ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr 10 yrs .... help regarding dependants

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

s_raj11

ilr 10 yrs .... help regarding dependants

Post by s_raj11 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:25 am

Hello,

I am applying for my ILR under 10 yrs rule. I have my Tier 1 visa till 10th of Aug. But could some one suggest me if for any reason i dont receive my passport back before 10th of August how about my wife and son? As they have their visa only till 10th of August. Will that be a problem for them?

Your suggestions and help is most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 09, 2012 10:34 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed May 09, 2012 10:42 am

Thanks Vinny. But does this mean they could continue to stay even after their visa expires. Also she is working at the moment, does this have any impact.

Your suggestion is much appreciated.

Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 09, 2012 11:15 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks Vinny,

But in the link provided by you earlier it says valid intime application. But am not sure when i can apply for my wife as it depends on my application when i get it back. Is there any other way to send their applications before their expiry date???

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 09, 2012 11:57 am

Your wife should apply for FLR(M) at the same time as you apply for settlement or soon after you have applied for settlement ... but definitely before her current leave expires.

In either case, make sure that it is mentioned in a covering letter that you are applying / have applied for settlement (and provide necessary personal details - name, dob, nationality, passport no., settlement application reference no. (if she applies after you have received the same) etc.) to help UKBA tag your wife's (and child's) FLR application to your settlement application.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

s_raj11

Post by s_raj11 » Wed May 09, 2012 12:00 pm

Thanks a lot for your information.