ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO @ Solihull on 08/05

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chandu_246

PEO @ Solihull on 08/05

Post by chandu_246 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi All,

I attended my appointment at Solihull PEO today(10 A.M).I received the approval letter by 12:30 P.M.

1.Went to PEO at 9:25 A.M and gone through regular security checks and finished all the security checks in 3 minutes.People at reception told me to wait till they assign a token.After 15 minutes, they have given me a token number.

2.At around 10:30, I have been asked to go to the case worker at counter1.I just went there and case worker first asked me for application and passports.She went through the application and when she reached pages in the application which shows the points claimed, started asking me the documents one after the other.She didn't ask me a single question except for the documents.At the end, she asked me, whether I am applying for 1st or 2nd extension.I said 1st extension.That's it.Then she asked me to go to the counter6(Fee counter) and asked me to make the payment.After making the payment I went back to the case worker counter and as soon as I went there, she told me to wait for 5 minutes.She said she has to do some security check on my passport.Donno what checks????She came back after 5 minutes and told me to go through biometrics and collect the approval letter after 1.5 hours.After coming out of Biometrics room, I heard a big loud speaker announcement saying that IT systems are down and it is a national issue.There could be delays for applicants further.I can compare that announcement to the announcements I used to hear for movies in late 1980's in Villages with loud speakers.After that I left PEO for break.If you are scheduling appointments with PEO, I would advise you to book morning slots, if available.

3.I went to PEO again after 1.5 hours and my approval letter is ready by that time.My only concern was approval letter doesn't mention new visa start date or I didn't understand it properly?If I get the new visa start date from today, I have to go for another extension.I asked the lady who handed over the approval letter and docs to me about the new visa start date and she mentioned me it is valid from today.I had small argument with her and she pointed me to a rude security guy(He is an Asian settled in UK and as usual showed arrogance and attitude as expected.For a moment he considered himself as Ajay devagan in Singham and shouted at me and said the same sentence what the lady said as if has has written the immigrations laws) to answer my question.Then I had no choice and left PEO in disappointment.That was the only disappointment otherwise my experience with Solihull PEO is very good.

Documents submitted:

Main applicant form
Passports
2 Photographs name on back
PBS calculator self assessment copy(I should say it is must as case worker was looking at this document with gr8 interest)
Payslips and bank statements

Take copies of all the docs you are submitting.That helps you and the case worker.

I felt Original degree certificate is optional but case worker has asked me to provide a copy and I am glad that I have carried degree certificate.So I would advise you to carry this as well.Just in case CW asks, give a copy.

Thanks for listening to my story.

Regards,
Chandra

bond

Post by bond » Tue May 08, 2012 3:26 pm

HI Chandu,

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have my appointment tomorrow at 9:00AM in Solihull PEO, Mine is second extension,

Regards
Bond

esmsi

Post by esmsi » Tue May 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Congrat.

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:35 pm

Hi Bond,

Don't worry.As long as you have you have all the docs, it is just next to nothing.You will be fine.

Regards,
Chandra
bond wrote:HI Chandu,

Thanks for sharing your experience, I have my appointment tomorrow at 9:00AM in Solihull PEO, Mine is second extension,

Regards
Bond

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi All,

Could anybody please answer this question.

Until we receive the Biometric residence permit, do we have any way to know the new visa valid from date? It is not mentioned in the approval letter.Do I need to wait till I receive Biometric residence permit?

Regards,
Chandra

chandu_246 wrote:Hi Bond,

Don't worry.As long as you have you have all the docs, it is just next to nothing.You will be fine.

Regards,
Chandra

Regards
Bond

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Tue May 08, 2012 5:04 pm

hahaha.... cant stop laughing..... You have a way with words my friend.

Congratulations for your extension. Shame on the asian guy. We will all give him an eye on your behalf when we go for our extension at Solihull.

There is one thing which comes in mind though. You asked the lady what is the start date of your new visa and she said today. But don't you think it could be possible that your visa end date is on exactly after 2/3 years from your current visa. Did she said that its 2 years from today or something like that. Shame on her if she didn't gave you the extension from the end of your current leave.

How long in advance did you applied for your extension anyway?
Last edited by longshift on Tue May 08, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cs95tdg
Diamond Member

Post by cs95tdg » Tue May 08, 2012 5:24 pm

chandu_246 wrote:Hi All,

Could anybody please answer this question.

Until we receive the Biometric residence permit, do we have any way to know the new visa valid from date? It is not mentioned in the approval letter.Do I need to wait till I receive Biometric residence permit?

Regards,
Chandra

chandu_246 wrote:Hi Bond,

Regards,
Chandra

Regards
Bond
Congrats Chandu! In my case the date on the approval letter was my visa start date. Note however that it was a postal application & due ukba processing delays my original visa had already lapsed.

chandu_246

Post by chandu_246 » Tue May 08, 2012 5:42 pm

Hi Longshift,

Thanks for reading my post.....

My Initial TIER1 Visa is valid from 01/06/2009 and expiring on 1st June 2012 and I applied for extension on 8th May2012(Today).The lady said, if it is 3 years initial grant, then you get the extension accordingly.Didn't mention anything specific...I am not sure whether she knows it properly or not.I am still hoping that my new visa valid date would be from 2nd june2012.Just hoping against the hope.

Regards,
Chandra
longshift wrote:hahaha.... cant stop laughing..... You have a way with words my friend.

Congratulations for your extension. Shame on the asian guy. We all will give him an eye when we go there for our extension on your behalf.

There is one thing which comes in mind though. You asked the lady what is the start date of your new visa and she said today. But don't you think it could be possible that your visa end date is on exactly after 2/3 years from your current visa. Did she said that its 2 years from today or something like that. Shame on her if she didn't gave you the extension from the end of your current leave.

How long in advance did you applied for your extension anyway?

longshift
United Kingdom

Post by longshift » Tue May 08, 2012 5:49 pm

chandu_246 wrote:The lady said, if it is 3 years initial grant, then you get the extension accordingly.
This definately sounds positive. Hopefully, you will get it till 1st june. Do keep us posted though when you get your BRP. Good Luck.