ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Entry clearance refused :( uk spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mosesmoses

Entry clearance refused :( uk spouse visa

Post by mosesmoses » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:00 am

Hi guys,

Last month my wife in pakistan applied for the uk spouse visa but it was refused on the grounds that we have provided little evidence of regular contact.

What we provided were the following:

Photos of wedding functions
Personal photos + some with friends and family
Money transfer slips which i sent her
Itemized phone bills showing calls, sms, date, time, duration, cost

This is what the ECO wrote:

"It is reasonable to expect that in a genuine subsisting, supportive and affectionate relationship, there would be evidence of regular contact, signs of companionship, emotional support, affection and an abiding interest in each other's welfare and well being, this is not evident in your application nor in the documention you have submitted. I see no evidence of greeting cards, emails, skype messages or calls. In order to sustain your marriage and maintain communication between you as you are apart it would be reasonable to expect a high level of correspondence of all types in order to grow as a couple and to continue to learn about each other, your home lives, routines, friends, family and your aspirations for your life together, none of this has been submitted and i am therefore not satisfied that you and your sponsor intend to live permanently with each other and that the marriage is subsisting. 281 (iii)"

Now we havent sent any cards to each other, both our birthdays are early next year, our wedding anniversary is next year, what kind of cards exactly do they want to see?

Our means of communication has always been via telephone and sms.

A few questions I have:

Date of refusal was 5th october 2011 but we recieved the notice today. From which date do we have 28 days to appeal?

Has anyone else had their applicatiom refused on similar grounds and what did you do to remedy it?

When I appeal, do I do it from the UK or does my wife submit in pakistan? Also do we just send what they have asked for or do I need to resubmit all the papers sent with the original application?

Naturally we are extremely upset with this decision, to tell us we dont intend to be together because we didnt use skype or send each other easter cards seems rediculous.

I am travelling to pakistan in a few weeks time so I would be extremely gratefull for any information, experiences and advice anyone can provide.

Many thanks in advance! :( :(

mosesmoses

Post by mosesmoses » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:26 pm

anyone? :oops:

Destiny08
Newly Registered

Post by Destiny08 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:06 am

I'm trying to go to the UK to be with my husband at the moment - i just didnt like that there were no replies! lol.

do you not have any emails/smses you can actually show them? so they can see what KIND of contact you're having? it sounds like they simply didnt have enough proof that you have a...valid relationship.

was the refusal letter sent recorded mail? if so, i think you'll have until 28 days after you received it.

i think your wife would be the 1 to appeal it, as she's the one who applied.

i hope some of this helps, though like I said, I'm not an expert. hope it works out for you :)

aaaaaa123

Post by aaaaaa123 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Hi
Type this in google 123greetings.com
n just send ur loved 1 some ecards from thier, thier lots of different 1,s u can send. (miss u, love u )etc

mosesmoses

Post by mosesmoses » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

Hi guys, thank you for the replies.

I have sms on my phone but how to show them? :shock:

I was just bewildered that in this day and age they want us to send letters/cards to each other through the post :roll:

Anyway now I've just sent my wife her first eid card, have managed to retrieve some old emails we sent each other while she was staying with friends (she herself doesnt have internet)

Do I need to send print outs of the actual emails? or is there a way just to show they were sent to each other

Also I have some screen shots of us doing video calls but as they were from my phone there is no date time so I dont know if these will be usefull, but I have plenty and wearing different clothes so maybe

I honestly thought the money transfers and huge printout of itemized phone bills would be enough :(

Anyone else can advise?

many thanks!

Exquisit33

Post by Exquisit33 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:28 am

mosesmoses wrote:Hi guys, thank you for the replies.

I was just bewildered that in this day and age they want us to send letters/cards to each other through the post :roll:

Anyway now I've just sent my wife her first eid card, have managed to retrieve some old emails we sent each other while she was staying with friends (she herself doesnt have internet)

Do I need to send print outs of the actual emails? or is there a way just to show they were sent to each other

Also I have some screen shots of us doing video calls but as they were from my phone there is no date time so I dont know if these will be usefull, but I have plenty and wearing different clothes so maybe

I honestly thought the money transfers and huge printout of itemized phone bills would be enough :(

Anyone else can advise?

many thanks!

Please check your PM
Also a similar thread is already created on the forums, you may find it useful, with a lot of information:
Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Thank you.
Allah is the greatest!

KPK1
Newly Registered

Post by KPK1 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:40 pm

The ECO seems to have overlooked your itemised phone bills. Is it a mobile phone bill showing your wife's number?

The statement 'no evidence of calls or messages' suggests they have made a mistake given that an itemised phone bill is usually accepted as evidence of calls and/or messages.

sakman

Post by sakman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:52 am

mosesmoses wrote:Hi guys, thank you for the replies.

Anyone else can advise?

many thanks!
sorry, its been a month since you posted this, but i have just read this now, hope its not too late for your application but try

1. firstly write a formal letter at the start- stating that even tough you have been apart you have kept in regular contact and have used every oppourtunity to keep in touch and keep the relationship going.
2. talk about signs of companionship, emotional support, affection and an abiding interest in each other's welfare and well being in that letter

then show as evidence
1. keeping all the envelopes and dated letters you sent each other. envelopes are good as there got the date of postage on them.
2. sending online greeting cards also- and print out proof of payment
3. maybe write a letter each about the future plans you have with your wife and vice versa

has anyone got any other ideas?

Angel82
Newly Registered

APPEAL!

