ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

non EU + EU spouse traveling to turkey

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

aluter

non EU + EU spouse traveling to turkey

Post by aluter » Sun May 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Hello there,

I applied for my RC 16th feb and have received the coa. I will be traveling to turkey with my eu husband mid june. I have just read on the turkish consulate website for london and it says for my nationality(passport) i need to give 6-8week minimum to get a tourist visa!!!

I did not know it will take this long or would have requested for passport ages ago. going to ring the consulate on tuesday but for now i was wondering if someone can give me peace of mind about not needing a visa before going to turkey since i have a valid visa for the uk(student) and i will be travelling with my spouse. Is that possible????

:(

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun May 06, 2012 10:21 pm

aluter

Post by aluter » Sun May 06, 2012 11:40 pm

Thank you Jambo for your reply. I have looked at the link provided in the visiting turkey post but still need something cleared.

So without my RC can i use my student visa which expires next year to get a visa at the airport in turkey?.

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 am

aluter wrote:Thank you Jambo for your reply. I have looked at the link provided in the visiting turkey post but still need something cleared.

So without my RC can i use my student visa which expires next year to get a visa at the airport in turkey?.
Hi, it's all about your country of origin, if your country need visa then yes you have to get visa before you fly, I had the same situation,
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

zubby007
Member of Standing

Post by zubby007 » Mon May 07, 2012 12:53 am

So without my RC can i use my student visa which expires next year to get a visa at the airport in turkey?.[/quote]

I doubt if that idea will work, I know for sure with EEA residence permit and flying with Turkish airline then Fine you get your Visa on arrival, but with just S-visa or EEA spouse accompany I doubt it, since Turkey is not a member State of the EU.
I'll recommend you to get in touch with the Turkish embassy in UK you never know.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Mon May 07, 2012 8:54 am

aluter wrote:So without my RC can i use my student visa which expires next year to get a visa at the airport in turkey?.
Hi aluter,

The thing that matters most is your nationality. For some nationalities the visa requirement depends on whether you have a OECD-country residence-permit or visa. So a UK-residence-permit would do.

Although I have strong reason to believe that you are female and married to a Portugese national, I still don´t know your nationality.

If I´m right your >>Portugese husband may obtain a Turkish visa on arrival<< (from my experience he will have to pay EUR 15).

Not knowing your nationality you will have to check that yourself with >>TIMATIC<< or the >>Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs<<.

Regards and good luck,
Christian

aluter

Post by aluter » Mon May 07, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks for all your replies. I will give them a ring tomorrow to book an appointment. hopefully it doesn't take more than a month for them to process it all.

mEEA

Post by mEEA » Mon May 07, 2012 2:29 pm

If you are a visa national for Turkey then you need to apply and get a visa. Being a visa national in this case or not is independent from number and type of visas you already hold for other countries. It is solely defined by your country of origin.

For info about who needs a visa and who not look at the official websiteof ministry of foreign affairs of Turkey.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Tue May 08, 2012 12:38 am

ONLY within the EU/EEA you have special rights to travel with your Residence Card (no visa required) and even with your marriage certificate.

aluter

Post by aluter » Tue May 08, 2012 10:06 am

Thanks everyone for the reply. I have tried ringing them and for 1 hour worth of mins still could not get through to anyone. And the earlest appointment i can find is 4 working days in june before my sheduled date of departure. I feel so gutted because was meant to be attending a friends wedding.

Do not know what to do. Even if my RC card arrives before this date, does it mean i can not travel and then get the visa at the port on entry - .

:( :( :(

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue May 08, 2012 10:12 am

aluter wrote:...Even if my RC card arrives before this date, does it mean i can not travel and then get the visa at the port on entry...
As before, this depends on your nationality, which you don´t seem to want to reveal.

If you continue not telling us your nationality, you can still check it yourself on the Turkish ministry of foreign affairs´ >>website<<.

Any new questions :?: ;)

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:44 pm

ca.funke wrote:
aluter wrote:...Even if my RC card arrives before this date, does it mean i can not travel and then get the visa at the port on entry...
As before, this depends on your nationality, which you don´t seem to want to reveal.

If you continue not telling us your nationality, you can still check it yourself on the Turkish ministry of foreign affairs´ >>website<<.

