ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visitor Refusal

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

johnplayer
Newly Registered

Family Visitor Refusal

Post by johnplayer » Wed May 09, 2012 7:56 pm

Hi Everyone,

My Father applied family visitor visa to visit me in UK. His application got refused today based on following:

1. No proof of large deposits in his account.
2. No proof of rental income from house portion he has rented.
3. Visa officer not satisfied by the intention of him leaving UK.

I have a few questions now:

1. Should I go for appeal or new application or both ?

2. The rental income he gets is in cash, how can he show proof for that as he does not deposit it in any account and keeps the cash to spend in home expenses. He does sign on plain paper about the amount received and gives that to tenant.

3. How can he prove his intention of leaving UK at the end of his visit? He has 3 children out of which 2 are abroad including me and one in his home town (Islamabad). He has his own house and another plot. (Both of these properties were shown in the application) as well as his pension.

4. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed a lot of uk visitor visas being refused in recent weeks? I personally know few people whose family visitor visa got refused recently. All of them had good travel history and visited UK before.

Any other feedback to improve the chances will be appreciated.

Thanks
JP

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed May 09, 2012 8:40 pm

The mindset of the ECO is that he represents an immigration risk and that is not easy to overcome with another application (but at only 78 pounds you can try). So, unless you have startling new evidence that previously existed but was omitted from the application, I think you have no option other than to appeal. A judge at the FTT may take a different view (but that may be some six months from now).

johnplayer
Newly Registered

Post by johnplayer » Thu May 10, 2012 8:35 am

About pt. 2, I think that the tax returns might be a solid proof of rental income as he is filing his tax returns regularly.