ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP-VALID FOR 4MTHS COY ERROR- WHAT NEXT. PLS URGENT HELP

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

summerlady

BRP-VALID FOR 4MTHS COY ERROR- WHAT NEXT. PLS URGENT HELP

Post by summerlady » Tue May 08, 2012 12:52 pm

I recieved my BRP on saturday only to discover its valid for less than 4 months.
I checked a copy of my COS and it seems my HR mistakenly asked for only 8 months. Infact i applied in february and my HR, had written my work dates to be between feb and August. But i was only given 4 months and i switched from PSW, I have been with this company for a long while .

Pls i am so confused now and really need help. Do i start to apply for extension now, when i have just been given or do i call the HO and tell them about the eror.
If they insist its from my company what are my options.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 08, 2012 1:35 pm

Your employer will need to issue you a new cos and you will have to apply for another extension. Ukba will not correct it as it is not their error.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Tue May 08, 2012 2:45 pm

Thank you greeni, pls can you confirm if i can apply for an extension now. Does it mean doing another BRP and going through thre whole processless than a week i was issued with one.
Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 pm

you have to go through the whole process again. You can't apply until you have been issued another CoS.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Tue May 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Pls greenie can you confirm if i can re-apply now, and what form i can use for it. since it is a tier 2 general extension.
Thank you for your time.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 08, 2012 3:01 pm

summerlady wrote:Pls greenie can you confirm if i can re-apply now, and what form i can use for it. since it is a tier 2 general extension.
Thank you for your time.
as i have already stated, you would have to get a new CoS. the process is the same as before, you would have to complete the tier 2 general form.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Tue May 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi greenie, are you saying i still need to apply using the same tier 2 general form and not the tier 2 extension form. Could you please clarify on this. My coy will issue a new COS to me today.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 08, 2012 4:25 pm

summerlady wrote:Hi greenie, are you saying i still need to apply using the same tier 2 general form and not the tier 2 extension form. Could you please clarify on this. My coy will issue a new COS to me today.
there is only one tier 2 form used for in country applications, which I presume you used when you applied before, and which can be found on this page

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... /applying/

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:21 pm

summerlady wrote:Hi am currently on tier 2 and preparing to extend my leave.

Please can anyone let me know if i need to maintain £900 in my account for 3 months. I have gone through the policy guidance and there is no such requirement. But i just wanted to make sure am right.

And when can i apply- Policy says before my leave expires.

Does that mean i dont need to submit any documents, just my application form and BRP.
Thanks all
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:25 pm

1. Right (5(b)).
2. Have you been assigned a CoS? If so, on what date was it issued? When does your current leave expire?
3. Not necessarily. Read the guidance and form.

summerlady

Post by summerlady » Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks sush, my current leave expires in 3 months. when can i apply, i have checked the policy guidance and it says before leave expires.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Apply anytime during these 3 months but definitely before your current leave expires.