ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Re: New to the Board

Post by syma » Mon May 07, 2012 11:33 am

r4sh1d wrote:Salaam all,

New here and have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time on this board for the foreseeable future.

Having done my nikah last month, I am now in process of helping my wife put together her application. I have spent a fair bit of time researching the process online and have started reading all posts in this thread from start of 2012 (only got upto end of Jan so far).

I am currently compiling an ehaustive list of documents I need to get ready. If anybody can answer a couple of questions, it would be most helpful.

(1) How do Gerrys normally accept the documents? Ideally I would have had a big folder with as many plastic wallets as I needed but have a feeling that would cause inconvenience. I would like to minimise the chances of them messing up the order and presentation.

(2) I currently share a flat in Bristol where I work but that contract runs out in mid-Sept. I intend to rent a one-bed flat from August onwards but will not be able to provide details of that at time of application. Would it be adequate to explain the situation while providing current tenancy agreement/bills as well as a letter from parents saying that my wife can stay at our family home temporarily, if required?

Just a bit of background:
- We were engaged for over a year during which period we stayed in regular contact.
- Did nikah last month and rukhsati planned for summer. (is it best to be transparent about this?)
- I am an employed graduate engineer earning more than the proposed revised threshold, have never sought any benefits and despite not having substantial savings manage finances comfortably.

Thanks. :)

Hi,

1) No need for huge files and wallets as all of that was given back to me coz the case worker takes everything out and puts in a bag which then goes to the embassy. just make sure relevant papers to each subject are attached together with a lose thread on the top, it makes it easier for them to go thro it. i also did put those coloured flags on each of these marking them S1 S2 etc. the just made an index stating S1 has these documents etc etc. i thot it woud mk the ECO's life a lil easy.

2) depending of exactly when u submit ur app i'd suggest submit the current tenancy agreement & explain ur situation. but then again accomodation is very important so the ECO probably would want you to show where u and ur wife will be living for the next 2 or so years, so i suggest u sort out an agreement for ur xt rental property. ECO's need solid evidence of accomodation and funds to maintain u and ur partner so tk xtra time if u need bt mk sure u dnt submit something which shows u cant tk care of ur wife financially for the 27months visa that she'll be granted coz they really wana see there wont be no recourse to public funds in taht time period.

if u want her n u living with your parents for some time then show them as the third party support.

3) about the nikkah and ruksati issue just be very transparent and explain how its a cultural thing and pretty normal here. do make sure that u convey the message that u two are legally and religiously married and provide all the documents that prove so.

good luck:)
Last edited by syma on Mon May 07, 2012 11:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
visa-grante:25.10.12

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 07, 2012 11:34 am

we used plastic covers for our file gerrys did say not allowed my husband emphasised how everything was in order and it would just mess the whole file up if he had to remove the documents from the plastic pockets they allowed it in the end.

Get your parents to write a letter saying ur wife will be living in the family house when she comes also if u decide to do this dont forget to get housing inspection report from your local council or a estate agent stating property will not be over crowded with ur wife living there.

take photocopies of everything

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 07, 2012 11:38 am

zully

Im in very similiar situation at you we also got married in uk but we have registered our marriage in the uk hubby gone back to pak to apply for spouse visa, was the reason of the marriage not being registered in uk the only reason they refused and also the mix up dates, what i mean to ask was that the only reason they refused on also how much money in savings did you show please can you pm me the details and undestandably its personal information and may not wish to share on the forum, I would appreciate it if you could give me an idea.

awaham
Newly Registered

Re: New to the Board

Post by awaham » Mon May 07, 2012 11:44 am

r4sh1d wrote:Salaam all,

(1) How do Gerrys normally accept the documents? Ideally I would have had a big folder with as many plastic wallets as I needed but have a feeling that would cause inconvenience. I would like to minimise the chances of them messing up the order and presentation.

(2) I currently share a flat in Bristol where I work but that contract runs out in mid-Sept. I intend to rent a one-bed flat from August onwards but will not be able to provide details of that at time of application. Would it be adequate to explain the situation while providing current tenancy agreement/bills as well as a letter from parents saying that my wife can stay at our family home temporarily, if required?

Just a bit of background:
- We were engaged for over a year during which period we stayed in regular contact.
- Did nikah last month and rukhsati planned for summer. (is it best to be transparent about this?)
- I am an employed graduate engineer earning more than the proposed revised threshold, have never sought any benefits and despite not having substantial savings manage finances comfortably.

Thanks. :)
Welcome. Regarding presenting your folder nicely etc, it does not matter I spent a whole hour on the net with my wife telling her the order of paperwork to put in the folder, which I had specifically sent her from here. But Gerrys had other things on their mind they just ask for papers in whatever order they like bunch it up in a random order and give the folder back!

Regarding accommodation. You should definitely provide evidence of current accommodation. I think its a good policy to give the ECO as much info as possible if it is relevant hence a letter to explain the situation you will find yourself in a few months time should be good, but i'd recommend you need to provide alternative accommodation details be it your parents or otherwise. And remember if it is your parents a letter from them with a signature wont be enough. You need to have an housing report done on your parents residence which specifically states that the amount of space they have will not result in the house becoming overcrowded. Hence you need a council / property surveyor to do this report.

Hope above helps.

awaham
Newly Registered

Post by awaham » Mon May 07, 2012 11:49 am

Sorry for repeating the same stuff as Shatif and Zahra, they must have posted whilst i was typing...very slowly!

