ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tv licence non-payment & ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

futty
Newly Registered

tv licence non-payment & ILR

Post by futty » Tue May 08, 2012 3:23 pm

Hi all

I need help please,

I am sending for my ILR application tomorrow....however I am stuck in the limbo! In 2011, we recieved a fine for non payment of tv licence ; however my name was spelt incorrectly in that letter from Court. My name is Nokukhanya Hill but it was spealt as Moku Hill in the letter from Court. We paid the fine.

I have not done CRB since then, so I ado not know if this is showing on my CRB.

Should I disclose this? My partner is of the view that this is not my correct details and I should not put it in the application form.

pLEASE advise

avjones
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Post by avjones » Wed May 09, 2012 4:04 pm

Your question could properly be re-phrased like this:

"I am thinking about committing the serious criminal offence of attempting to obtain leave to remain in the UK by deception. What are my chances of getting away with it?"

Don't be so silly.
I am not, and cannot, offer legal advice to particular people. I can only discuss general areas of immigration law.

People should always consider obtaining professional advice about their own particular circumstances.