ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Updates on Zambrano applications

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue May 08, 2012 10:44 pm

Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:Hi everyone, how are you all carrying on? Home Office sent me a new COA today valid for another 6months. My application is 6 months this May.
My COA will expire on 19/6/2012 and my solicitor wrote to them last week to issue me a new COA so that I can continue working until my Zambrano application is decided. Hopefully I'll get a new COA very soon.

Did you remind them to send you a new COA or they sent it to you without being reminded?
Hi Prince74, my old COA is actually still valid till August because it was issued in February, but my solicitor said she wrote to them reminding them about my application hitting the 6 months mark and urging them to make a decision. But i read somewhere HO saying they will automatically renew everyone's COA.
Is your application based on the Zambrano judgement? If so, the UKBA can not make a decision until the EEA 2006 Regulation is amended later this year.

With the way the UKBA is grossly inefficient, I do not see them renewing everyone's COA without being reminded.
Yes my application is based on Zambrano. To be honest i doubt that my solicitor wrote to them because we are waiting for the implementation of the amended Regulations. Probably her way of disguising her surprise, because the last time i spoke to her she hadn't contacted them. About the renewal of COA, here's the link on FOI request i read http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/c ... lication_2

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed May 09, 2012 7:36 am

GLH2012 wrote:
howlong wrote:Does the HO still keep your passport or it is returned with the COA?
Thanks
My passport is still with HO waiting the amendment of the Regulations before the issuing of RC..I hope this is soon.
My passport was returned to my wife in January and immediately after receiving it my solicitor wrote to them to ask them why they had returned them. For over 3 months they did not reply. Two weeks ago after sending them a reminder, they called my solicitor to say that the passport was returned because they needed to repair my file, and apparently that it is UKBA's standard procedure to return all original documents when an applicant's file needs repairing. So my passport has been with me since January even though the UKBA withheld it in 2010 when they refused my Article 8 application. Besides the Zambrano application I also have Article 8 application which has been waiting to be reconsidered since May 2011. The UKBA is all a mess

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri May 11, 2012 10:19 am

Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
howlong wrote:Does the HO still keep your passport or it is returned with the COA?
Thanks
My passport is still with HO waiting the amendment of the Regulations before the issuing of RC..I hope this is soon.
My passport was returned to my wife in January and immediately after receiving it my solicitor wrote to them to ask them why they had returned them. For over 3 months they did not reply. Two weeks ago after sending them a reminder, they called my solicitor to say that the passport was returned because they needed to repair my file, and apparently that it is UKBA's standard procedure to return all original documents when an applicant's file needs repairing. So my passport has been with me since January even though the UKBA withheld it in 2010 when they refused my Article 8 application. Besides the Zambrano application I also have Article 8 application which has been waiting to be reconsidered since May 2011. The UKBA is all a mess
Oh wow! You have an Article 8 application still pending since May 2011? And am just considering putting in an Article 8 application as well since Zambrano is taking so long. I thought Human Rights application was quicker? Now am confused!

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri May 11, 2012 11:33 am

GLH2012 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
Thanks
Oh wow! You have an Article 8 application still pending since May 2011? And am just considering putting in an Article 8 application as well since Zambrano is taking so long. I thought Human Rights application was quicker? Now am confused!
My Article 8 application was submitted in May 2010. Zambrano applications are quicker because they are based on EU law, with Article 8 applications, it is outside the normal immigration rule and all you will be asking the UKBA is to exercise discretion in your favour.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Thu May 17, 2012 12:49 am

Hi Prince74 and all waiting for the implementation of Zambrano ruling, this may interest you all :) http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... e.pdf.html

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Thu May 17, 2012 7:20 am

GLH2012 wrote:Hi Prince74 and all waiting for the implementation of Zambrano ruling, this may interest you all :) http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/1 ... e.pdf.html
Hi GLH2012, thank you very much for the link. Mid-2012 is in June, so let wait and see what would happen next month.

harday
Newly Registered

COA UNDER ZAMBRANO

Post by harday » Fri May 18, 2012 9:47 am

hope the HO make the decision by june,cuz my own COA will be expire in 10 days.
what i notice about the COA is that ,the employers dont give you job when you present it to them.im very confuse about this.
any reason why they do this?

sarahassy

Re: COA UNDER ZAMBRANO

Post by sarahassy » Wed May 23, 2012 7:47 am

harday wrote:hope the HO make the decision by june,cuz my own COA will be expire in 10 days.
what i notice about the COA is that ,the employers dont give you job when you present it to them.im very confuse about this.
finally i got apart-time job with my COA.Let all pray for our passposts to be back in june.My COA is expiring next week.

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:28 pm

sarahassy wrote:
harday wrote:hope the HO make the decision by june,cuz my own COA will be expire in 10 days.
finally i got apart-time job with my COA.Let all pray for our passposts to be back in june.My COA is expiring next week.
Congrats for your job Sarahassy. I have been struggling to get a job with my COA. You are right harday, i have no idea why employers reject COA but i recently had a training with a company where i convinced the recruitment manager that my COA states i have rights to live and work in the UK which is only awaiting confirmation. Otherwise i would have been turned away. Keep trying. You will succeed. Also read the link in my earlier post. Seems HO will be done with Zambrano by June. I hope they do, i need my passport. Good luck to you all!

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed May 23, 2012 12:35 pm

Hi harday, have you received a replacement COA? I received a new COA early this month valid for another 6months, maybe you should request for one.