Post by Angel82 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 pm

hi, my husband had apply for spouse uk visa in 5th december 2011, he attend the interview at the embassy in New Delhi on the 20th February 2012 but three days after on the 23rd February 2012, he had a phone call to say his visa was refused, this was due to his lack of english and evidence of our conversation such as Mobile sms or call! he had provided all other evidence of our time together like a photos of before our marriage and after marriage including photos of myself wit all his families, including all the birthday, anniversary cards and gifts i send and emails too. My husband had appeal on 24th February 2012, now it is May 2012, we had no appeal date so far, it been over nearly three months and we are still waiting for his appeal date. I been apart from my husband for five months and i don't think i can bear this being apart any longer, but i know there are many of you out there da feel the same as me, my husband was upset to learn da he couldn't be with me in uk for my birthday which was on sunday. Do any of you know how long these appeal take as we have now provide evidence of Mobile call and sms and my husband had attend english speaking courses which he had passed and had inprove in his english speaking. I do hope god will help us in this situation like this.

Angel82
Newly Registered

Post by Angel82 » Wed May 09, 2012 1:48 pm

mosesmoses wrote:Hi guys, thank you for the replies. I have sms on my phone but how to show them? :shock: I was just bewildered that in this day and age they want us to send letters/cards to each other through the post :roll: Anyway now I've just sent my wife her first eid card, have managed to retrieve some old emails we sent each other while she was staying with friends (she herself doesnt have internet) Do I need to send print outs of the actual emails? or is there a way just to show they were sent to each other Also I have some screen shots of us doing video calls but as they were from my phone there is no date time so I dont know if these will be usefull, but I have plenty and wearing different clothes so maybe I honestly thought the money transfers and huge printout of itemized phone bills would be enough :( Anyone else can advise? many thanks!

hi,

your wife had to be the one to appeal for her spouse visa if she had apply for visa application herself? whoever apply for spouse visa had to be the one who can appeal. Before she appeal, try and provided evidences the embassy ask for before you appeal, my husband had provided all other two evidence before he appeal, but his appeal is taking too long and he had no appeal date yet, i do hope your wife get her appeal date quicker, i wish you all the best

lucy_2011
Member of Standing

Post by lucy_2011 » Wed May 09, 2012 3:57 pm

Hello moses,

wat was the outcome of ur appeal as i was also refused spouse visa on same day....

want to knw frm u...
Spouse Visa Applied at VFS Delhi: 5th Sep, 11
Refusal Recvd: 4th Oct, 11
Appeal Lodged: 21st Oct, 11
Hearing Date: 2nd March, 2012
Appeal Allowd: 23rd Mar, 12
Call Letter Recvd: 2nd Apr, 12
VISA GRANTED: 3rd Apr, 12
ILR Granted: 12th Sep 2014

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Wed May 09, 2012 4:58 pm

I am getting really concerned with the number of posts with rejections on grounds like these. Especially as there is recent case law which has further clarified this area. Basically judges/ECO's should not impose their own expectations on what a married couple should and shouldnt do. One judgment specifically implies that it was a ridiculous decision to say that the relationship isnt subsisting because of a lack of text messages when communication was in other ways!

Here's the link
http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/02/ ... marriages/

I correspond via facebook and skye - he has no mobile and post would never get there unless he rents PO box - which we will have to do before the application. Do I really have to write fletters which he won't get or may possibly get 3 weeks after I have sent them even though we video talk everyday?

Where does this leave people who have been rejected on this ground? They have to wait a year to appeal which if this is the only point in contention seems like a sure win or pay for a new application???????
Hoping to be reunited soon

pennylessinindia

Post by pennylessinindia » Wed May 09, 2012 7:50 pm

carlyann wrote:I am getting really concerned with the number of posts with rejections on grounds like these. Especially as there is recent case law which has further clarified this area. Basically judges/ECO's should not impose their own expectations on what a married couple should and shouldnt do. One judgment specifically implies that it was a ridiculous decision to say that the relationship isnt subsisting because of a lack of text messages when communication was in other ways!

Here's the link
http://www.freemovement.org.uk/2012/02/ ... marriages/

I correspond via facebook and skye - he has no mobile and post would never get there unless he rents PO box - which we will have to do before the application. Do I really have to write fletters which he won't get or may possibly get 3 weeks after I have sent them even though we video talk everyday?

Where does this leave people who have been rejected on this ground? They have to wait a year to appeal which if this is the only point in contention seems like a sure win or pay for a new application???????
If you use facebook and skpe she evidence of this with your application.
pennyless

carlyann

Post by carlyann » Thu May 10, 2012 1:39 am

I will but I am still concerned that the ECO will wrongly make the decision that we should have corresponded in other ways as well - i've read so many sad stories on this point. I have taken the advice of another user and started sending free online greeting cards! which feels ridiculous as its not really 'us' and we speak face to face on free skype calls everyday - but free skype calls are not verifiable
Hoping to be reunited soon

nosah

Post by nosah » Fri May 11, 2012 1:27 pm

i have noticed that too many people have been refused for this reason which is not fair, my husband will submit his application next week and we have covered all these things: sms since 2010, emails since 2006, yahoo chats, phone calls, greating cards since 2008 and as i am a person who likes to keep everything he sent to me and i sent to him therefore i still have receipts in which i send him the gifts via dhl, royal mail etc since 2006. So my advice to you is to try now contact her everyday using yahoo or msm, try to send her online greating cards etc.
hope this will help, good luck
I will always love you habiby

Applied for spouse visa 30 May
Ready for collection 16 Aug
Visa stamped 15 Aug

Thanks God