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Mon May 07, 2012 12:04 pm

Anyone got any response from the british high commission today???
submitted @ lahore 07/02/12
waited 65 working days
Ready for Collection: 9/5/12
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

skstar

Post by skstar » Mon May 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Salaam everyone :)

A new member here and my first post! I have been browsing the forum recently.
My husband will be applying for the settlement visa very soon. One quick question how long does it take to receive the English test results?
We have everything ready to submit just waiting for him to take the test and submit the results.

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 07, 2012 12:11 pm

skstar wrote:Salaam everyone :)

A new member here and my first post! I have been browsing the forum recently.
My husband will be applying for the settlement visa very soon. One quick question how long does it take to receive the English test results?
We have everything ready to submit just waiting for him to take the test and submit the results.
depends which english course he going to do and where.

skstar

Post by skstar » Mon May 07, 2012 12:13 pm

He will be taking the test in Islamabad. :oops: What is the name of the test that they are required to take now before coming to the UK? (settlement visa)

skstar

Post by skstar » Mon May 07, 2012 12:14 pm

TOEIC A1 English language test authorized by UK border agency (UKBA).

That's the one.
I think.....

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 07, 2012 1:51 pm

forum is sooooo quite we need some action.

Sayyidi
- thin ice -

Post by Sayyidi » Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 pm

Salaam People.

@skstar
The test results and the certificate can take up to two months or even longer if done with city and guilds in Islamabad.
Opt for a quicker alternative. There are test centres in F-9 too.
Make sure you confirm that it is the A1 English test for spouses. Your spouse needs to ring around and find the quickest solution, especially as the threshold could increase in a month or too.

@shamailubaid
Us February applicants are relying on you to hear something first so Inshaallah by the end of his week the ball starts rolling.

@weightwatchers

Big up to all the spouses trying to shed some weight before their spouses come.

Good luck to everyone

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Mon May 07, 2012 2:57 pm

i know and i promise u will be one of the first people to know when i get some response, im trying to lose abit of weight hehehe :)

ive checked my status so many times today, InshAllah i will get a poisitve response within the next few days :?

need ur prayers boys nd girls :)
waited 65 working days
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Mon May 07, 2012 3:06 pm

malboro and ssms any of you got any response???
waited 65 working days
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Mon May 07, 2012 3:06 pm

@SHATIF,

I THINK YOU CAN MANAGE TIMELINE, THERE WERE NO HOLIDAYS ON 1 MAY 2012 AS WELL. ADD ONE MORE PERSON SAYYIDI
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon May 07, 2012 3:07 pm

yoh sayyidi..hws it goin??

shamaila..hav u told ur MP?..xx

skstar...go for the toeic test..:) xx

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Mon May 07, 2012 3:09 pm

shamailaubaid wrote:malboro and ssms any of you got any response???
check your pm please
After taking Advice; remember Everyone's application, and thus supporting documents, will be different depending on personal circumstances.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Mon May 07, 2012 3:10 pm

XnailaX wrote:yoh sayyidi..hws it goin??

Miss Sage,

Where have u been, no lift after getting your lovely hubby. looolzzz

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Mon May 07, 2012 3:10 pm

XnailaX wrote:yoh sayyidi..hws it goin??

yes my mp mailed them and the response he got was the same as i got which was they process 95% of cases in 12 weeks and 100% in 24 weeks. my mp said he cnt do anything until 24 weeks r up :(
waited 65 working days
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon May 07, 2012 3:14 pm

greg..wht lift??..lol

shamaila..ohh...thats not ver useful...one fonecall or email from an MP to them and they shit themselves..Inshallah ur patiences wil b rewarded sis :) dnt lose hope yeh..:) xx

Shatif
Member of Standing

Post by Shatif » Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 pm

Gregarious wrote:@SHATIF,

I THINK YOU CAN MANAGE TIMELINE, THERE WERE NO HOLIDAYS ON 1 MAY 2012 AS WELL. ADD ONE MORE PERSON SAYYIDI
HAHAH

I didnt even know there was a website with all the holidays on i just calculated it using the working day calculator.

saannaa
- thin ice -

Post by saannaa » Mon May 07, 2012 3:15 pm

shamailaubaid wrote:i know and i promise u will be one of the first people to know when i get some response, im trying to lose abit of weight hehehe :)

ive checked my status so many times today, InshAllah i will get a poisitve response within the next few days :?

need ur prayers boys nd girls :)
best of luck INSHALLAH u will get a response in couple of days:D

shamailaubaid

Post by shamailaubaid » Mon May 07, 2012 3:16 pm

XnailaX wrote:greg..wht lift??..lol

shamaila..ohh...thats not ver useful...one fonecall or email from an MP to them and they shit themselves..Inshallah ur patiences wil b rewarded sis :) dnt lose hope yeh..:) xx
he e-mailed them on my 60 working days, i should get a response within this week InshAllah, well that is what i think and hope i do!!
waited 65 working days
picking up 10/5/12
Visa Granted

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Mon May 07, 2012 3:17 pm

XnailaX wrote:greg..wht lift??..lol

Not coming on forum regularly, Outstanding people needs encouragement and duaas from all those who have left the forum.

It is requested to all granted applicants, don' forget us on your duaas

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Mon May 07, 2012 3:19 pm

greg..ur in my duas but no matter wat U say..im not goin anywherrrrrrr so 8) :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: HEHE