Any new questions :?: ;)
Hi,
I have got similar problem. I am Pakistani national living in UK and holding EEA residence card from a my French wife. But I will have to travel to Turkey next month to meet my sister's family as they they are coming over there for tour. I thought to join them. Can I get Turkish visit visa at Turkish Airport if I hold a Residence card? as my wife is not travelling with me because her grand mother is going through an operation in France. So she has to be there. Please someone can tell me that do I have to apply Turkish visa at Turkish consulate London or I can get visa at Turkish airport as I am travelling alone ?

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue May 08, 2012 7:57 pm

horizon1985 wrote:...I am Pakistani national living in UK and holding EEA residence card...travel to Turkey...Can I get Turkish visit visa at Turkish Airport if I hold a Residence card?
>>Turkish ministry of foreign affiars<< wrote:Pakistan: (...)Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary passport holders with a valid Schengen, OECD member's visa or residence permit may get their one month single entry visas at the Turkish border gates upon their arrival.
The UK is part of the OECD. Anything else unclear? :)

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Tue May 08, 2012 8:01 pm

The OP revealed his nationality to me in a PM.

I asked for permission to publish it, but didn´t get a reply, so I won´t.

I don´t understand why, but I can´t change it...

What remains is very clear and easy: If you want to know your entry-requirement for Turkey, you can find it on the >>website of the Ministry of foreign affairs of Turkey<<.

That´s all there is to say about this.

If this threads needs re-opening, please PM me. I think all has been said.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed May 09, 2012 1:12 pm

sorry for closing this, didn´t know there is so much more doubt...
horizon1985 wrote:...But can you tell me if they would create any problem as I am travelling alone? Also my RC issued me on Immigration Status documents because my passport expired in the possession of Home office. I tried to find out information but Turkish consulate websites doesn't say anywhere about directly to EEA RC holder visa requirement. As you mentioned OECD , I suppose if this refer to EEA/EU countries. Do I really need to have RC on my passport or I can travel with my Immigration Status documents and my new passport? I would appreciate answers from anybody.

Thanks

aluter

Post by aluter » Wed May 09, 2012 1:20 pm

It is funny how come nationalities can get their visa at the port if they have a valid residence permit that is issued in the UK and while some can't but with the same residence permit.

For 2 days I have been trying to get a hold of someone from the Turkish embassy in London but no one ever picks up.

Anyways I may not be able to go to turkey after all because I still do not know exactly how long it will take to process the visa and since the only appointment i could get is only 4 days before our departure date.

aluter

Post by aluter » Wed May 09, 2012 1:21 pm

ca.funke wrote:sorry for closing this, didn´t know there is so much more doubt...
horizon1985 wrote:...But can you tell me if they would create any problem as I am travelling alone? Also my RC issued me on Immigration Status documents because my passport expired in the possession of Home office. I tried to find out information but Turkish consulate websites doesn't say anywhere about directly to EEA RC holder visa requirement. As you mentioned OECD , I suppose if this refer to EEA/EU countries. Do I really need to have RC on my passport or I can travel with my Immigration Status documents and my new passport? I would appreciate answers from anybody.

Thanks
I do not understand why it is being closed tho???

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed May 09, 2012 1:36 pm

horizon1985 wrote:...But can you tell me if they would create any problem as I am travelling alone?
I do not actively know from experience, but from what they write on their website travelling alone has no influence on anything.
horizon1985 wrote:Also my RC issued me on Immigration Status documents because my passport expired in the possession of Home office. I tried to find out information but Turkish consulate websites doesn't say anywhere about directly to EEA RC holder visa requirement.
I´m trying to understand what you write above, but I do not. I assume you are saying "my RC is on a separate piece of paper, because my passport expired"...

