ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents Required to prove income

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

BondFamily

Documents Required to prove income

Post by BondFamily » Sun May 06, 2012 11:06 pm

Exactly what documents should I give to prove my financial income when my wife applies for her ILE? I can give bank statements and I can give registrations forms that shows I am a sole trader but I don't have a boss or a company to answer too, I can only give bank statements to show how much I am earning. Is that really enough for the visa application?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 07, 2012 12:41 am

Is this for a settlement visa as a partner, and being submitted from outside the UK? Has the applicant passed the KOL test?

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Mon May 07, 2012 1:24 am

Lucapooka wrote:Is this for a settlement visa as a partner, and being submitted from outside the UK? Has the applicant passed the KOL test?
Yeah it is for the settlement visa as a partner. It will be submitted outside the UK but only because we have been told that we can't apply while she is here in the UK on a visit visa (maybe we were told a lie?)

She has passed her ESOL test but not the life in UK test

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon May 07, 2012 3:11 pm

BondFamily wrote:
Lucapooka wrote:Is this for a settlement visa as a partner, and being submitted from outside the UK? Has the applicant passed the KOL test?
Yeah it is for the settlement visa as a partner. It will be submitted outside the UK but only because we have been told that we can't apply while she is here in the UK on a visit visa (maybe we were told a lie?)

she has passed her ESOL test but not the life in UK test
You were not told a lie you can not apply whilst visiting the UK.

She can not apply for ILE unless she has passed the Knowledge of the Life in the UK but should be given Spouse visa with KOL Reg( if you have been married and living outside the UK for more than 4 Years) which means she can apply for ILR after she has arrived in the UK as soon as she has passed the test.

You just need to show evidence of the business and evidence that the income you claim comes to you. This could be bank statements and Income tax documents or some other verifiable documents that show the a amount stated.
pennyless

BondFamily

Post by BondFamily » Mon May 07, 2012 4:35 pm

thanks for the help people, you been awesome!

Final question, can my wife take the life in UK test while in UK on a visit visa? so when she applies for the spouse visa they will just grant her ILR then...