ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa to Ireland

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bunvis
Newly Registered

Visa to Ireland

Post by bunvis » Sun May 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Hi, need to know if I need a visa to visit Ireland alone from UK by referencing S.I. No. 345 of 2011. Immigration Act 2004 (Visas) (No. 2) Order 2011, I am a visa required national and presently hold a valid UK residence card of a family member of an EEA national

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 06, 2012 4:07 pm

No visa required. Have you read the SI?

bunvis
Newly Registered

Post by bunvis » Sun May 06, 2012 5:03 pm

I did read it but still was in doubt as travelling alone and also embassy website showing I need visa in FAQ

EUsmileWEallsmile

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun May 06, 2012 7:37 pm

Ok, interestingly, although the EU directive states that you need to be accompanying or joining, the SI does not appear to place such restrictions on the holder.

bunvis
Newly Registered

Post by bunvis » Sun May 06, 2012 8:01 pm

That's why I was concerned coz I'm only going to visit as I will not be accompanied or going to join my eu spouse to Ireland

bunvis
Newly Registered

Post by bunvis » Sun May 06, 2012 8:50 pm

I hope ryanair not create any problems and let me board as I doubt they would be aware of each points of SI

bunvis
Newly Registered

Post by bunvis » Thu May 10, 2012 4:08 pm

Can some plz advise me in this. I got a reply from Irish embassy as below:-

EU Regulations specify that certain family members should be issued with a document called a "Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen". Please see Article 10 of the Directive 38/2004 http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 123:EN:PDF
Irish Immigration Regulations classify "non-nationals who are family members of a Union citizen and holders of a document called “Residence card of a family member of a Union citizen”, as referred to in Article 10 of the Directive of 2004" as not requiring a visa to enter Ireland.
Please see link to SI 345 of 2011 http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Ir ... nformation

Unfortunately, the UK authorities do not follow the exact wording covered by the Directive. The Residence card issued by the UK is called a "Residence card of a family member of an EEA National"
While controls have been relaxed in recent months, entry to Ireland remains at the discretion of an Immigration Officer at the port of entry and while your residence card is called "Residence card of a family member of an EEA National", and that is a matter for the UK Authorities, an Immigration Officer may accept that the residence card issued to you has been issued pursuant to Article 10 of the EU Directive of 2004.
However, if you wish to apply for a visa it will be processed free of charge on production of your original marriage certificate, with a certified translation if not in English, and your spouse's passport.
Please see our website for how to apply, processing times, etc: http://www.embassyofireland.co.uk/home/ ... x?id=33732.

Does anyone has any similar experience with UK issued residence of eea family member visiting Ireland alone? Now I can not apply for a seprate visa as it will not be processed in 1 week I think as I need now