I think it doesn´t matter, and what the Turkish ministry writes is pretty simple and should remain valid in any case:
>>Turkish ministry of foreign affiars<< wrote:Pakistan: (...)Ordinary passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey. Ordinary passport holders with a valid Schengen, OECD member's visa or residence permit may get their one month single entry visas at the Turkish border gates upon their arrival.
Translated into simple terms:
  1. If you are from Pakistan you will need a visa, which you have to obtain through a Turkish embassy
  2. If you have any residence permit from any OECD-country, you can get the Turkish visa at the border instead of obtaining it though an embassy.
  3. If you do get your visa at the port-of-entry, it will be a single-entry visa valid for one month.
horizon1985 wrote:As you mentioned OECD , I suppose if this refer to EEA/EU countries.
The Turkish ministry came up with the OECD idea. The >>OECD<< is the OECD is the "Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development ". It doesn´t refer to anything else than that...
horizon1985 wrote:Do I really need to have RC on my passport or I can travel with my Immigration Status documents and my new passport? I would appreciate answers from anybody.

Thanks
From what I understand (this may of course be wrong), what matters is that you have
  • a valid residence permit in any OECD country (to which the UK belongs), AND
  • a valid passport,
and that these 2 things will allow you to get a one-month visa at the Turkish border.

I would be surprised if this is totally off track, but I don´t know...
Last edited by ca.funke on Wed May 09, 2012 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 pm

aluter wrote:I do not understand why it is being closed tho???
Sorry, that was my mistake.

I thought all that can be said has been said, but apparently that´s not the case.
aluter wrote:It is funny how come nationalities can get their visa at the port if they have a valid residence permit that is issued in the UK and while some can't but with the same residence permit.
Every country can make up their own visa regulations. If you want to know why Turkey decided to handle it like this, you would have to ask them.
aluter wrote:For 2 days I have been trying to get a hold of someone from the Turkish embassy in London but no one ever picks up.
I don´t like to say it, but it´s a simple fact that "Southern" embassies tend not to have great availability (these are the most "diplomatic" words I can find ;)).
aluter wrote:Anyways I may not be able to go to turkey after all because I still do not know exactly how long it will take to process the visa and since the only appointment i could get is only 4 days before our departure date.
As I mentioned already (for about 20 times) it might be of help for the forum, if you publicly reveal your nationality. You are not, so really I don´t see what can be added to this thread.

For anyone in doubt about a Turkish visa, I will -for a last time- repeat the link to the clear and comprehensive website of the Ministry of Foreign affairs of Turkey:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information- ... ers.en.mfa

Regards, Christian

aluter

Post by aluter » Wed May 09, 2012 4:11 pm

aluter wrote:Anyways I may not be able to go to turkey after all because I still do not know exactly how long it will take to process the visa and since the only appointment i could get is only 4 days before our departure date.
As I mentioned already (for about 20 times) it might be of help for the forum, if you publicly reveal your nationality. You are not, so really I don´t see what can be added to this thread.
-Nigerian

For anyone in doubt about a Turkish visa, I will -for a last time- repeat the link to the clear and comprehensive website of the Ministry of Foreign affairs of Turkey:
http://www.mfa.gov.tr/visa-information- ... ers.en.mfa

lol

ca.funke
Belgium

Post by ca.funke » Wed May 09, 2012 4:24 pm

aluter wrote:Nigerian
Dear aluter,

thanks!
Ministry of foreign affairs of Turkey wrote:Nigeria: Ordinary (...) passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey.
So you will have to apply for a visa, regardless of any other status.

Sorry about that, I hope it´ll work our for you!

Rgds, Christian

spike_UK

Post by spike_UK » Wed May 09, 2012 9:24 pm

ca.funke wrote:
Dear aluter,

thanks!
Ministry of foreign affairs of Turkey wrote:Nigeria: Ordinary (...) passport holders are required to have visa to enter Turkey.

Rgds, Christian
Hi ca.funke, how about,,Iraqi or Kurdish Iraqi who is holding Iraqi passport and RC or PR,
Many thanks
Applied for EEA4 on 24/02/2012.
HO received on 27/02/2012.
Refusal received on 16/08/2012 dated 11/08/2012
At the court, the HO REP withdrawn the decision and asked me to send the DOC for the time before marriage.
PR dated 05/03/2013

aluter

Post by aluter » Wed May 09, 2012 10:40 pm

ca.funke wrote:
Dear aluter,

thanks!

Rgds, Christian
It has just occurred to me that i can go to Portugal and then apply for my visa there. It won't take me 1month plus just to get an appointment i am sure.