ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Student Visa UK from Pakistan

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrmuez

Student Visa UK from Pakistan

Post by mrmuez » Mon May 07, 2012 10:53 am

Hey Guyz So this is my story , i applied through a consultant in lahore , his a very good consultant and he helped with getting a CAS and stuff and file preparing and stuff ... Had to get my Certificates Attested from IBC and HEC and then i submitted my file on 26th april and surpringly got interview date on 1st may and went for interview on 3rd may , interview was unusual and weird but fun and so now my question how long will it take to get a response from British Embassy ? When will i get my visa ???

Furqan Chohan
- thin ice -

Post by Furqan Chohan » Mon May 07, 2012 11:39 am

i guess it will take 2 weeks or less than it to give you a response regarding visa.

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Furqan Chohan wrote:i guess it will take 2 weeks or less than it to give you a response regarding visa.
Thanks for your reply brother , i have another question on Sunday i received a call from islamabad , this guy said he works at british council and he wanted my neighbors phone number , first he said he knows myy neighbors and then he said his office is in british embassy or whatever .. he was talking all funny sometime in english sometime in urdu and making no sense at all ... then he asked about ielts and i said i took my ielts test in lahore in topaz he said they dont take ielts test in topaz i was like what? it was just a very weird call and i told my consultant about it , he said why embassy people call you on SUNDAY ? On Sat and Sun offices are closed , somebody was pranking or you something ... i am really nervous please reply if anybody had the same thing happend to them ...

Deviser

Post by Deviser » Mon May 07, 2012 6:24 pm

I think British Embassy in Pakistan is running a scheme like "buy one visa & get one visa free for your nieghbore". :p

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Mon May 07, 2012 8:46 pm

Deviser wrote:I think British Embassy in Pakistan is running a scheme like "buy one visa & get one visa free for your nieghbore". :p
lolz it would be so awesome if that was true....

Furqan Chohan
- thin ice -

Post by Furqan Chohan » Tue May 08, 2012 6:12 am

mrmuez wrote:
Furqan Chohan wrote:i guess it will take 2 weeks or less than it to give you a response regarding visa.
Thanks for your reply brother , i have another question on Sunday i received a call from islamabad , this guy said he works at british council and he wanted my neighbors phone number , first he said he knows myy neighbors and then he said his office is in british embassy or whatever .. he was talking all funny sometime in english sometime in urdu and making no sense at all ... then he asked about ielts and i said i took my ielts test in lahore in topaz he said they dont take ielts test in topaz i was like what? it was just a very weird call and i told my consultant about it , he said why embassy people call you on SUNDAY ? On Sat and Sun offices are closed , somebody was pranking or you something ... i am really nervous please reply if anybody had the same thing happend to them ...

First thing is that Embassy don't call candidates in weekends like saturday or atleast sunday. Secondly what i know is that IELTS usually conducts by two bodies, first is british council and second is AEO. even i dont about topaz. any ways i wish you'll get visa soon.

Furqan Chohan
- thin ice -

Post by Furqan Chohan » Tue May 08, 2012 6:14 am

my mistake its testing center.

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Tue May 08, 2012 8:07 am

Furqan Chohan wrote:my mistake its testing center.
yeah i was talking about testing cenetre , he said they take ielts test in pace not Topaz Event Complex ... I know about the two bodies BC and AEO .... He was talking about test centre ........... Please Please Pray bro that i get visa sooon ....

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Tue May 08, 2012 8:11 am

anybody else waiting for visa?

The Legend
Newly Registered

Re: Student Visa UK from Pakistan

Post by The Legend » Tue May 08, 2012 8:48 am

yeah i heard pakistani students have to face compulsory interview.
mrmuez wrote:Hey Guyz So this is my story , i applied through a consultant in lahore , his a very good consultant and he helped with getting a CAS and stuff and file preparing and stuff ... Had to get my Certificates Attested from IBC and HEC and then i submitted my file on 26th april and surpringly got interview date on 1st may and went for interview on 3rd may , interview was unusual and weird but fun and so now my question how long will it take to get a response from British Embassy ? When will i get my visa ???
what questions did they ask? can you share with us?

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Tue May 08, 2012 9:18 am

The Legend wrote:yeah i heard pakistani students have to face compulsory interview.
mrmuez wrote:Hey Guyz So this is my story , i applied through a consultant in lahore , his a very good consultant and he helped with getting a CAS and stuff and file preparing and stuff ... Had to get my Certificates Attested from IBC and HEC and then i submitted my file on 26th april and surpringly got interview date on 1st may and went for interview on 3rd may , interview was unusual and weird but fun and so now my question how long will it take to get a response from British Embassy ? When will i get my visa ???
what questions did they ask? can you share with us?
Bro it was a How you say ? A Topy Drama .... Total Crap , just a waste of time and money ... u have to go all over to islamabad and then it cost 500 just to reach the uk embassy then they ask u 5 to 10 crap question totally un-related to ur course or subject ......

I am sharing few questions they ask here ..

