ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Success on 09.05.12 Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Raghav1978
Newly Registered

ILR Success on 09.05.12 Croydon PEO

Post by Raghav1978 » Wed May 09, 2012 9:34 pm

Hi

ILR success in Croydon PEO today. Faced some initial anxiousness due to my self employment docs. Rest went well on smoothly.

Checked in Croydon PEO @ 7.45 am for 9 am appmt. Security check ,payment , background check, BRP finished within 30 mins. Went to case worker @ 8.45. Asked some self employment docs which I didnt have. Luckily HMRC letter saying my employment history + self employed works proved the case worker all his doubts. It should have been completed before 10.30 am. But CW went on his break for half an hr. so got ILR approved @ 11.15 am. So it took precise 3.30 hour to get ILR.

Success at last after intense preparation, anxious days for waiting for the appointment , IT related issues @ croydon PEO.

Checklists :
SET (O)
Passports
Self employed docs : bank statements, HMRC letter for my 2011-12 returns accountant letter SA return receipt from HMRC
Couple of HMRC correspondence in relation to my self employment including NI history employment history earning history Class 2 NIC payment details for 2011-12 ( two quarter receipts including stamped receipts n invoice )
Masters docs
Co habitation docs
Life in UK
Photos
Bank statements 12 mths
Birth certificate of my son
Marriage certificate
P60
HMRC letter confirming all 5 yr tax history

Croydon PEO help desk guy politely said there are some IT issues going on at the moment but it depends upon on the rush hour or load. Luckily for us we booked 9 am appmt. Make sure those who are going for PEO appmt book early morning as they are lot easier in terms of IT related issues. But Customer service desk guy will let. Know before there are any IT issues or not.

Patience n lots of planning goes on behind every successful application. Expect some awkward CW.

All the best for those who are applying.

PS: for self employment history NI history call HMRC and NI help line and they ll promptly send ur history within 4-5 days. :D :D :lol: :lol:

northstar101
Newly Registered

Post by northstar101 » Thu May 10, 2012 8:22 am

I also had a good experience yesterday for ILR at Croydon. My appointment was at 8.20am and ILR was granted by 11.40am which included a 30 min break by the cw. I agree that it is best to book the earliest appointment as the place is less crowded and people are fresh.

My case was simple; HSMP + Tier 1. I entered 60 days after HSMP visa and only had 21 absences with full time employment at the same company.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu May 10, 2012 8:31 am

Hi

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations to both of you on getting your ILR and thanks a lot for sharing your experience on the forum.

Good luck for your futures.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Thu May 10, 2012 9:28 am

Congrats Raghav1978. I am assuming you are not director of a Limited Company.

One of my friends is also applying as a ‘Self Employed’ and his NI gets deducted every month from his personal bank account (it’s not the limited company).

Please can you let me know what documents you provided for your ILR ?

He is planning to take these with him.

• Invoices (prepared by accountant on plain paper and signed by my friend).
• Bank Statements showing the money paid to him.
• Accountant Letter (basically a spreadsheet of all payments made to him in 12 months).

Please can you take a look if you think anything needs to be added or removed from this list ?