ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Docs for naturalisation as married to BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingcedz
Newly Registered

Docs for naturalisation as married to BC

Post by kingcedz » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:51 am

I m applying for naturalisation soon but have a question about the docs to supply on the basis of marriage to a BC.

My wife has just attended the citizenship ceremony but not applied passport. Will I need to supply her current foreign passport with her naturalisation certificate as proof?

The AN notes says passport or birth certificate or naturalisation certificate, but the last page of application form says passport or birth certification and no mentioning of naturalisation certificat.

I m going to use NCS but on the phone they also mentioned I need to bring my wife's passport but I forgot to ask the, what if my wife doesn't have a UK passport but only the naturalisation certificate.

A bit confused.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:55 am

A naturalisation certificate is proof of British citizenship. A (foreign) passport is proof of identity. Together should be acceptable.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zee313

Post by zee313 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:09 pm

hi i have a question related to this if you can help, if sending via NCS does my wife need to accompany me to the NCS or can i take her passport or birth certificate and get it checked without her being there?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 06, 2012 8:31 pm

zee313 wrote:hi i have a question related to this if you can help, if sending via NCS does my wife need to accompany me to the NCS or can i take her passport or birth certificate and get it checked without her being there?
She doesn't need to be there. Only the documents are required.