ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help on applying for ILR. Over 18 dependent child

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

newyo
Newly Registered

Help on applying for ILR. Over 18 dependent child

Post by newyo » Sat May 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Hi

My father got his work permit at sep 2007, and then enter the UK at Oct 2007, I have got my dependent visa at sep 2008, enter the UK at 2008.
and now I am 18.

There are a few question that I want to ask.

1) I have not been to the UK for 5 years (only 4 years), but my father did, will I still be able to apply for ILR?

2)We are not allowed to apply for ILR 28 days earlier than finishing the qualification period. does it mean 28 days before the visa issued date or 28 days before he first entree the UK using this visa?

3)As I am over 18, I will need to apply individually, I do not have any income but the form requires all applicants to provide evidence of finance. What should I do?

Thanks for your helps
Rob

dimsav

Re: Help on applying for ILR. Over 18 dependent child

Post by dimsav » Sat May 05, 2012 8:50 pm

newyo wrote: 1) I have not been to the UK for 5 years (only 4 years), but my father did, will I still be able to apply for ILR?
Yes, no problems at all, as WP dependants do not have such a residential requirement.
2)We are not allowed to apply for ILR 28 days earlier than finishing the qualification period. does it mean 28 days before the visa issued date or 28 days before he first entree the UK using this visa?
5 years from his first entry, and minus 28 days, but not later than the end of your current visa.
3)As I am over 18, I will need to apply individually, I do not have any income but the form requires all applicants to provide evidence of finance. What should I do?
To avoid any trouble, you must apply simultaneously with your father (who will be the main applicant), but on a separate form SET(O), and pay the full fee. Important thing is to prove that you are still dependent on your family, in a sense of not leading an independent life. (Search the forum, there is a lot of advice already available.)

newyo
Newly Registered

Post by newyo » Sat May 05, 2012 9:48 pm

When my father is booking online, what option should we choose?
Thanks

dimsav

Post by dimsav » Sat May 05, 2012 10:42 pm

newyo wrote:When my father is booking online, what option should we choose?
You should get two appointments! One for your father ("family" option if applying with a dependant spouse and children until 18 ) and the other one is for you.

Actually, I would suggest getting appointments over phone -- it is easy to describe the situation, and also ask for two slots, not separated much in time...