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Tue May 29, 2012 11:09 am

GLH2012 wrote:
Hi harday, have you received a replacement COA? I received a new COA early this month valid for another 6months, maybe you should request for one.
hello GLH2012 you posted on EEA time line forum that you received your resident card valid for 5 years yesterday. please i want to know if it was based on your zambrano application cos no one has given testimony on this forum. please carry us along

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Tue May 29, 2012 1:33 pm

mikilo2008 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
hello GLH2012 you posted on EEA time line forum that you received your resident card valid for 5 years yesterday. please i want to know if it was based on your zambrano application cos no one has given testimony on this forum. please carry us along
I dont think it was GLH2012 that received a resident card

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Tue May 29, 2012 4:20 pm

Prince74 wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
I dont think it was GLH2012 that received a resident card
thank you prince have gone back to check the discussion. she only made a comment on someone's Rc. guess i was inpatient cant wait for the amendment cause am really getting frustrated now. Im very sorry for the comment and confusion. happy waiting all

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Tue May 29, 2012 5:13 pm

No need to apologise mikilo2008. The wait is very frustrating, you are right. I quite identify with the December applicants of the other forum cos our timelines are almost identical. You just imagine if regulation were existing before now, we probably would be smiling by now. About your COA, you can request for a replacement using the contact on the link on my earlier post. Who knows, regulations may be out next month. Cheers!

labelle

Post by labelle » Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:10 pm

They have change again they statement from mid June to later. In 2012.
I don't think they really care [/url]

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:17 am

labelle wrote:They have change again they statement from mid June to later. In 2012.
My COA will expire on 19 June 2012. My solicitor has written to the UKBA twice in the last 6 weeks to remind them to send me a new COA but they have not replied and it looks like if I don't produce a new COA by the 19 June my employer may stop me from working. It took me 4 months to get this job because most of the employers where I had applied to were reluctant to accept the COA. I wish there was a law that could allow me to sue the UKBA for loss of earnings if I do loose my job. How long will this dilemma continue?????

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Prince74 wrote:
labelle wrote:They have change again they statement from mid June to later. In 2012.
My COA will expire on 19 June 2012. My solicitor has written to the UKBA twice in the last 6 weeks to remind them to send me a new COA but they have not replied and it looks like if I don't produce a new COA by the 19 June my employer may stop me from working. It took me 4 months to get this job because most of the employers where I had applied to were reluctant to accept the COA. I wish there was a law that could allow me to sue the UKBA for loss of earnings if I do loose my job. How long will this dilemma continue?????
Hi Prince, it's shocking you still have not received your replacement CoA. Infact when it comes to HO nothing surprises me. Try calling them, and also, the link in my earlier post has a contact person: Paula Rudd SCW, who deals with the issue of replacements of CoA. Tell them your job is at stake. Its not easy to get a job.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:55 pm

GLH2012 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
Hi Prince, it's shocking you still have not received your replacement CoA. Infact when it comes to HO nothing surprises me. Try calling them, and also, the link in my earlier post has a contact person: Paula Rudd SCW, who deals with the issue of replacements of CoA. Tell them your job is at stake. Its not easy to get a job.
My solicitor will be writing to Paula this week.

mikilo2008

Post by mikilo2008 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:59 pm

Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
Hi Prince, it's shocking you still have not received your replacement CoA. Infact when it comes to HO nothing surprises me. Try calling them, and
also, the link in my earlier post has a contact person: Paula Rudd SCW,
who deals with the issue of replacements of CoA. Tell them your job is at stake. Its not easy to get a job.
My solicitor will be writing to Paula this week.[/quote

Mine expired in may and have written to Paula 2 weeks before the expiry date reminding them that it will be expiring soon. since then no replacement COA has being provided yet. I have being looking for a job but have to relax now because there is nothing to show that i am permitted to work :(. Please does any one know the number to call so that i can give them a ring.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:56 am

mikilo2008 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
Hi Prince, it's shocking you still have not received your replacement CoA. Infact when it comes to HO nothing surprises me. Try calling them, and
who deals with the issue of replacements of CoA. Tell them your job is at stake. Its not easy to get a job.

Mine expired in may and have written to Paula 2 weeks before the expiry date reminding them that it will be expiring soon. since then no replacement COA has being provided yet. I have being looking for a job but have to relax now because there is nothing to show that i am permitted to work :(. Please does any one know the number to call so that i can give them a ring.
I would appreciate it if anyone could give me the telephone number for the team dealing with Zambrano applications. I am intending to call them this week to send me a new CoA as my current CoA is expiring in 7 days time.

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Prince74 wrote:
mikilo2008 wrote:
Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote: Hi Prince, it's shocking you still have not received your replacement CoA. Infact when it comes to HO nothing surprises me. Try calling them, and

I would appreciate it if anyone could give me the telephone number for the team dealing with Zambrano applications. I am intending to call them this week to send me a new CoA as my current CoA is expiring in 7 days time.
After 3 separate requests for a new CoA to be issued, my solicitor has received today a new one valid for 6 months!

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Hi,I have got my new COA.Valid for 6 months

GLH2012

Post by GLH2012 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi Prince74 and Sarahassy, a very big congrats to you both. Am glad the delay of the COA did not affect your job Prince :)

Prince74

Post by Prince74 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:47 pm

GLH2012 wrote:Hi Prince74 and Sarahassy, a very big congrats to you both. Am glad the delay of the COA did not affect your job Prince :)
Thank you very much GLH2012 for your support.

sarahassy

Post by sarahassy » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:36 am

Prince74 wrote:
GLH2012 wrote:Hi Prince74 and Sarahassy, a very big congrats to you both. Am glad the delay of the COA did not affect your job Prince :)
Thank you very much GLH2012 for your support.
Thanx GHL2012,my COA was dated in May but i don't know why it took long to get to solicitor