ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IT Issue @ Croydon - Deferred cases

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

IT Issue @ Croydon - Deferred cases

Post by mehulsanghvi » Tue May 08, 2012 4:31 pm

Hi,

I had an appointment for 10:20am

Reached there at 09:35 and things were slow from there on.
Our finger prints were done by 13:45.
Then the long wait!
When inquired at customer service desk after 1.5hrs, they said that there were IT issues with the system which verifies the biometric info and it was running 4 hrs behind!

Finally my tkt no was called at 15:45 just to be told that I should submit all my papers in a folder and they will get in touch with me!! :(

Thx to this forum, I had prepared my folder for this eventuality.
The officer did not even look at what documents I am submitting and simply put a few random ticks on the receipt.

After paying £3444 (incl 3 dependants) I am currently feeling shortchanged and cheated.

Let's see what happens next.

But once again, many thx to everyone on this forum.

Rgds

vik_mad

Re: IT Issue @ Croydon - 8th May

Post by vik_mad » Tue May 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Hi, somebody just posted re the ILR success on 08th may, i think you wre just unlucky...anyway good luck.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 23f056d1ca

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 08, 2012 4:55 pm

Thats a joke and sounds like a rip-off!
Now I'm thinkin should I switch to postal instead!!

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue May 08, 2012 5:12 pm

this isn't good. £3500. thats a lot of money. could you not have said that you would rather send a postal application and could've saved at least a grand dude

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Tue May 08, 2012 5:20 pm

I am in the same situation. I went there on the 3rd, all same - biometrics, caseworker said all is fine but the system does not work and said I have to go from the floor 2 to 1 and bring my documents there, then they took all my documents and gave me an appointment for today. I came this morning only to be told that I have to go home and wait for the call. I asked when I can expect the call - they said they don't know. end of story. no refund no documents.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 08, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi Iriny,
Just to be clear we are talking about PEO-Croydon, right?
If so, does anyone know any issues at solihul peo?
Mohit

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Tue May 08, 2012 5:52 pm

singhmohit wrote:Hi Iriny,
Mohit
yes croydon

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 08, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks Iriny k
Mohit

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

Post by prashpatel1 » Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 pm

singhmohit wrote:Hi Iriny,
Mohit
hi,

There were no issue at solihull today since i was there bcoz i had 10:15am appointment for ILR with one dependant. Everything was smooth.

Got ILR approved by 13:20.

Avoid Croydon at all cost, solihull experience was the best. (I am also a victim of 3 may croydon incident. but i have gone to solihull today).

Thanks

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Tue May 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks and congrats Paresh
Mohit

naeed

Post by naeed » Tue May 08, 2012 9:44 pm

Another victim of 8 may at peo croydon.
Very upset.
Thank you.

naeed

Post by naeed » Tue May 08, 2012 9:47 pm

And never even bothered to check my documents and refused to take photocopies...strange.
Thank you.

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

Post by mehulsanghvi » Wed May 09, 2012 10:05 am

I think that the team who manages the biometric verification have a mechanism to throttle the number of verifications on a given day to ensure that the system doesnt fall over.
They must have allocated a predefined number of verification requests that each PEO can send and hence while other PEO's do not face the problems that frequently due to lower number of applications going through, Croydon PEO would utilise the allocated number during first couple of hours every morning.

I could see that applicants until ticket number 60 had their cases reviewed whereas for the rest, they just collected the documents.

For anyone going to Croydon, I would suggest that get the earliest appointment for the day.

Regards

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Wed May 09, 2012 10:14 am

mehulsanghvi wrote:I think that the team who manages the biometric verification have a mechanism to throttle the number of verifications on a given day to ensure that the system doesnt fall over.
They must have allocated a predefined number of verification requests that each PEO can send and hence while other PEO's do not face the problems that frequently due to lower number of applications going through, Croydon PEO would utilise the allocated number during first couple of hours every morning.

I could see that applicants until ticket number 60 had their cases reviewed whereas for the rest, they just collected the documents.

For anyone going to Croydon, I would suggest that get the earliest appointment for the day.

Regards
But Mehul, your appointment was of 10:20. that didnt help, did it?
Ive just started to develop a very cynic opnion about the cryodon PEO. Clearly they have messed up things twice in less that two weeks!

mehulsanghvi
Newly Registered

Post by mehulsanghvi » Wed May 09, 2012 10:38 am

@mohit

While my appointment was at 10:20am, my ticket number was still over 100. The appointments start at 8:15am and there are appointment allocated after every 5 minutes since 8:15am.. so by 10:20am.. it is pretty late I guess.

singhmohit
United Kingdom

Post by singhmohit » Wed May 09, 2012 10:42 am

@mehul
I thought It start around 9 with 40 mins each. didnt knew appointments are given after every 5 mins.
Someone said, applicants get treated like catles; I guess they were right!
Have they gotten back to you yet or you still waiting to hear from them?

gm21

Post by gm21 » Wed May 09, 2012 11:19 am

@ Prashpatel 1

Since you mentioned that you did not have Highly skilled job, did the case worker asked you about it ? Or he didn't bother with job at all

Thanks

naeed

Post by naeed » Wed May 09, 2012 11:54 am

I agree with mehul with early appointments and i noticed the representative movements(solicitors) could see called at counter now n then............seems its like solicitors service not premium service.

Thank you.

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Wed May 09, 2012 12:01 pm

I had 8:30 appointment and still didn't get my ILR. They just keep the documents now and said I have to wait for a call - no date guidance, no refund.

naeed

Post by naeed » Wed May 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi
Iriny_k did they ask u to go or r u still there for ur turn?

Thank u

naeed

Post by naeed » Wed May 09, 2012 12:08 pm

Iriny_k sorry i didnt read ur earlier post hence this incorrect post

Thank u

Iriny_k

Post by Iriny_k » Wed May 09, 2012 12:16 pm

naeed wrote:Hi
Iriny_k did they ask u to go or r u still there for ur turn?

Thank u
I am a victim of the 3rd of May, but exactly the same situation. They asked me to come there yesterday for the second time, and when I came I was told my biometrics is OK but the case is not decided and I have to go home. So I made the 2nd trip for nothing... and no ILR, no passport

prashpatel1
Newly Registered

Post by prashpatel1 » Wed May 09, 2012 2:02 pm

gm21 wrote:@ Prashpatel 1

Since you mentioned that you did not have Highly skilled job, did the case worker asked you about it ? Or he didn't bother with job at all

Thanks
No.case worker was not bother about that. As far as one has earned the enough money to score required points. Its fine

dehjet

Re: IT Issue @ Croydon - 8th May

Post by dehjet » Wed May 09, 2012 8:10 pm

vik_mad wrote:Hi, somebody just posted re the ILR success on 08th may, i think you wre just unlucky...anyway good luck.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 23f056d1ca
Hi, I am the one who posted that message, I should admit that I am shocked when I saw this post by chance while replying to the questions on the other topic.I am sorry to hear that they had IT issues on 8th may as well, I understand the situation very well because last week when I was there they had an IT issue as well and our appointments cancelled and I had to find another date, which was actually this date..

My appointment was for an early hour and I was there by 7.30 and I got by approval by 11

I suggest everyone to book an early appointment for the day and go there early as possible just in case.

I should also say that you are lucky at least a bit because they didn't refund your money and tell you go start again and re-book an appointment for another day like they did to us.

psb

Post by psb » Wed May 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Last edited by psb on Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.