ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics in panama? how recent do bank statements have????

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

carlyann

Biometrics in panama? how recent do bank statements have????

Post by carlyann » Tue May 01, 2012 9:21 pm

Since they have closed most of the biometric clinics in central america we have to travel from Nicaragua to Panama - but the site says it only has a clinic one day a month! Worldbridge have been useless confirming what day and how far in advance they get booked up but have at least confirmed that it is not just once a day as er the website but that they list the appointments available once per month. Anyone any experience?

The only option is to go to colombia but Nicaraguans need a visa to go there which itself takes 3 months and can be refused!

I'm just concerned that my bank statements will be too old to submit by the time we marry and get biometrics done! How old is considered too old? After I fly out to to Nicargua I will marry my fiance within 2 weeks and then apply - but it al depends on when we can get the appointment....

Does anyone have any advice?
Hoping to be reunited soon

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Tue May 01, 2012 10:53 pm

According to the UKBA website the mobile clinic is there on the second Wednesday of every month, so the next one would be the 9th May.

http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/countr ... %20English

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Mon May 07, 2012 6:43 pm

thanks Bigeasy I owe you one! I can't believe I missed that! We've set our wedding date to 28 July in the hope that if we submit our application on 29th we will get a slot on the 8th August!!! fingers crossed. If we don't I guess I'll have to get my bank statement couriered to nicaragua as my statements will be too old if we have to wait until the clinic in September

I've also realised that we have to pay $150 to use the mobile clinic - but that is still cheaper than applying for the cololubian visa and paying about $2500 for flights to Colombia

so many hoops to jump through but it will be all be worth it if we can finally be together again. I'm counting down the days to my flight on 18 July!!!!!!

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Mon May 07, 2012 6:46 pm

PS my bank statement date in 20 each month - which would have meant that my last statement would have already been a month old.

HSBC have changed to date of my statements so that I will leave the country with an up to date statement. I'm sure most people know that you can do that but thought I would share that tip for people like me who didn't realise you could do that!!!!

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Mon May 07, 2012 9:37 pm

carlyann wrote:PS my bank statement date in 20 each month - which would have meant that my last statement would have already been a month old.

HSBC have changed to date of my statements so that I will leave the country with an up to date statement. I'm sure most people know that you can do that but thought I would share that tip for people like me who didn't realise you could do that!!!!
I wouldn't have thought a month was too old bearing in mind where it has to come from. All the best with your application, though. Let us know how you get on.

BigEasy

Post by BigEasy » Fri May 25, 2012 2:21 pm

carlyann wrote:thanks Bigeasy I owe you one! I can't believe I missed that! We've set our wedding date to 28 July in the hope that if we submit our application on 29th we will get a slot on the 8th August!!! fingers crossed. If we don't I guess I'll have to get my bank statement couriered to nicaragua as my statements will be too old if we have to wait until the clinic in September

I've also realised that we have to pay $150 to use the mobile clinic - but that is still cheaper than applying for the cololubian visa and paying about $2500 for flights to Colombia

so many hoops to jump through but it will be all be worth it if we can finally be together again. I'm counting down the days to my flight on 18 July!!!!!!
Incidentally Carlyann, if you start filling out the online application now, saving it in an incomplete status, you will be given a GWF application number which you'll need to input when you want to access the application again in order to complete it, etc. The data on incomplete applications is only kept for 7 days but providing you keep going in, adding or amending something, and then saving it again, you get a "new" lot of 7 days.

So, you could actually reserve your biometrics clinic slot now if you wanted, providing you keep your online application "live" in the system before submitting it.

To book the clinic appointment you need to input the GWF number, but it isn't cross referenced until you turn up there with your printed application form.

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Fri May 25, 2012 10:20 pm

You are a genius!!!! I am definetly going to that. Thanks (again!)

:)