ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

unpaid bills check

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tywang2006

unpaid bills check

Post by tywang2006 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:25 am

Hi, I am gonna apply for ILR. How can I check whether or not I got unpaid bills. Someone said it was very important for its application. Thanks in advance:)

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 am

I do not think there should be any effect on your ILR, as long as there are no CCJ, or other legal proceedings against you.

Moderators, please correct me if I am wrong.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

tywang2006

Post by tywang2006 » Sun May 06, 2012 12:16 pm

nnj10 wrote:I do not think there should be any effect on your ILR, as long as there are no CCJ, or other legal proceedings against you.

Moderators, please correct me if I am wrong.
I didnt whether there are CCJ. how can I know that? thanks

I even didnt know whether i got unpaid bills cos of my previous landlord.

anyway after moving out, i didnt get any letter from utility firm on any bill issue. Can i know whether i owe the debt or not

handeesmurf
Newly Registered

Post by handeesmurf » Sun May 06, 2012 4:30 pm

Have you ever been to court or found guilty by court if your answer is no then you don't need to worried about this issue but please pay your bills.... don't worry too much about co-habilitation documents

you can provide them following

Electric, gas or water bill
Telephone or Sky bill
Council Tax
Tenancy agreement
Joint bank statements
pay slips of you and your partner on same address
Any official document having you and your partner names on can be used as co-habilitation

tywang2006

Post by tywang2006 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:02 pm

I just checked my credit record. No CCJ. but i found debt and utility company had ever check my credit about one year ago in the history. However, in the past year, i didnt get any letters from them for any unpaid bills. I am worry about it and not sure whether or not it will affect my futural applying for ILR.

tywang2006

Post by tywang2006 » Sun May 06, 2012 6:38 pm

handeesmurf wrote:Have you ever been to court or found guilty by court if your answer is no then you don't need to worried about this issue but please pay your bills.... don't worry too much about co-habilitation documents

you can provide them following

Electric, gas or water bill
Telephone or Sky bill
Council Tax
Tenancy agreement
Joint bank statements
pay slips of you and your partner on same address
Any official document having you and your partner names on can be used as co-habilitation
I am single and gonna apply for ILR next year. my previous visa is 3+2 tier1 general.

tywang2006

Post by tywang2006 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:08 pm

tywang2006 wrote:I just checked my credit record. No CCJ. but i found debt and utility company had ever check my credit about one year ago(utility firm did once in oct 2010, debt collector did third times, its final one in May 2011, after that, no any checking history from them) in the history. However, in the past year(05,2011-05,2012, I dont have any letters from them), i didnt get any letters from them for any unpaid bills. I am worry about it and not sure whether or not it will affect my futural applying for ILR.
I am very worry about those history will affect my application.

handeesmurf
Newly Registered

Post by handeesmurf » Sun May 06, 2012 10:15 pm

well I am confident this will not effect your application, here some advice

If you were with BT or British gas or Council , call each of them and ask them if they had any thing on their records with your name and address on it.

I am not sure what unpaid bill you are referring here but whoever they are just call them and check with them.....

tywang2006

Post by tywang2006 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:57 pm

handeesmurf wrote:well I am confident this will not effect your application, here some advice

If you were with BT or British gas or Council , call each of them and ask them if they had any thing on their records with your name and address on it.

I am not sure what unpaid bill you are referring here but whoever they are just call them and check with them.....
Its a little complex cos I dont know who they are. all bills is included in the rent to landlord:) in the history, they are set to be "enquire" without any details like its name.

sufferhead
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by sufferhead » Mon May 07, 2012 4:26 am

@ twang2006

Paying bill or not as nothing to do with your ILR application, as long as you don't have criminal record (unspent conviction by the court). Even if you owe any utility company when you make your application you will still be ok.
nothing united in United Nation.

tywang2006

Post by tywang2006 » Mon May 07, 2012 4:46 pm

sufferhead wrote:@ twang2006

Paying bill or not as nothing to do with your ILR application, as long as you don't have criminal record (unspent conviction by the court). Even if you owe any utility company when you make your application you will still be ok.
Thank you very much:)