ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefit after ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rajapk2012
Newly Registered

Benefit after ILR

Post by Rajapk2012 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:15 pm

I recently got ILR on 10 years stay basis, my wife and one daughter are with me on Tier1 dependant visa , for daughter i am going to apply for british citizen as she born in uk and 2 year old and for wife i am applying in 2-3 weeks time FLR(M)

My question is i was on full time employment up to jan 2012 and was earning 30K but job finished and since january 2012 i have only part time job only can earn £300-£400 per month , trying to find job but for last 4 month my passport was with home office so couldnot get full time job and donot know how long it will take to find job in future,

Should i apply for benefit? will it effect my wife FLR(M)? or daughter Naturlization? as wife is still on Tier 1 dependant visa exp Jan 2013 and not allowed to take public benefit and also she donot have job either and expecting baby in nov-dec this year,

Many thanks in advance

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat May 05, 2012 9:35 pm

Read this thread

how do you propose to meet the maintenance requirements for FLR(M) with an income of only £400 per month? Unless you have significant savings you will need to claim benefits/find better paid/supplementary employment or your wife will need to work in order to meet the requirements.

Rajapk2012
Newly Registered

Post by Rajapk2012 » Sun May 06, 2012 9:13 am

Is there any maintenanace fund requirement as i donot have any saving, in form FLR-M there is no such a reqquirement mentioned,

Thanks

Greenie wrote:Read this thread

how do you propose to meet the maintenance requirements for FLR(M) with an income of only £400 per month? Unless you have significant savings you will need to claim benefits/find better paid/supplementary employment or your wife will need to work in order to meet the requirements.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 09, 2012 8:33 am

Of course there is a maintenance requirement. See guidance