ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

anyone on DL FLR (O)?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cherize

anyone on DL FLR (O)?

Post by cherize » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:55 pm

Hi everyone!
Anyone on DL FLR (O) who is still waiting for the outcome of their applications?
i lodge mine : 28/10/11, the Home Office took out the money 01/11/11 and my soliciotr havnt heard anything from them yet :( I have prepared myself on the timescale of this application, but its bothering me still and losing my patience waiting for the result. Its 6 months now, and still no response from HO yet. I would appreciate if someone could tell me how many months roughly on the waiting time.

Many Thanks!

cherize

Post by cherize » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Additional question, if the type of application is DL on FLR (O), do i still need to receive any acknowledgment letter, and do biometrics? Really need someone to answer my queries. Mnay thanks!

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue May 01, 2012 2:04 pm

[quote="cherize"]Additional question, if the type of application is DL on FLR (O), do i still need to receive any acknowledgment letter, and do biometrics? Really need someone to answer my queries. Mnay thanks![/quote]
is depence
1 did they took the fee ?
2 did you use representative ?
it's maybe your representative got your acknowledgment letter ! coz you need to have acknowldgment letter to know if your application is valid or not and you need to have your biometrics taken without the bio you application can not be processed.

cherize

Post by cherize » Tue May 01, 2012 10:33 pm

Thanks for replying , yes i use an immigration solicitor to represent me. They took fees a day after i posted the application.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed May 02, 2012 11:44 am

[quote="cherize"]Thanks for replying , yes i use an immigration solicitor to represent me. They took fees a day after i posted the application.

the first think you need to do is to speak with wour solicitors about the acknowledgment letter and i believe is his job to start to chase the case and find out what's wrong, as for the waiting time is uncertain as i believe is an article 8 application so is out of the rules so they can take forever. you could have used ECJ zambrano ruling as you can prove it easy that you are the sole carer of your baby, olso you can use your local MP to phone the ukba for you, I hope that's can help good luck.

cherize

Post by cherize » Thu May 03, 2012 2:06 am

the first think you need to do is to speak with wour solicitors about the acknowledgment letter and i believe is his job to start to chase the case and find out what's wrong, as for the waiting time is uncertain as i believe is an article 8 application so is out of the rules so they can take forever. you could have used ECJ zambrano ruling as you can prove it easy that you are the sole carer of your baby, olso you can use your local MP to phone the ukba for you, I hope that's can help good luck.[/quote]

Thank you so much for sparing your time to reply on my questions. Thats a good point actually , as we are really planning to speak with an MP to speed up the application but we were uncertain about it before if it could help or just worsen my application. I spoke with my solicitor the other day and she said she has already wriiten a chase etter to the home officeand fingers crossedthey will reply back the soonest but my solicitor never mentioned if she received an acknowledgment letter or not from the HO. By the way, i am not a sole carer of the baby as i am living with my British national bf and he actually acknowledge and supporting the child. Again thank you so much for your sincere advice

nassarmk

dl

Post by nassarmk » Sun May 06, 2012 10:57 am

Hi there: I applid in 2009 I get it after 4 weeks

justice12
Algeria

Re: dl

Post by justice12 » Sun May 06, 2012 1:06 pm

[quote="nassarmk"]Hi there: I applid in 2009 I get it after 4 weeks[/quote]can you explain to us what circumstances did you have when you applied ? your answer my help other people how are still waiting !.

nassarmk

dlr

Post by nassarmk » Sun May 06, 2012 6:46 pm

Hi there: i come to Uk 1998 as visitor I get marriage 1999 applid after 2 years for stay but I wos waititng till 2006 & get frist 3 years after my MP CONTACT Ho Before 6 montha.i start working full time NO public FOUND NO CRIMNAL at 2009 i send all the last 3 years evidence bills. Payslip.marrige& children brith certificates etc..Employer visia ending letter every thinkg been send& after 2 days I went to my MP with my employer letter Ask her helpe.she Contact HO after 4 weeks IGet 2 th dlr.....BUT the time Now up 6 month....... i Hope that help & good luck

