ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Call from UKBA

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

atownboi
Newly Registered

Call from UKBA

Post by atownboi » Tue May 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Today I received a call from UKBA to state that they haven't received my Teir 1 application. As I have prove that they have received it on 5 April via royal mail.

I haven't received any ACK letter nor any payment have been deducted. I'm not sure what to do now. Any advice would be helpful.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 08, 2012 5:33 pm

Were they particularly expecting your application to arrive and how did they have your number? I'm interested to know why they would call anyone to say that they have not received an application. Or is there more to this than you have revealed. Maybe you called them, and they called you back with an answer to your enquiry?

atownboi
Newly Registered

Post by atownboi » Tue May 08, 2012 5:59 pm

Because I withdrew my Tier 4 application from them and submitted Teir 1 so they had all my details.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 08, 2012 6:03 pm

So if you have proof (what proof?) they received it April 5, and you gave this information to the person who called you, what was the response to this?

atownboi
Newly Registered

Post by atownboi » Tue May 08, 2012 6:24 pm

I have proof from royal mail that they have received it. The application was sent by my solicitor on my behalf. She said she couldnt find anything on their system.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 08, 2012 6:27 pm

In the knowledge that you had proof of posting, and that there was nothing in their system records, did she make any suggestions as to your next step?

What does your solicitor suggest?

atownboi
Newly Registered

Post by atownboi » Tue May 08, 2012 6:34 pm

She advised me to speak to my solicitor and get back to her. I haven't spoken to my solicitor as her office was closed so will ring tomorrow.