
No CoA but its 5 months now so CoA of no use for me now, but thankfuly gt cnfrmation tht dy hv recorded the chnge of addrss.

reda
Member of Standing

Post by reda » Thu May 03, 2012 4:50 pm

marz wrote:i sent email coz i hv changed my address and informed them by post , in writing , i was worried as no CoA and no confirmation that they record chage of address.
No CoA but its 5 months now so CoA of no use for me now, but thankfuly gt cnfrmation tht dy hv recorded the chnge of addrss.
may be your CoA sent to your old address,sometimes HO mix the address even if they told you they update your details.
in your case there is no room for email them,you have to call them.

marz
Newly Registered

Post by marz » Thu May 03, 2012 6:01 pm

@ reda

nothing at old addrss,
ll wait till 7th of June

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Thu May 03, 2012 7:20 pm

hello all,

just saw this on my way home from work. It might explain why we suddenly see a freeze on RCs being issued(December applicants)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17943589

It seems the Home office has had an IT faliure, this might have NOTHING to do with EEA applicants but its logical to think it is affecting it although we have no proof at all

We dont know if the systems are linked or completely independent but reading it leads me to believe they are
EEA 4 applied - 15th November 2015
COA received - 18 Jan
Application Refused: 15th of April
Appeal: 16th of April
Reconsideration Letter sent: 16th April
Reapplied EEA 4: 24th October 2016
Payment Taken: 28th October 2016
RC: 23 May 2017

jayven

Post by jayven » Fri May 04, 2012 12:06 am

[quote="JJ03"][quote="jayven"]EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA = 02 may 12
RC = no news[/quote]

Hey Jayven, at last the long wait is over. Glad you've taken one giant step. Was it back dated? And are you permited to seek employment?[/quote]

i think yes! the COA still at my lawyer office ! my lawyer will send it for me soon! i will lets u know !!but i have asked my lawyer abt it ! he said yes i can take employment! but i will tell u when i received it! hope your come soon!! i had been waiting for 3months for my Coa ! finally yes ! i can work now yes! goodluck mate

goodies

Post by goodies » Fri May 04, 2012 10:50 am

Good day my fellow members , we pray today we hear a lot of good news.
EEA2 sent 21/12/2011
COA received 19/01/2012
RC ???????????

With God all things are possible.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri May 04, 2012 10:56 am

+1
COA received - 18 Jan

JJ03
Newly Registered

Post by JJ03 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:08 pm

Samelamin wrote:hello all,

just saw this on my way home from work. It might explain why we suddenly see a freeze on RCs being issued(December applicants)

It seems the Home office has had an IT faliure, this might have NOTHING to do with EEA applicants but its logical to think it is affecting it although we have no proof at all

We dont know if the systems are linked or completely independent but reading it leads me to believe they are
You are right this could hold some bit of water and explain the slow process. Some time back, there was a hack into the HO system by the activists but the authorities calmed the nation and said it caused minor damage. So you never know coupled with this BBC report, it could be the actual reason.

JJ03
Newly Registered

Post by JJ03 » Fri May 04, 2012 12:32 pm

jayven wrote:
JJ03 wrote:
jayven wrote:EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA = 02 may 12
RC = no news

Hey Jayven, at last the long wait is over. Glad you've taken one giant step. Was it back dated? And are you permited to seek employment?
i think yes! the COA still at my lawyer office ! my lawyer will send it for me soon! i will lets u know !!but i have asked my lawyer abt it ! he said yes i can take employment! but i will tell u when i received it! hope your come soon!! i had been waiting for 3months for my Coa ! finally yes ! i can work now yes! goodluck mate
That sounds positive,and thanks for the best wishes. You can now hit the streets and join the Revenue/Tax club :) Happy for you mate. I will keep an eye out for mine though i won't stress on it to be honest. I have nothing lined up in the next three months so i will remain calm and relaxed. However after August i will lose it and rise hell if my door post keeps fliping with no RC in sight.

gemz_nz
Newly Registered

Post by gemz_nz » Fri May 04, 2012 12:53 pm

New to the boards so thought I would update you all with my time line.

My partner is Irish and I am from NZ. My working visa runs out end of June, so am getting a little worried now.

Jan 6th - sent to HO
Jan 9th - HO received
Jan 26th - Application sent back asking for more info
Jan 30th - Sent back to HO
Jan 31st - HO recieved
Feb 10th - Requested Passports
Feb 21st - Passports received along with COA & my partners residence card (he's Irish anyway). Also with a letter stating that we do not need to send out passports back in unless they are requested.
March 28th - Emailed them to see any update, their response was:

Good Afternoon.

According to our records, your application has been allocated to a team for consideration.

Kind regards

Euro

May 4th - Emailed again with any update. Their response this time was:

Good Afternoon,

Please be advised that application progress reports will not be given by this office, as this diverts resources away from the case working process.

Kind regards

Euro

- So there, a long timeline & since my visa is up end of June, i am getting more and more nervous. My flatmates went through this process a year or so ago & they got their RC within a month!

Fingers crossed we all fnid out soon :D :D

flashware

Post by flashware » Fri May 04, 2012 1:14 pm

gemz_nz wrote:New to the boards so thought I would update you all with my time line.

My partner is Irish and I am from NZ. My working visa runs out end of June, so am getting a little worried now.