justice12
Algeria

Re: dlr

Post by justice12 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:43 pm

[quote="nassarmk"]Hi there: i come to Uk 1998 as visitor I get marriage 1999 applid after 2 years for stay but I wos waititng till 2006 & get frist 3 years after my MP CONTACT Ho Before 6 montha.i start working full time NO public FOUND NO CRIMNAL at 2009 i send all the last 3 years evidence bills. Payslip.marrige& children brith certificates etc..Employer visia ending letter every thinkg been send& after 2 days I went to my MP with my employer letter Ask her helpe.she Contact HO after 4 weeks IGet 2 th dlr.....BUT the time Now up 6 month....... i Hope that help & good luck[/quote] no it's does not help as i believe your situation is deferent from us you applied for FLR set (O) and you have been legal wen you applied the first time so you are in the rong topic man.

nassarmk

dlr

Post by nassarmk » Mon May 07, 2012 9:47 am

HI there: when I get marrige from British citizen I wos overstayer that time. saw I have to waititng to 2 years for Appling take 5 years toget discretionary leave

cherize

Post by cherize » Mon May 07, 2012 11:01 pm

nassarmk wrote:HI there: when I get marrige from British citizen I wos overstayer that time. saw I have to waititng to 2 years for Appling take 5 years toget discretionary leave
Hi thanks for replying and sharing to us your case , well i just hope that my timescale will not take 5 years as my case is different from you. I did not overstay on purpose, as i renewed my visa before it runs out though it has been returned and invalid application twice due to their administrative error and on my 3rd application they refused. Unfortunately, i couldnt go back home from the time i was refused as i was preganant and it was a mutual decision for me and my bf to stay and give birth here as we do believe there are other ways that we could sort out my visa, and fingers crossed they will grant me the dicretionary leave as i already establish a family life here.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:41 pm

[quote="nassarmk"]HI there: when I get marrige from British citizen I wos overstayer that time. saw I have to waititng to 2 years for Appling take 5 years toget discretionary leave[/quote]

How came your application been pending with the HO for 5 years !!!! i dont believe that , that is just non sence.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Mon May 07, 2012 11:45 pm

[quote="cherize"][quote="nassarmk"]HI there: when I get marrige from British citizen I wos overstayer that time. saw I have to waititng to 2 years for Appling take 5 years toget discretionary leave[/quote]

Hi thanks for replying and sharing to us your case , well i just hope that my timescale will not take 5 years as my case is different from you. I did not overstay on purpose, as i renewed my visa before it runs out though it has been returned and invalid application twice due to their administrative error and on my 3rd application they refused. Unfortunately, i couldnt go back home from the time i was refused as i was preganant and it was a mutual decision for me and my bf to stay and give birth here as we do believe there are other ways that we could sort out my visa, and fingers crossed they will grant me the dicretionary leave as i already establish a family life here.[/quote]

you can read this about that guy, till his last comment,

http://www.ukresident.com/forums/topic/ ... ary-leave/

cherize

Post by cherize » Tue May 08, 2012 12:05 am

justice12 wrote:
cherize wrote:
nassarmk wrote:HI there: when I get marrige from British citizen I wos overstayer that time. saw I have to waititng to 2 years for Appling take 5 years toget discretionary leave
Hi thanks for replying and sharing to us your case , well i just hope that my timescale will not take 5 years as my case is different from you. I did not overstay on purpose, as i renewed my visa before it runs out though it has been returned and invalid application twice due to their administrative error and on my 3rd application they refused. Unfortunately, i couldnt go back home from the time i was refused as i was preganant and it was a mutual decision for me and my bf to stay and give birth here as we do believe there are other ways that we could sort out my visa, and fingers crossed they will grant me the dicretionary leave as i already establish a family life here.
you can read this about that guy, till his last comment,

Thank you so much, this is a helpful one and gave me an idea on the timescale. I think, the one who was saying it took him/her 5 years to wait for the outcome is quite unbelievable. I am confused either, as he/she said it was 4 weeks, so which is which? 4 weeks/ 5 years? But anyway, much appreciated for helping out and making things clear for me.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:46 am

