ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for my mother in India

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irfanb00

ILR for my mother in India

Post by irfanb00 » Mon May 07, 2012 1:00 pm

Dear Board,

I am in the process to apply for ILR for me and my wife in UK. It is a straight forward application which I am confident that I shall get it.

My question is after I get my ILR, can I get my mom to apply for the same from home country after I get mine so that she does not have to apply for visitors visa everytime she visits us (which she does almost twice every year).

OR

Do I need to wait until I gather my BC and then get her to apply fr ILR?

What would you advice and are ther any guidance available?

Thanks in anticipation.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 07, 2012 1:59 pm

Whether you have ILR or BC makes no difference. What matters is whether your mother qualifies for settlement as your dependant relative. Have you looked at the requirements? If she has been granted visit visas in the past then it's likely that her circumstances are the opposite of those necessary for settlement. If she applies for settlement and fails she will not get another visit visa.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=42420