ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A bit of a desperate situation here, please advise.

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sevakian
Newly Registered

A bit of a desperate situation here, please advise.

Post by sevakian » Tue May 08, 2012 6:08 pm

So this is how it goes..

I finished my MBA in December 2011, and got a letter from the university saying I passed on January 2012. I did not yet have any money for the maintenance funds and as I was saving, I found out that this system would be stopped on April 6 and I found out late, so I had no other choice but to apply on April 2.

I have a confirmation from a UK university that I will be awarded a Masters degree in the summer. (within 12 months)

I included a photocopy of my Student visa

My passport, photo, the visa fees ($800..) etc etc..

The only problem was the maintenance funds, I did have the required amount but it wasn't in my account for 90 days.. so what I did was I provided a letter from the bank saying I have that much money now.. I also included the bank statement of my Father (owner of a company) showing more than $50,000 in the past 90 days and a letter from the bank saying he is ready to support me with up to $100,000.

I also included my UK NI number and details of my UK debit card.

I sent my application along with my biometric details through WorldBridge on April 2, and it has now been 23 working days with no news. Today they replied to my email saying due to the nature of my request, it has escalated for detailed research.

I've been effectively 35 days without my passport and I am dying here...

Someone tell me something.[/b]

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 08, 2012 6:13 pm

Unlike Tier 4, parents can't be the maintenance sponsor of Tier 1 migrants (unless it's a joint account in the name of the PBS migrant). Additionally, there is nothing in the PSW policy guidance to suggest that the mandatory maintenance period will be waived if the applicant's parents have $100,000 .

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Tue May 08, 2012 6:42 pm

I swear I know that much...

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Tue May 08, 2012 7:12 pm

According to the policy guidance you're right Lucapooka but if it were so clear cut why would they need to escalate it? Does it imply that they are looking at this as a special case?
Lucapooka wrote:Unlike Tier 4, parents can't be the maintenance sponsor of Tier 1 migrants (unless it's a joint account in the name of the PBS migrant). Additionally, there is nothing in the PSW policy guidance to suggest that the mandatory maintenance period will be waived if the applicant's parents have $100,000 .
Nefertiiti

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 08, 2012 9:16 pm

Worldbridge can't help in this situation; they have sent you a robot response to all enquiries. You might be lucky with this (but it will be an incorrect decision if you are granted),and if you are, you will have been very fortunate indeed.

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Tue May 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Despite the fact that I would be grateful, I wouldn't consider it fortune, because I have a good post-grad qualification. I have a clean record, I've been a constant visitor to the UK, and I have the proven ability to invest financially during my stay. It is true I don't meet the 90 days rule but that's because the window was going to close on April 6. My father owns a company which is basically there to fund me primarily; and provided enough time I could even have put my name alongside his and have a "shared account" so I'm not sure what the 90 day thing would be useful for here.

And as Nefertiiti mentioned, if it is going to be a No, why would I be left without a passport for 35 days and get refused?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue May 08, 2012 10:51 pm

What country did you apply from?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue May 08, 2012 11:06 pm

You seem to have indicated that the sole purpose of your father's company is to fund you. Perhaps meaning fund your settlement in the UK. That's how it seems. So why not apply for the Tier 1 (Ent) category in the event that your plans are derailed by this matter?

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Wed May 09, 2012 7:24 am

from Lebanon Greenie.

Luca, because the Entrepreneurial visas require you to start some sort of a business whilst in the UK, while I am seeking for normal employment. In fact I already know where I would be working, so if this doesn't work I might try the Tier 2(General) with a sponsorship letter from the employers.

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Fri May 11, 2012 2:31 pm

26 working days, and counting.

sevakian
Newly Registered

Post by sevakian » Mon May 14, 2012 9:31 am

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Mon May 14, 2012 10:17 am

I wonder what is the purpose of these additional posts from you?