1-What is ur name?
2-Where your from ?
3-What is the distance between here to ur city ?
4-What is the name of college u r applying to ?
5-Have u ever been to islamabad before?
6-Why did u came to islamabad before?
7-Any relatives in UK ?

some other question they asked (other candidates told me these)

They asked about love and other weird questions . they were just testing ur english and ur response and confidence ...

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 08, 2012 12:38 pm

mrmuez wrote:I attached a running finance loan letter of 15lakh from Bank of Punjab with my admission is it okay?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 08, 2012 12:39 pm

mrmuez wrote:
Furqan Chohan wrote:mrmuez can you please confirm for which city you have applied for and what was your course fees.
I applied for British School of Management Sciences , it is located in Ill ford Essex , Applied for Level 6 Diploma in Business and Administration ... Its a 3 Years Course .... Attached 15 lakh running finance loan letter from BOP .... And My Ielts Score is 6.5 Overall .... I paid 2000 Pounds out of 3600 Pounds ...
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Furqan Chohan
- thin ice -

Post by Furqan Chohan » Wed May 09, 2012 4:52 am

an institute in which you applied for is in B rating, didnt you check UKBA latest ranking ??? you'll face consequences when you'll be in UK.

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Wed May 09, 2012 6:07 am

Furqan Chohan wrote:an institute in which you applied for is in B rating, didnt you check UKBA latest ranking ??? you'll face consequences when you'll be in UK.
what kind of consequence brother?

The Legend
Newly Registered

Post by The Legend » Wed May 09, 2012 9:16 am

mrmuez wrote:
Bro it was a How you say ? A Topy Drama .... Total Crap , just a waste of time and money ... u have to go all over to islamabad and then it cost 500 just to reach the uk embassy then they ask u 5 to 10 crap question totally un-related to ur course or subject ......

I am sharing few questions they ask here ..

1-What is ur name?
2-Where your from ?
3-What is the distance between here to ur city ?
4-What is the name of college u r applying to ?
5-Have u ever been to islamabad before?
6-Why did u came to islamabad before?
7-Any relatives in UK ?

some other question they asked (other candidates told me these)

They asked about love and other weird questions . they were just testing ur english and ur response and confidence ...
thanks. do inform us whether you got your visa or not.

Furqan Chohan
- thin ice -

Post by Furqan Chohan » Wed May 09, 2012 10:46 am

Institute that don't have Highly Trusted Institution status will have to convert themselves before December 2012 or else student will have to get an admission in Highly Trusted Institution or else they will have to leave UK

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Wed May 09, 2012 3:26 pm

Furqan Chohan wrote:Institute that don't have Highly Trusted Institution status will have to convert themselves before December 2012 or else student will have to get an admission in Highly Trusted Institution or else they will have to leave UK
Ok but it will not be an issue with british embassy right ?? I will be able to get a visa right?

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Wed May 09, 2012 3:56 pm

Furqan Chohan wrote:Institute that don't have Highly Trusted Institution status will have to convert themselves before December 2012 or else student will have to get an admission in Highly Trusted Institution or else they will have to leave UK
Read Somewhere else :
Oh dear, don’t worry about it. Visa is issued to students of both A and B rating colleges. A & B rating colleges are both UKBA registered sponsors. Just go ahead. Wish you all the best. If you have further queries, don’t hesitate to ask.

Furqan Chohan
- thin ice -

Post by Furqan Chohan » Wed May 09, 2012 7:24 pm

read my above post with open eyes, i said you'll face consequence when you'll be in UK. just go ahead and you'll get your answers there

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Wed May 09, 2012 8:42 pm

Furqan Chohan wrote:read my above post with open eyes, i said you'll face consequence when you'll be in UK. just go ahead and you'll get your answers there
dude i am not contradicting ur reply , i just said somwhere new universities and colleges automatically are b rated , they get upgraded to a and highly trusted as time passes ...

Furqan Chohan
- thin ice -

Post by Furqan Chohan » Thu May 10, 2012 6:06 am

Last year rule was announced that B or A rated colleges needs to convert themselves to Highly Trusted or else they gets shutdown. There are tons of students in UK who had taken admission in A rating and after that college got close. So beware of it, i just dont know through which agent you had applied because agents never let student know reality.

Wish you good luck ..

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Fri May 11, 2012 7:40 am

Wao that was fast , today i recvd sms from gerrys that My Visa Application is Under Process at British High Commision but after an hour i rcvd sms that Your Passport has been rcvd Plz Collect from UK Visa Application Centre where you submitted you app between 2pm to 3pm monday thru friday ...

I am so happy and nervous .... :D :D

Furqan Chohan
- thin ice -

Post by Furqan Chohan » Fri May 11, 2012 8:17 am

Congratulations and good luck for future .

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Fri May 11, 2012 8:24 am

Furqan Chohan wrote:Congratulations and good luck for future .
thanks bro i will let u guyz know on monday what kind of news i got :-) ... inshallah it will be goood i hope