ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 (General) dependent visa maintenance required A/C

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

patelscope
Newly Registered

Tier 1 (General) dependent visa maintenance required A/C

Post by patelscope » Mon May 07, 2012 9:55 pm

I am on Tier 1 (General) and I am looking to send my wife's file to Mumbai Embassy for dependent visa.
The only question I have got is, can I maintain required fund in my wife's guardian's account or can I show my own account in India instead of showing my account in UK?
Can my file be affected by not showing my current account in UK?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

patelscope
Newly Registered

Post by patelscope » Mon May 07, 2012 9:57 pm

I am in UK more than 12 months and my wife is in India. She is coming to UK for the first time.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 07, 2012 10:21 pm

Your account or her account or a joint account (in any location). Any other account in another person's name is not acceptable. Please do read the guidance to complete your understanding of the requirements for this application.

patelscope
Newly Registered

Post by patelscope » Mon May 07, 2012 10:32 pm

Many Thanks for your reply.
It has solved 75% of my query. I forgot to mention that if I have a joint account with my father in India, can I still show that account for maintenance fund of 3 months?
Is it for sure that they would not raise any query for not showing my current account in UK when I am receiving all my salary in that account?

According to application form it says that main applicant can show fund maintained in their own account or their partner's account or in partner's gurdian's account.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 07, 2012 10:36 pm

patelscope wrote:According to application form it says that main applicant can show fund maintained in their own account or their partner's account or in partner's gurdian's account.
That's for children. A grown adult dependant can only rely on their own funds or those of the PBS migrant. Your joint account in India is fine (as you are the PBS migrant).

I hope you are going to read the guidance now.