[quote="cherize"][quote="justice12"][quote="cherize"][quote="nassarmk"]HI there: when I get marrige from British citizen I wos overstayer that time. saw I have to waititng to 2 years for Appling take 5 years toget discretionary leave[/quote]

Hi thanks for replying and sharing to us your case , well i just hope that my timescale will not take 5 years as my case is different from you. I did not overstay on purpose, as i renewed my visa before it runs out though it has been returned and invalid application twice due to their administrative error and on my 3rd application they refused. Unfortunately, i couldnt go back home from the time i was refused as i was preganant and it was a mutual decision for me and my bf to stay and give birth here as we do believe there are other ways that we could sort out my visa, and fingers crossed they will grant me the dicretionary leave as i already establish a family life here.[/quote]

You welcome and good luck just remember to kip us updated about the outcome.

nassarmk

Post by nassarmk » Tue May 08, 2012 10:56 am

cherize wrote:
justice12 wrote:
cherize wrote:
you can read this a.bout that guy, till his last comment,

Thank you so much, this is a helpful one and gave me an idea on the timescale. I think, the one who was saying it took him/her 5 years to wait for the outcome is quite unbelievable. I am confused either, as he/she said it was 4 weeks, so which is which? 4 weeks/ 5 years? But anyway, much appreciated for helping out and making things clear for me.
....my timeline appliy 2001 get 3years Dlr at 2006 in 2009 applid for Flr O get 3 years after 4 weeks..

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Tue May 08, 2012 11:01 am

[quote="nassarmk"][quote="justice12"][quote="nassarmk"]HI there: when I get marrige from British citizen I wos overstayer that time. saw I have to waititng to 2 years for Appling take 5 years toget discretionary leave[/quote]

How came your application been pending with the HO for 5 years !!!! i dont believe that , that is just non sence.[/quote]......justice12 yes I KNow that but this the HO way to make applicant fedup & return back home..am here 14 years ago & Appling for ILR send 16 weeks ago...[/quote]

because you did not do anything about it !!! thats way they took 5 years, i beleive if you could done something about it mybe involving your local MP or wrighting some letters that would make it less than 6 month !!! even tho 6 years ago used to be a backlog the HO used to take ages but no 5 years !!! tha's just no worth it.

cherize

Post by cherize » Tue May 08, 2012 12:33 pm

justice12 wrote:
nassarmk wrote:
justice12 wrote:
How came your application been pending with the HO for 5 years !!!! i dont believe that , that is just non sence.
......justice12 yes I KNow that but this the HO way to make applicant fedup & return back home..am here 14 years ago & Appling for ILR send 16 weeks ago...
because you did not do anything about it !!! thats way they took 5 years, i beleive if you could done something about it mybe involving your local MP or wrighting some letters that would make it less than 6 month !!! even tho 6 years ago used to be a backlog the HO used to take ages but no 5 years !!! tha's just no worth it.
I am quite confused with his application, first it was DLR and then FLR (O) ? is it not just the same?

nassarmk

Post by nassarmk » Tue May 08, 2012 7:18 pm

cherize wrote:
justice12 wrote:
nassarmk wrote:
justice12 wrote:
......justice12 yes I KNow that but this the HO way to make applicant fedup & return back home..am here 14 years ago & Appling for ILR send 16 weeks ago...
I am quite confused with his application, first it was DLR and then FLR (O) ? is it not just the same?
......hi.its 2 times .you have to complete 6years OF Dlr to appliy ILR...saw 3 years DLR + 3years FLRO& than (SET O )for settlment

cherize

Post by cherize » Wed May 09, 2012 12:58 am

nassarmk wrote:
cherize wrote:
justice12 wrote:
nassarmk wrote:......justice12 yes I KNow that but this the HO way to make applicant fedup & return back home..am here 14 years ago & Appling for ILR send 16 weeks ago...
......hi.its 2 times .you have to complete 6years OF Dlr to appliy ILR...saw 3 years DLR + 3years FLRO& than (SET O )for settlment
Your case is entirely different from mine, i applied FLR(O) under HUman Rights/ Discretionary Leave under Human RIghts article 8 as i have an 8 months old babywith a British National here . I have never breach the law since i was refused as i stopped working since then.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:08 am

