ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Error in Life in the UK Test Certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

itsmejoy4u
Newly Registered

Error in Life in the UK Test Certificate

Post by itsmejoy4u » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:28 pm

Hello Everyone,

My wife just passed her life in the UK test today. However, there is a small glitch. In the certificate, her first name and last name has been swapped (i.e. "first name" is in the "Surname/Family Name" line and "Surname" is in the "Other name" line)

The name spelling is identical as the passport as well as the rest of information (nationality, date of birth, town of birth, country of birth and postcode).

I'm wondering how can I rectify this in time for her ILR application. if anyone has the same experience, please advise.

Many thanks,

Sab

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:30 pm

It shouldn’t be a problem, but if you can get a letter from test centre explaining the error, then it would be great.

I have seen someone on this forum had similar issue and that guy got a letter from test centre with their stamp (explaining the issue).

imran22
Member of Standing

Post by imran22 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:59 pm

I had exactly the same problem with mine and they said they can’t do anything now (after test). She said if we have identified it before the test they could have added a note but she said it shouldn’t cause any problem as all names are there and all other details are correct.

I decided to do a retest because £50 to me has little value as compared to the visa fee and stress I will have to live with, until I hear “Yes”. I would recommend a retest if you have time for peace of mind.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:02 pm

I myself did the same thing as imran22 did. They put my nationality wrong and I retook the test again as I didn’t want to apply for ILR with another stress.

I was advised by people on this forum that it would be okay but I didn’t want to take any risk.

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:59 pm

There is no way to check the information before they print of the certificate?

If that is the case it means, they will make mistake and we will have resit the test for peace of mind?? by the way resit means another £50??

golu

Post by golu » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:06 pm

we had exactly same issue wiht my wife's certificate, however they pick up the first name and last name from the online account you have created and in our case my wife made the mistake and hence her name was transposed.

They did mention that they will put a note but I dint want to take any risks and hence we spent another 50 and booked in another test.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Had similar problem

Post by ITGraduate » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:12 pm

Hi ,

I have similar problem. My first name and last name have been swapped.

I noticed this before the test and the instructor told me ITS NOT A PROBLEM AS HE WOULD PUT A NOTE ON THEIR SYSTEM.

I believe this isn't an issue, Please help and share your experiences.

Thanks,

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Any further Update

Post by ITGraduate » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Seniors,

Any advise on this please?

Thanks

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:09 am

Had similar issue.
If you still have time for your ILR application, simplest thing to do is retake the LiUK test and make sure all the details are correct this time.
Both of US took the same exam twice :evil:
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:44 pm

I would agree with nnj10. As I suggested earlier I myself took it twice and passed it both times. The only reason I took it twice was they put my nationality wrong first time (and refused to give me a letter explaining their mistake or mine as I didn’t pay attention before they pressed submit button) and I didn’t want to take any chance.

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

An Update after speaking with Home office

Post by ITGraduate » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Just wanted to update after my call.

I was told as long as all other information is accurate on the LIUK test certificate ( i,e - nationality, address, birth place ) including the first name and surname spellings, its not a problem if the first name and surname are muddled up.

All we need to do is give a covering letter stating the issue if going to PEO appointment or posting it enclosed with your application.

Hope this helps!!

Please share your comments if you have any!!

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:49 pm

linkers wrote:I would agree with nnj10. As I suggested earlier I myself took it twice and passed it both times. The only reason I took it twice was they put my nationality wrong first time (and refused to give me a letter explaining their mistake or mine as I didn’t pay attention before they pressed submit button) and I didn’t want to take any chance.
Hi,
When you say "before they presses submit button" what does it mean actually? so there is option to check the information before they print the certificate? If not, how can we make sure every information is correct? Thanks

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Nionlight: yes there is an option to check if all details are correct before they submit them in the test centre.

They take all your details and then ask you to verify them on the screen, then they submit the details and after that you are asked to start the test.

The 2nd time I went for the test, I made sure that I am happy with my name, DOB, country of birth, nationality (as my nationality was different from the country of birth and gender etc.)

joh892

Post by joh892 » Tue May 01, 2012 8:56 am

@ ITGraduate. You have provided useful information here, but whom did you call?

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue May 01, 2012 10:17 am

[quote="joh892"]@ ITGraduate. You have provided useful information here, but whom did you call?[/quote]

I called the Life in Uk office mentioned on their website, they asked me to contact home office on 0870 606 7766. I called and was told the information I provided

I've also called them twice to check this information and I got the same response.

May be someonle else may try and ask them the same question to get more clarity as there are plenty of people with similar issue.

Thanks,

nionlight
Member of Standing

Post by nionlight » Tue May 01, 2012 12:58 pm

I am just wondering, (since I myself didn't appear for the test yet.. ) why lot of people are having this issue since there is option to check if all information is correct before they press submit button? So basically it is our fault in the first place that we are not checking the information?

what is the best way to make sure all information correct? any test centre preference or something?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue May 01, 2012 4:05 pm

That’s true nionlight. We can’t blame the test centre administrators for this. They ask the candidates to verify all information before they submit it.

joh892

Post by joh892 » Tue May 01, 2012 4:24 pm

I agree that candidates have a chance to review personal details before they submit them to LIUK administrators when booking the test hence no one should blame the administrators for such errors.

I believe where the test administrators note a discrepancy in the name provided in their database and the name appearing on the proof provided by the candidate, they point such discrepancies out and advise the candidates affected what needs to be done. In most cases they add a note in the database about the discrepancy noted and include the correct names etc.

lukt
- thin ice -

Post by lukt » Tue May 08, 2012 5:20 am

Good point !
I too am very curious about this issue !
Surely this can't be happening due to a system error.

2 questions for those who had this problem,
1. Was it your mistake (ie did you get the first name surname order mixed up ?)
2. Most importantly did you manage to get IRL with the swapped first name surname ?

I run a free service to help life in the UK test candidates, so your input will be very valuable and appreciated by more than a 1000 people.

nionlight wrote:I am just wondering, (since I myself didn't appear for the test yet.. ) why lot of people are having this issue since there is option to check if all information is correct before they press submit button? So basically it is our fault in the first place that we are not checking the information?

what is the best way to make sure all information correct? any test centre preference or something?
[/list]

alinet_99
Newly Registered

Did anyone else have a similar issue ?

Post by alinet_99 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:03 am

HI All,

Just wanted to find out if anyone else had a similar issue recently ?

Shobanan81
Newly Registered

Life in uk test first and last name swap

Post by Shobanan81 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:24 am

Hi,
I took my life in uk test yesterday and in the certificate my first and last name got swapped.

I took the test to apply for naturalisation....any advise on course of action...

Has anybody proceeded with such a certificate?... If so what is the outcome?.

Regards

Shobana

alinet_99
Newly Registered

Post by alinet_99 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:52 am

HI,

I had a similar issue, i just added a covering letter with my ILR application explaining the error and it was accepted without any issues.

Exquisit33

Re: Error in Life in the UK Test Certificate

Post by Exquisit33 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:57 pm

What did you write in your covering letter as my husbands test certificate shows his name swapped which was done in error when booking. Thanks for your reply.
Allah is the greatest!