ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Claiming benefits whilst waiting for EEA2 and EEA3

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haringnl83
Newly Registered

Claiming benefits whilst waiting for EEA2 and EEA3

Post by haringnl83 » Fri May 04, 2012 10:51 pm

First my background.. I am Dutch and my husband in Vietnamese. We live with 2 young children, one aged 8 months (our daughter) and another aged 3 years (my husband's daughter and my step daughter). I have lived in the UK since I was a child (since 1986), my father was working here. Since then I went to school here, went to uni here and have worked here. I went traveling and met my husband, now we live in the UK since a month ago. I was away from the UK for less than 2 years so should still be able to apply for permanent residence on the grounds that my father was working here for 23 years, including when I was a minor living with my parents. We applied by my permanent residence and my husband and his daughter's resident card at the same time a couple of weeks ago. We now have to wait their decision. Both of us are not working, however my husband really wants to work as soon as possible. We want to go to the jobcentre to register him today. I am aware that he is unable to apply for jobseekers allowance. However money is very, very tight now and we don't know how long it will be until he can find a job.

If we apply for benefits (housing benefit, council tax benefit, child tax credits, child benefit, income support) would that affect either my EEA3 application or my husband's EEA2 application? I have never claimed any benefits before. I have heard conflicting reports on whether it would affect anything so I would like to know for sure.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 10:54 pm

If you have PR, then no affect on your application.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Fri May 04, 2012 10:57 pm