Jan 6th - sent to HO
Jan 9th - HO received
Jan 26th - Application sent back asking for more info
Jan 30th - Sent back to HO
Jan 31st - HO recieved
Feb 10th - Requested Passports
Feb 21st - Passports received along with COA & my partners residence card (he's Irish anyway). Also with a letter stating that we do not need to send out passports back in unless they are requested.
March 28th - Emailed them to see any update, their response was:

Good Afternoon.

According to our records, your application has been allocated to a team for consideration.

Kind regards

Euro

May 4th - Emailed again with any update. Their response this time was:

Good Afternoon,

Please be advised that application progress reports will not be given by this office, as this diverts resources away from the case working process.

Kind regards

Euro

- So there, a long timeline & since my visa is up end of June, i am getting more and more nervous. My flatmates went through this process a year or so ago & they got their RC within a month!

Fingers crossed we all fnid out soon :D :D
Given you have the COA though that shouldn't be a problem with working even once your visa runs out from what I've seen. The only issue may be in terms of leaving / re-entering the country.
EEA2 Submitted: 26/04/12
Received by HO: 27/04/12
Passport requested: 8/5/12
Passport received: 17/5/12
COA received: 17/5/12
RC sent: 21/09/12

jayven

Post by jayven » Fri May 04, 2012 2:28 pm

That sounds positive,and thanks for the best wishes. You can now hit the streets and join the Revenue/Tax club :) Happy for you mate. I will keep an eye out for mine though i won't stress on it to be honest. I have nothing lined up in the next three months so i will remain calm and relaxed. However after August i will lose it and rise hell if my door post keeps fliping with no RC in sight.[/quote]

hi finally my COA in my hands!
EEA2 sent = 02 feb 12
HO received = 03 feb 12
COA received =03 may 12 ( status date = 25 april 12 )
RC = hope soon ! finger cross
right to work = yes

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri May 04, 2012 2:36 pm

atleast we are seeing some movement which is good

bring on the flood of RCs for December applicants
COA received - 18 Jan

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 5:01 pm

Completely different type of application.

Samelamin
Member of Standing
Sudan

Post by Samelamin » Fri May 04, 2012 5:18 pm

EUsmileWEallsmile wrote:

Completely different type of application.
I know its a different application but the laws change recently to say we need to take biometric tests and I would assume they all share the same system now
COA received - 18 Jan

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 8:31 pm

gemz_nz wrote: My partner is Irish and I am from NZ.

My working visa runs out end of June, so am getting a little worried now. You have no need to worry you have COA.

Jan 6th - sent to HO You are entitled to request priority after three months.
Jan 9th - HO received

...Passports received along with COA...... Great you have COA, use this to show your employer.

So there, a long timeline & since my visa is up end of June, i am getting more and more nervous... You have nothing to worry about
I've made some comments above.

You are not a visa national, traveling for you should be a breeze.

You have COA, you can use that to demonstrate entitlement to work.

Your residence card will come in the format of a rather unwieldy A4 piece of paper.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 8:31 pm

Samelamin wrote: I know its a different application but the laws change recently to say we need to take biometric tests and I would assume they all share the same system now
Does not apply to EU family members.

CondorVilla
Newly Registered

Post by CondorVilla » Fri May 04, 2012 8:40 pm

DEFINITELY call - I ended up waiting almost a month for my passports because I chose to email 3 times before calling. Even then, I had to call 3 times.

Use this number so you don't have to pay the 0845 cost: 0151 672 5626

Note that it will ring about 20 times before an answering service picks up. Despite what it says (the recording is not very clear), press 2 then 1. You will be on hold for a long time (10-15 mins for me each time) - at one point a recording about using the website will come on, followed by a beep, followed by a silence but don't worry, just keep staying on hold.
flashware wrote:
marz wrote:sharing personal xperience ,might b helpful

when i sent an email to

never got a rply

then i sent email to

What information do you need to send to them to get your passports back? I sent in my app a week ago and have some business travel that I need to do, so need to try and get it back ASAP. (I knew this was going to happen!)

Giffnock77
Newly Registered

COA not accepted for eligibility to work

Post by Giffnock77 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:08 pm

Thanks to inventors of this board. It has been extremely useful. I need direction or guidance with an issue I am having. My contract for work terminated in January of this year shortly before my EEA Family Permit expired. Shortly after that I immediately submitted my EEA 2 for my RC. Please see below. I received the COA within a reasonable time period and have been using this to apply for jobs. I successfully completed two interview process and got accepted for both positions but when I produced the COA for eligibility for employment in UK, I was advised by both prospective employers that they need my actual passport with the RC. This is frustrating given the fact my COA allows me to work. The good news is that one of the employer has confirmed job placement with the company once I can produce the RC. I have emailed the Home Office regarding this and query of my RC and was advised that they will forward my query to the appropriate team. This has been a week now and no response. If anyone has guidance or direction has to how to deal with this, please let me know. It's much inconvenience and it's difficult to proof to an employer your eligibility with just a piece of letter. I somehow wish the Home Office followed the same guidelines like the States offering an employment authorization card during the process - this would alleviate these situations. Thanks in advance for your guidance. :)

EEA2 mailed: 27/01/2012
Received by HO: 31/01/2012
COA Received: 17/02/2012
RC Received: ????