[quote="cherize"][quote="nassarmk"][quote="cherize"][quote="justice12"][quote="nassarmk"][quote="justice12"][quote="nassarmk"]HI there: when I get marrige from British citizen I wos overstayer that time. saw I have to waititng to 2 years for Appling take 5 years toget discretionary leave[/quote]

How came your application been pending with the HO for 5 years !!!! i dont believe that , that is just non sence.[/quote]......justice12 yes I KNow that but this the HO way to make applicant fedup & return back home..am here 14 years ago & Appling for ILR send 16 weeks ago...[/quote]

because you did not do anything about it !!! thats way they took 5 years, i beleive if you could done something about it mybe involving your local MP or wrighting some letters that would make it less than 6 month !!! even tho 6 years ago used to be a backlog the HO used to take ages but no 5 years !!! tha's just no worth it.[/quote]

I am quite confused with his application, first it was DLR and then FLR (O) ? is it not just the same?[/quote]......hi.its 2 times .you have to complete 6years OF Dlr to appliy ILR...saw 3 years DLR + 3years FLRO& than (SET O )for settlment[/quote]

Your case is entirely different from mine, i applied FLR(O) under HUman Rights/ Discretionary Leave under Human RIghts article 8 as i have an 8 months old babywith a British National here . I have never breach the law since i was refused as i stopped working since then.[/quote]

my daughter she is 8 month too :) we are in the seem situation

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:07 pm

justice12 wrote:
cherize wrote:
nassarmk wrote:
cherize wrote:
Your case is entirely different from mine, i applied FLR(O) under HUman Rights/ Discretionary Leave under Human RIghts article 8 as i have an 8 months old babywith a British National here . I have never breach the law since i was refused as i stopped working since then.
Hi Justice 12 and Cherize, i think i understand where nassarmk is coming from and i guess you all are on the same boat. This is because it was very difficult to get discretionary leave years back once you have overstayed, and so it was very long and frustrating, HO decided cases the way they liked plus backlog. But these days, with case laws such as ZH Tanzania e.t.c. especially with children involved, the HO decide these cases quicker. Don't worry too much Cherize, you will get a favourable decision soon. But don't get disappointed if you get 3years DL, to renew for another 3years. That is what they give if you have overstayed even for 1week. Good luck to you both.

cherize

Post by cherize » Thu May 10, 2012 1:24 am

GLH2012 wrote:
justice12 wrote:
cherize wrote:
nassarmk wrote:......hi.its 2 times .you have to complete 6years OF Dlr to appliy ILR...saw 3 years DLR + 3years FLRO& than (SET O )for settlment
Hi Justice 12 and Cherize, i think i understand where nassarmk is coming from and i guess you all are on the same boat. This is because it was very difficult to get discretionary leave years back once you have overstayed, and so it was very long and frustrating, HO decided cases the way they liked plus backlog. But these days, with case laws such as ZH Tanzania e.t.c. especially with children involved, the HO decide these cases quicker. Don't worry too much Cherize, you will get a favourable decision soon. But don't get disappointed if you get 3years DL, to renew for another 3years. That is what they give if you have overstayed even for 1week. Good luck to you both.
Hi, yes i do understand where nassarmk is coming from! I couldnt avoid worrying at times though i have strong faith to my solicitor. Its difficult what my family and i are going through these days but i just hope HO will give a favourable decision so we could go on with our lives as a family here. Of course, i will never be disappointed if they will grant me a 3 yrs DL, all i needed now is for my status to be legalize here, thats what really matters! :D have u been granted a DL too?

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:29 am

Hi Cherize, i understand your state of mind. I too am in a very dire situation resulting from my immigration circumstance. Unfortunately i have not been given a DL. I made my application sorely on the basis of Zambrano, being a single mother of a British citizen son. I was given COA to work but employers are not accepting it so far and need the real visa before they can allow me work. This is quite frustrating and am considering putting in an Article 8 application as well since the Zambrano route is taking very long to implement :?