ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success 09/05/2012 – PEO Croydon

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vik_mad

ILR Success 09/05/2012 – PEO Croydon

Post by vik_mad » Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Special thanks to Susdmehta & Linkers and to all the members who have been helping out and answered any queries related to ILR.

My case was HSMP + Tier 1, landed in the UK after 35 days of my initial visa date. Holidays less than 180 days including business trips.

Luckily there were no IT errors as I was very much skeptical about this recent issue. I had an appointment this morning at 09.25am, as normal practice I was there along with my family (wife and child) at around 08.45. By 09.10 the payment was made and by 09.25 my form was validated. By 09.45 our biometrics was done.

They told me to go on the 2nd floor and wait for the number, after roughly 2 hours or so they called me up and said you need to go down to 01st floor. And on the 01st floor they told me to hand over the files, I was bit worried as there were no face to face interview. When I asked them about it they said that they are going to check my file in the back end. I was bit upset as I was not prepared for this and I didn’t have my docs in the proper proper order like I would prepare my file with professional help. I was under impression that the cw will ask me the docs and will give it to her. I didn’t have any choice so they told me to come back after 2 hours.

Docs I submitted as below:
•Council Tax addressed to me and my wife
•Thames water bill addressed to me and my wife
•EON Electricity bill addressed to me and my wife
•Pay slips for last 2 years starting from 2010-2012 addressed to my wife
•NHS medical card addressed to my wife
•Application Form SET(O) Version 04/2012
•All Passports of Main Applicant & Dependants
•2 x Photographs of Main Applicant and each dependant (with full name on the back of each)
•2 x LIUK Test Certificates
•12 months bank statement
•12 months pay slips
•12 months income spreadsheet
•Employment History from HMRC for 4 years + latest eP-60 (2011/2012)
•Original HSMP Approval Letter
•Tier-1 (General) Extension Letter
•Marriage Certificate
•Master’s degree (already submitted at the time of Tier-1 general extension)
•Tenancy agreement – proof of accommodation
•Employers reference letter
•Photocopies of all Documents

When I went back to PEO after 2 hours, I again waited for 45 minutes and they handed over my documents to me and informed that my application is approved. I shall be receiving my biometrics card within 7-10 days of my application.

Please let me know if anyone has any questions and I will be happy to reply.

Tks,

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed May 09, 2012 5:41 pm

Congrats vik_mad. I am glad that your got your ILR today !

psb

Post by psb » Wed May 09, 2012 9:44 pm

Did they turn anyone away without a decision whilst you were there?

I have an afternoon appointment in 2 two weeks time and I am dreading being turned away after paying the hefty fee.

haider2026
Newly Registered

First entry into uk

Post by haider2026 » Thu May 10, 2012 2:53 pm

Hi

Many congrats on ILR. I have a question for you. I got my HSMP in 2007 June and entered the UK 76 days after my first leave due to my ongling interview for the employer here in UK. I am scoring 85 points on the calculator. Will this be a problem that i came to UK 76 days after i got my first visa? And will this be counted as absence from UK?

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 10, 2012 5:21 pm

haider2026: you don’t need to worry as you entered within 90 days of getting EC.

As per the modernised guidance, you can apply for ILR 28 days before the 5th anniversary of your HSMP Visa date.

I and most of the people on this forum applied 28 days before the 5th anniversary of our ECs.