ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student visiting for graduation- help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

envisageamit0024
Newly Registered

Student visiting for graduation- help

Post by envisageamit0024 » Sun May 06, 2012 10:10 pm

Hello there,

I have recently completed my masters and wish to travel to UK for 2 weeks for graduation ceremony. I will be staying with a friend and she will provide the accommodation details. I have maintained 2400 pounds in my bank account for more than 6 months which I have loaned from my dad for the purpose of the visa. However, what I can't show is that even thou I'm employed I don't have a proper bank statement yet to support my other docs plus I can't ask my father to be a sponsor. Will a bank statement with enough cash and details of the stay along with a return ticket be enough to get the visa. Oh not to forget the letter from the University stating my purpose of the visit is for graduation ofcourse. Any help will be appreciated.

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Mon May 07, 2012 3:33 pm

If you show the letter from the Uni and your friends support in the UK that should cover the UK end of the application
If you are working why does your bank statement not show your income, I think you should look to get this sorted or at least a good letter from your employer showing your intention to return to India.
Show your Dads support too and include his statements as this will help to show that you have the funds to pay for your travel to the UK
pennyless

envisageamit0024
Newly Registered

Post by envisageamit0024 » Tue May 08, 2012 7:12 pm

pennylessinindia wrote:If you show the letter from the Uni and your friends support in the UK that should cover the UK end of the application
If you are working why does your bank statement not show your income, I think you should look to get this sorted or at least a good letter from your employer showing your intention to return to India.
Show your Dads support too and include his statements as this will help to show that you have the funds to pay for your travel to the UK
Thank you pennylessinindia, the problem is my dad is now retired so I can't show his support. The business with whom I'm currently employed past 6 months hasn't become completely functional and hence the staff is paid irregularly. This will hopefully be sorted once we become operational and then get a company's bank account.
Should I show my friends account too although she hasn't maintained any sort of funds in it?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 26, 2012 7:51 pm

envisageamit0024 wrote:Hello there,

I am applying with the letter of purpose which is graduation. My graduation will be held on 21 st June. However due to some reasons, my travel could be postponed and in this case I will most likely miss the convocation. I was wondering what if I apply with the letter now and receive the 6 month visa and then plan to travel later. Will the UKBA still allow me to enter? Do I have to apply with the tickets or can I just apply now and book the tickets later on?
I have a letter of accomodation and sufficient funds to cover my stay for a month. Which has been maintained for 6 months.
kINDLY SUGGEST.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 28, 2012 5:07 pm

If you know for sure that you will not be travelling to UK to attend the convocation then you should not state it as your intended purpose to travel to UK on a visit visa.

321(ii) and 321A(1) may be relevant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!